Darling Baphomet's Altar

Darling Baphomet

Platinum #87: Knights and Bikes

1Le8bef8.png

Got this on sale as a cute co-op game to play with a friend of mine, and it didn't disappoint. It's a game made from the ground up from co-op, and it's definitely worth the ~13$ or so I got it on sale for. The game is told and very much looks like a children's book, and the story is very much in line with that, although there's a somewhat sad plot underneath the whole thing. The gameplay is fresh, although the combat can get somewhat repetitive at times. It takes around ~10-12 hours to beat in my experience, so not a long game at all, but a decent online co-op experience for the money.

Oddly enough, much of the gameplay is spent not on your bike, as the name would suggest, but on ground, fighting enemies with quirky weapons like boom boxes and plungers. A bit of the gameplay is just exploring to find treasure, the currency of the game, although it almost seems like it's infinite with how abundant it was and how I was never able to run out of money at the bike store.

Only annoying thing is that a bunch of the collectibles are missable, and you have to start at the beginning of a day in order to get back to locations, which leads to a lot of repetitiveness if you don't use a guide for collecting treasure tins from the beginning.

Current Backlog:

Spoiler

Key: games in blue I'm playing on and off, not actively platinuming. Games in red are suspended. Games in black I'm playing with the intention of platinuming. Games in green I finished, but without doing all the trophies.

Currently Playing

Singleplayer

Doom Eternal

Saints Row The Third: Remastered

Multiplayer

Worms Rumble

Fortnite

Star Wars Squadrons

Fallout 76

New Arrivals - December 2020

Big Pharma

Void Bastards

Sea of Solitude

The Sexy Brutale

Civilization VI

Sayonara Wild Hearts

The Last of Us Part 2

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

Nier: Automata

Cat Quest

Do Not Feed The Monkeys

Underhero

Outer Wilds

Recent Purchases - last 4-5 months

Amplitude

Long Journey Home 

Celeste

Jurassic World Evolution

Nex Machina

Medusa and Her Lover

Frostpunk

Moonlighter

Pixel Ripped 1995

A Fisherman's Tale

Ghost Giant

Fury Unleashed

Felix The Reaper

Dragon Quest Builders 2

Ruiner

Neglected Games - 2020

Rad

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey

Far Cry 3

Far Cry Primal

Age of Wonders: Planetfall

The Count Lucanor

Odin Sphere Leifthraiser

Batman: The Enemy Within

World War Z

Crash N-Sane Trilogy

Team Sonic Racing

Subnautica

Blood & Truth

Flockers

We Happy Few

The Council

Devil May Cry 5

Call of Cthulhu

The Crew 2

Death Stranding

8 Bit Invaders

8 Bit Armies

Superhot VR

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider

Alien: Isolation

Hollow Knight

Alienation

Star Wars Battlefront 1

Castaways - Before 2020

Ni No Kuni 2 - Revenant Kingdom

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

.Hack G.U. Trilogy

L.A. Noire

Everspace

Metro Exodus

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Days Gone

Mercenary Kings

Slime Rancher

Bow to Blood

Falcon Age

• Like 1

Platinum #88: Saints Row the Third: Remastered

1Leaf877.png

I originally played Saints Row 3 as a kid, long enough ago that I barely remember much about it save for a few scenes - I have, however, kept up with the series, as demonstrated by my Saints Row IV, Gat out of Hell, and Agents of Mayhem (underrated game!) plats. I'd been wanting to replay this part of the series for a while, as I'd remembered it being a relatively lowkey game compared to how insane Saints Row IV got.

Anyway, then came this remaster. After months of wanting it, I saw it on sale for 18$ and... failed to convince myself not to buy it. Whoops. Fast forward a week of doing (almost) nothing but playing it, and I've platinumed it. The remaster actually holds up really, really well - at no point did I feel like I was playing a PS3 game. It's definitely not cutting edge in terms of graphics, mind you, but it's an actual, high effort remaster that does a lot of justice to the series. As is, it looks like an ~early gen PS4 game. The cars are shiny, the character models are sleek, and the gameplay is... well, it's Saints Row 3.

Side note, was the character customization always this bad? Sheesh.

It's a solid open world game with enough content to keep you occupied for a good 20 hours, and not much more. Honestly, it's a bit short for an open world game by today's standards - but that's probably better than the needless bloat of games like AC. The DLC is pretty solid, although it's all extremely short and none of it was spectacular - I did surprisingly enjoy the Gangstas in Space DLC (spoilers: it does not take place in space) in particular, though it's a shame you can't use its weapons out of the DLC.

Side note, Volition is apparently working on Saints Row 5 (finally!), but it's rumored that they'll retcon SR4 and Gat Out of Hell - which makes sense, given the critical reception to those parts of the franchise, but I really hope they don't. While I'd love to go back to SR3 levels of crazy-but-not-too-crazy, I'd really prefer they... I dunno, used the time travel shit they obviously have to fix things, restore the world, etc. Have Zinyak's space ship be destroyed. I don't care. But I loved the characterization the crew got in 4 and Gat Out of Hell, and it'd be an absolute shame to see that wasted.

Then again, it is just a rumor. We'll see.

Current Backlog

Spoiler

Currently Playing

Singleplayer

Doom Eternal

The Last of Us 2

Multiplayer

Worms Rumble

Fortnite

Star Wars Squadrons

Fallout 76

New Arrivals - December 2020 - January 2021

Big Pharma

Void Bastards

Sea of Solitude

The Sexy Brutale

Civilization VI

Sayonara Wild Hearts

The Last of Us Part 2

Cat Quest

Do Not Feed The Monkeys

Underhero

Outer Wilds

The Flame and the Flood

Amplitude

Long Journey Home 

Celeste

Jurassic World Evolution

Nex Machina

Medusa and Her Lover

Frostpunk

Moonlighter

Pixel Ripped 1995

A Fisherman's Tale

Ghost Giant

Fury Unleashed

Felix The Reaper

Dragon Quest Builders 2

Ruiner

Neglected Games - 2020

Rad

Far Cry 3

Far Cry Primal

The Count Lucanor

Odin Sphere Leifthraiser

World War Z

Crash N-Sane Trilogy

Team Sonic Racing

Subnautica

Blood & Truth

Flockers

We Happy Few

The Council

Devil May Cry 5

Call of Cthulhu

The Crew 2

Death Stranding

8 Bit Invaders

8 Bit Armies

Superhot VR

Hollow Knight

Alienation

Star Wars Battlefront 1

Castaways - Before 2020

.Hack G.U. Trilogy

L.A. Noire

Everspace

Metro Exodus

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Days Gone

Mercenary Kings

Slime Rancher

Bow to Blood

Falcon Age

• 4 weeks later...

Platinum #89: Underhero

1L8b51c4.png

Underhero is a fun Paper Mario inspired indie game that reaches for the heavens and... well, doesn't quite get there, but manages to be a charming RPG-platformer with a surprisingly interesting story nonetheless. It's a solid 7/10 - it doesn't really exceed at anything, but it does well enough for itself, and it's definitely worth the ~5$ I paid for it. With more polish it could certainly have been a gem - but it has a lot of minor issues that hold it back; weird level design (especially long, indistinguishable levels near the end), weird scaling sometimes that distorts the gorgeous sprite work, and occasional wonky platforming. I'd definitely like to see an Underhero 2, hopefully with lessons learned from the failings of 1.

The platinum was relatively easy, although I had to scrap multiple trophy resources together to really get a sense of everything since it doesn't have the best resources as an indie game.

Anyway, now to focus on my other in progress games; Nier: Automata, Void Bastards, and Sayonara Wild Hearts (to say nothing of the multiplayer games I've been doing.) I finished The Last of Us 2, but don't really feel like replaying it for the platinum at this moment due to discontent from the ending. Side note, this is now an Abby stan account. Suspending Fortnite because I don't think I have the dedication to platinum Save the World.

Bought a bunch of new games during the last few sales, to the backlog they go! If the stimulus check arrives in time, might pick up one or two more.

Current Backlog

Spoiler

Currently Playing

Singleplayer

Sayonara Wild Hearts

Civilization 6

YS VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

Void Bastards

Multiplayer

Worms Rumble

Star Wars Squadrons

Fallout 76

Streets of Rogue

Outward

Doom Eternal

Oh my god, there's more?! - February 2021+

Patapon Remastered

Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2

Deponia Doomsday

Chaos in Deponia

Scribblenauts Mega Pack

Dragons Crown Pro

Masters of Anima

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner: MARS (no, I am not typing that properly, do not ask)

Big Pharma

Void Bastards

Sea of Solitude

The Sexy Brutale

Civilization VI

Sayonara Wild Hearts

The Last of Us Part 2

Cat Quest

Do Not Feed The Monkeys

Underhero

Outer Wilds

The Flame and the Flood

Amplitude

Long Journey Home 

Celeste

Jurassic World Evolution

Nex Machina

Medusa and Her Lover

Frostpunk

Moonlighter

Pixel Ripped 1995

A Fisherman's Tale

Ghost Giant

Fury Unleashed

Felix The Reaper

Dragon Quest Builders 2

Ruiner

Neglected Games - 2020

Rad

Far Cry 3

Far Cry Primal

The Count Lucanor

Odin Sphere Leifthraiser

World War Z

Crash N-Sane Trilogy

Team Sonic Racing

Subnautica

Blood & Truth

Flockers

We Happy Few

The Council

Devil May Cry 5

Call of Cthulhu

The Crew 2

Death Stranding

8 Bit Invaders

8 Bit Armies

Superhot VR

Hollow Knight

Alienation

Star Wars Battlefront 1

Castaways - Before 2020

.Hack G.U. Trilogy

L.A. Noire

Everspace

Metro Exodus

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Days Gone

Mercenary Kings

Slime Rancher

Bow to Blood

Falcon Age

• Like 2

Platinum #90: Sayonara Wild Hearts

1L4f36fa.png

Sayonara Wild Hearts is a delightfully eccentric rhythm game with a solid soundtrack and a very artistically told narrative of heartbreak, forgiveness, and moving on. It has fantastic visuals and the gameplay changes with every song - the variety of which is quite diverse. It's a very short game, overall, with some replayability due to the challenges, but really, you're paying for an excellent few hours of very artistic entertainment - definitely worth the price I paid for it on sale (and honestly what I needed dealing with my own breakup.)

The platinum is fairly straightforward too, taking a few hours of cleanup, and is just enough of an excuse to give the game a few more replays. The game leans heavily into quality over quantity, and what quality! I'm definitely going to revisit this in the future.

Bought Predator: Hunting Grounds because it was on sale on Amazon - honestly a fantastic game. I've put in probably 20-30 hours so far, definitely gotten my money's worth. The Fireteam gameplay is honestly the best part - I love doing objectives in a squad while having to fight off predators, but being an annoying piece of shit with hit & run tactics and making people ragequit as predator is pretty funny as well. Prrobably going to platinum it, but we'll see, because I've got tons of grindy multiplayer games on my list right now.

Side note: Worms Rumble is almost complete, only ~20k coins left to collect, waiting until I'm ready to pop the plat for an event I'm in. Unfortunately, a patch made the game unplayable, although supposedly that should be fixed tomorow.

Current Backlog

Spoiler

Currently Playing

Singleplayer

Civilization 6

Void Bastards

Multiplayer

Worms Rumble

Star Wars Squadrons

Fallout 76

Streets of Rogue

Outward

Doom Eternal

Predator: Hunting Grounds

Patapon Remastered

Deponia Doomsday

Chaos in Deponia

Scribblenauts Mega Pack

Dragons Crown Pro

Masters of Anima

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner: MARS (no, I am not typing that properly, do not ask)

Concrete Genie (PS+)

Little Nightmares (PS Now)

Big Pharma

Void Bastards

Sea of Solitude

The Sexy Brutale

Civilization VI

Sayonara Wild Hearts

The Last of Us Part 2

Cat Quest

Do Not Feed The Monkeys

Underhero

Outer Wilds

The Flame and the Flood

Amplitude

Long Journey Home 

Celeste

Jurassic World Evolution

Nex Machina

Medusa and Her Lover

Frostpunk

Moonlighter

Pixel Ripped 1995

A Fisherman's Tale

Ghost Giant

Fury Unleashed

Felix The Reaper

Dragon Quest Builders 2

Ruiner

Neglected Games - 2020

Rad

Far Cry 3

Far Cry Primal

The Count Lucanor

Odin Sphere Leifthraiser

World War Z

Crash N-Sane Trilogy

Team Sonic Racing

Subnautica

Blood & Truth

Flockers

We Happy Few

The Council

Devil May Cry 5

Call of Cthulhu

The Crew 2

Death Stranding

8 Bit Invaders

8 Bit Armies

Superhot VR

Hollow Knight

Alienation

Star Wars Battlefront 1

Castaways - Before 2020

.Hack G.U. Trilogy

L.A. Noire

Everspace

Metro Exodus

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Days Gone

Mercenary Kings

Slime Rancher

Bow to Blood

Falcon Age

Edited by Darling Baphomet
  • Like 3

Platinum #91: Worms Rumble

1L2c9134.png

Welcome to hell!

Well, more accurately, welcome to Worms Rumble. When this initially came out on PS+, I loved it. I picked it up pretty quickly, and despite not being accustomed to side scrolling shooters (let alone multiplayer ones), I got pretty good at it pretty quickly. By level ~30 I was winning most of my matches and knew the ins and outs of every map.

And that's where things get iffy - see, this game just does not have the dozens of hours of playtime that it takes to platinum in it. It launched with three maps. They're good maps, mind you, but they're not particularly in depth. It's not like, say, a quality over quantity shooter with three completely distinct, iconic maps. No, these maps aren't really that different. For the first 10-20 hours I kept mistaking two of them for eachother. They've had good post-launch support, mind you - as of now they've added their second post-launch map, for a total of five - but the sparsity remains. It's a solid 15$ game whose platinum aspires to be much more than it actually is, which is just a massive fucking grind.

Add to this that the game seems to have gotten more and more unstable since launch - the patch before last broke the game completely, and a day later they fixed it, but added a new bug wherein sometimes I would get stuck in loops of picking up items, only for them to immediately be replaced by the item I had just swapped them for.

But I'm not going to say this is a bad game, it's a pretty good game. I absolutely loved it before it started to outstay its welcome. Worms as a multiplayer, real time shooter works. Could it have used more iconic Worms weapons? Absolutely. But what it is is good nonetheless. The character customization is good and the gameplay is tight, with plenty of room to master it.

Anyway, glad I'm done with this.

Current Backlog:

Spoiler

Currently Playing

Singleplayer

Civilization 6

Void Bastards

Multiplayer

Star Wars Squadrons

Fallout 76

Streets of Rogue

Outward

Doom Eternal

Patapon Remastered

Deponia Doomsday

Chaos in Deponia

Scribblenauts Mega Pack

Dragons Crown Pro

Masters of Anima

Concrete Genie (PS+)

Little Nightmares (PS Now)

Big Pharma

Void Bastards

Sea of Solitude

The Sexy Brutale

Civilization VI

Sayonara Wild Hearts

The Last of Us Part 2

Cat Quest

Do Not Feed The Monkeys

Underhero

Outer Wilds

The Flame and the Flood

Amplitude

Long Journey Home 

Celeste

Jurassic World Evolution

Nex Machina

Medusa and Her Lover

Frostpunk

Moonlighter

Pixel Ripped 1995

A Fisherman's Tale

Ghost Giant

Fury Unleashed

Felix The Reaper

Dragon Quest Builders 2

Ruiner

Neglected Games - 2020

Rad

Far Cry 3

Far Cry Primal

The Count Lucanor

Odin Sphere Leifthraiser

World War Z

Crash N-Sane Trilogy

Team Sonic Racing

Subnautica

Blood & Truth

Flockers

We Happy Few

The Council

Devil May Cry 5

Call of Cthulhu

The Crew 2

Death Stranding

8 Bit Invaders

8 Bit Armies

Superhot VR

Hollow Knight

Alienation

Star Wars Battlefront 1

Castaways - Before 2020

.Hack G.U. Trilogy

L.A. Noire

Everspace

Metro Exodus

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Days Gone

Mercenary Kings

Slime Rancher

Bow to Blood

Falcon Age

• Like 1

Platinum #92: We Were Here

1La67ded.png

Here's an easy game. As some of you may know, this game is free on PSN until tomorrow (may have already stopped being free, depending on timezones) as a promotion for the two sequel We Were Here games being ported to PS4... tomorrow. It's almost a proof of concept game; in my playthrough with my co-op partner, we finished the main game in ~1-1.5 hours or so with no guide, then wrapped it up and platinumed it in another hour. There's a very innovative walkie talkie system where you have to voice chat using walkie talkies, and can't talk at the same time - this did not work for us, so we just used party chat.

In all honesty, I probably wouldn't have played this if it wasn't free, but the very short game was, indeed, a good proof of concept - I might actually get the sequels, because there was some fun in exploring puzzles while my friend searched for clues. Hopefully the sequels are much longer, and harder to platinum.

Anyway, besides that, been playing Ys VIII, hoping to finish it in time for a backlog event that starts in March, but I tend to be a very slow trophy hunter - in theory, Ys VIII's 80 hour runtime could be gone through in two weeks, but in reality, it'll probably take me 3-4 to finish it. Also going to let PS Now run out until me and my co-op partner are ready to play Darksiders Genesis - I have too many bought games to play right now and am simply not playing PS Now games. Picked up Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville as another grindy MP game, still doing work on Predator: Hunting Grounds too. Updated the backlog a bunch since I never put in a bunch of pre-2020 games. Added new categories for PS+, PS Now games (when I resubscribe), and a wishlist for games I'm looking out for - should really buy those instead of random games on sale.

CURRENT BACKLOG:

(Just noticed I removed the key from my backlog, must have done that a few updates ago. Kinda defeats the purpose of the color coded system. Oops.)

Spoiler

Key: games in blue I'm playing on and off, not actively platinuming. Games in red are suspended. Games in black I'm playing with the intention of platinuming. Games in green I finished, but without doing all the trophies.

Currently Playing

Singleplayer

Civilization 6

Void Bastards

Multiplayer

Star Wars Squadrons

Fallout 76

Streets of Rogue

Outward

Doom Eternal

Plants Vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville

Patapon Remastered

Deponia Doomsday

Chaos in Deponia

Scribblenauts Mega Pack

Dragons Crown Pro

Masters of Anima

Concrete Genie (PS+)

The Flame in the Flood: Complete Edition

Big Pharma

Void Bastards

Sea of Solitude (EA Play)

The Sexy Brutale

Civilization VI

Sayonara Wild Hearts

The Last of Us Part 2

Cat Quest

Do Not Feed The Monkeys

Underhero

Outer Wilds

The Flame and the Flood

Amplitude

Long Journey Home 

Celeste

Jurassic World Evolution

Nex Machina

Medusa and Her Lover

Frostpunk

Moonlighter

Pixel Ripped 1995

A Fisherman's Tale

Ghost Giant

Fury Unleashed

Felix The Reaper

Dragon Quest Builders 2

Ruiner

Neglected Games - 2020

Rad

Far Cry 3

Far Cry Primal

The Count Lucanor

Odin Sphere Leifthraiser

World War Z

Crash N-Sane Trilogy

Team Sonic Racing

Subnautica

Blood & Truth

Flockers

We Happy Few

The Council

Devil May Cry 5

Call of Cthulhu

The Crew 2

Death Stranding

8 Bit Invaders

8 Bit Armies

Superhot VR

Hollow Knight

Alienation

Star Wars Battlefront 1

8-Bit Invaders

Overcooked 2

Castaways - Before 2020 / Unknown

.Hack G.U. Trilogy

L.A. Noire

Everspace

Metro Exodus

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Days Gone

Mercenary Kings

Slime Rancher

Bow to Blood - PSVR

Falcon Age - PSVR

Legend of Kay Anniversary

Eve: Valkyrie Warzone - PSVR

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

The Last Guardian

Oxenfree

Shadow Warrior 2

Get Even

Life is Strange: Before the Storm

Until Dawn

Beholder: Complete Edition

Danganronpa 1 - 2 Reload

Wasteland 2

Super Cloudbuilt

Forgotten Anne

Enter the Gungeon

Nuclear Throne

Fairy Fency F: Advent Dark Force

Sprint Vector - PSVR

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Destroy All Humans! 2

Hotline Miami

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Along Together - PSVR

Prey

Battlefield 1

Battlefield V

Fat Princess Adventures

Shadow of the Colossus

The Witcher 3

Blood Bowl 2

Doom

Uncharted 1

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

Need for Speed

Need for Speed Rivals

Steep

Citizens of Space

Human Fall Flat

Lego Worlds

Mothergunship

A Hat in Time

The Technomancer

Red Faction

Rogue Legacy

Don't Starve Together

Knack

Darkest Dungeon

Moss - PSVR

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age

The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition

Disgaea 5

The Talos Principle

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

Darksiders Warmastered Edition

Darksiders 2

Fe

Final Fantasy XV

Dangerous Golf

Dying Light

Murdered: Soul Suspect

For The King

Grip: Combat Racing

Tiny Metal

Megalith - PSVR

Pyre

Shadow Warrior

Valley

Birthdays The Beginnings

PS+

Nioh

XCOM 2 

Rime

The Banner Sage 

Amnesia Collection

Grand Kingdom

The Witness

Bound

Invisible Inc 

Cities Skylines

Dead By Daylight

Firewall: Zero Hour - PSVR

Lords of the Fallen

Worms Battlegrounds

Stories: The Path of Destinies

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Owlboy

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Strike Vector EX

Mafia 3

Sonic Forces

The Deadly Tower of Monsters

Portal Knights

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Killing Floor 2

Darksiders 3

Detroit: Become Human

Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition

Rocket League

Middle Earth: Shadow of War

PS Now

Little Nightmares

Battle Chasers: Nightwar

Slime-San

N.E.R.O.

Darksiders Genesis

8-Bit Armies

Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

Joe Dever's Lone Wolf Console Edition

Surviving Mars

Shadwen

Styx: Master of Shadows

Wishlist

Cosmic Star Heroine

Trailmakers

Steven Universe: Save the Light

Night in the Woods

Journey to the Savage Planet

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

Dead Cells

Darkest Dungeon DLC

Astroneer

Bug Fables

Ghost of Tsushima

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Immortal Redneck

Immortals: Fenyx Rising

No Straight Roads

Paper Beast

Rock of Ages 3

Superliminal

The End is Nigh

The Magic Circle: Gold Edition

The Wonderful 101: Remastered

The Pathless

The Walking Dead: Sinners and Saints

They Are Billions

Time Carnage

Tokyo Chronos

Wintermoor Tactics Club

Platinum #93: Sea of Solitude

1L725005.png

Okay, another easy one - this game was included with EA Play (still on sale for a month for 1$!) so I figured I'd play through it. It's a very solid 3-4 hour game - it's absolutely gorgeous, the level design is extremely unique; I adore the water rising and lowering and how you end up going around the same parts of the town multiple times as different levels - it brings a sort of closed cycle feeling to the game.

The voice acting is a bit weird at first, but I quickly got used to the main character's accent. The story itself is paramount in this game, as it's a very symbolic game primarily focused on the story, which is woven into the art - and it's overall a pretty solid metaphor for dealing with mental illness, reconciling with others, moving on, etc, although some of the story decisions seemed highly random and made very little sense, but I may have been missing symbolism.

I really can't overstate just how pretty this game is, and how creative the level design is - while the later levels get a bit linear, the rising and lowering water nonetheless makes for an experience that I haven't had elsewhere.

CURRENT BACKLOG:

Spoiler

Currently Playing

Singleplayer

Civilization 6

Void Bastards

Multiplayer

Star Wars Squadrons

Fallout 76

Streets of Rogue

Outward

Doom Eternal

Patapon Remastered

Deponia Doomsday

Chaos in Deponia

Scribblenauts Mega Pack

Dragons Crown Pro

Masters of Anima

Concrete Genie (PS+)

Big Pharma

Void Bastards

The Sexy Brutale

Civilization VI

Sayonara Wild Hearts

The Last of Us Part 2

Cat Quest

Do Not Feed The Monkeys

Underhero

Outer Wilds

The Flame and the Flood

Amplitude

Long Journey Home 

Celeste

Jurassic World Evolution

Nex Machina

Medusa and Her Lover

Frostpunk

Moonlighter

Pixel Ripped 1995

A Fisherman's Tale

Ghost Giant

Fury Unleashed

Felix The Reaper

Dragon Quest Builders 2

Ruiner

Neglected Games - 2020

Rad

Far Cry 3

Far Cry Primal

The Count Lucanor

Odin Sphere Leifthraiser

World War Z

Crash N-Sane Trilogy

Team Sonic Racing

Subnautica

Blood & Truth

Flockers

We Happy Few

The Council

Devil May Cry 5

Call of Cthulhu

The Crew 2

Death Stranding

8 Bit Invaders

8 Bit Armies

Superhot VR

Hollow Knight

Alienation

Star Wars Battlefront 1

8-Bit Invaders

Overcooked 2

.Hack G.U. Trilogy

L.A. Noire

Everspace

Metro Exodus

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Days Gone

Mercenary Kings

Slime Rancher

Bow to Blood - PSVR

Falcon Age - PSVR

The Last Guardian

Oxenfree

Shadow Warrior 2

Get Even

Until Dawn

Danganronpa 1 - 2 Reload

Wasteland 2

Super Cloudbuilt

Forgotten Anne

Enter the Gungeon

Nuclear Throne

Sprint Vector - PSVR

Destroy All Humans! 2

Hotline Miami

Along Together - PSVR

Prey

Battlefield 1

Battlefield V

Fat Princess Adventures

Shadow of the Colossus

The Witcher 3

Blood Bowl 2

Doom

Uncharted 1

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

Need for Speed

Need for Speed Rivals

Steep

Citizens of Space

Human Fall Flat

Lego Worlds

Mothergunship

A Hat in Time

The Technomancer

Red Faction

Rogue Legacy

Don't Starve Together

Knack

Darkest Dungeon

Moss - PSVR

Disgaea 5

The Talos Principle

Darksiders 2

Fe

Final Fantasy XV

Dangerous Golf

Dying Light

For The King

Tiny Metal

Megalith - PSVR

Pyre

Shadow Warrior

Valley

Birthdays The Beginnings

PS+

Nioh

XCOM 2 

Rime

The Banner Sage 

Amnesia Collection

Grand Kingdom

The Witness

Bound

Invisible Inc 

Cities Skylines

Dead By Daylight

Lords of the Fallen

Worms Battlegrounds

Owlboy

Strike Vector EX

Mafia 3

Sonic Forces

Portal Knights

Killing Floor 2

Darksiders 3

Rocket League

PS Now

Little Nightmares

Slime-San

N.E.R.O.

Darksiders Genesis

8-Bit Armies

Surviving Mars

Shadwen

Wishlist

Cosmic Star Heroine

Trailmakers

Night in the Woods

Dead Cells

Darkest Dungeon DLC

Astroneer

Bug Fables

Ghost of Tsushima

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Immortal Redneck

No Straight Roads

Paper Beast

Rock of Ages 3

Superliminal

The End is Nigh

The Pathless

They Are Billions

Time Carnage

Tokyo Chronos

Wintermoor Tactics Club

• Like 2

Platinum #94: Everything

1L30a6b7.png

Everything.

Well, not quite, it's actually quite a load of nothing, but I guess that's the point of the game. Everything is a bizarre walking / flying / ...rolling? sim wherein you explore everything. In reality, a disappointingly miniscule slice of everything, especially once you realize that the individual environments are not, in fact, infinite, but rather infinitely looping repetitions of the same small spot.

But the core is there; you can be an atom, an ant, a building, a continent, a planet, and a galaxy, and everything in between. Or quite a bit. The gameplay isn't really what you're there for; you're there to travel through interesting environments while being fed a steady stream of insightful quotes and Alan Watts. My favorite quote from the former category being, "As long as you keep moving, in any direction you choose, that will take you where you need to go." - quite insightful for an indie game.

I can't objectively say this is an amazing game - once you get past the first 5-6 hours it starts to wear on you; it would be much better if there was a constant stream of Alan Watts, since that's really what you're there for, as opposed to brief snippets every 4+ minutes of exploration (about the time it takes a collectible to spawn.)

But it is an intellectually stimulating game nonetheless, and in a way the nature of the game reflects that - it features Alan Watts talking about relativity, and about the illusion of the differential between self and other, and the game reflects this with most things controlling relatively the same, and with just how ridiculous its representation of our world (or whichever world it takes place in) is. Most insightful shitpost I've ever partaken in. Worth the ~3$ you can get it on sale for right now.

Started playing Need for Speed Heat since I got another month of EA play for 1$ (offer's still active!), let's see if this is the first NFS game I actually bother platinuming. Going to pick up Nier Automata again, although I'm in a month long backlog event that involves platinuming 0% games, as well as a more lax 3 month <33% backlog event, so I may delay it until the second month. NFS Heat I have to finish in the next month regardless, though. Might buy Night in the Woods, since it's been on my backlog for months and this is the first time it's been on sale - Trailmakers is also a consideration, but its 25% discount isn't worth ruining my budget for.

Also finally bought the Darkest Dungeon DLC! So that's going to be something I'll play soon(ish).

CURRENT BACKLOG:

Spoiler

Currently Playing

Singleplayer

Civilization 6

Need For Speed: Heat

Multiplayer

Star Wars Squadrons

Fallout 76

Streets of Rogue

Outward

Doom Eternal

The Mean Greens

Patapon Remastered

Deponia Doomsday

Chaos in Deponia

Scribblenauts Mega Pack

Dragons Crown Pro

Masters of Anima

Concrete Genie (PS+)

Void Bastards

Big Pharma

Void Bastards

The Sexy Brutale

Civilization VI

Sayonara Wild Hearts

The Last of Us Part 2

Cat Quest

Do Not Feed The Monkeys

Underhero

Outer Wilds

The Flame and the Flood

Amplitude

Long Journey Home 

Celeste

Jurassic World Evolution

Nex Machina

Medusa and Her Lover

Frostpunk

Moonlighter

Pixel Ripped 1995

A Fisherman's Tale

Ghost Giant

Fury Unleashed

Felix The Reaper

Dragon Quest Builders 2

Ruiner

Neglected Games - 2020

Rad

Far Cry 3

Far Cry Primal

The Count Lucanor

Odin Sphere Leifthraiser

World War Z

Crash N-Sane Trilogy

Team Sonic Racing

Subnautica

Blood & Truth

Flockers

We Happy Few

The Council

Devil May Cry 5

Call of Cthulhu

The Crew 2

Death Stranding

8 Bit Invaders

8 Bit Armies

Superhot VR

Hollow Knight

Alienation

Star Wars Battlefront 1

8-Bit Invaders

Overcooked 2

.Hack G.U. Trilogy

L.A. Noire

Everspace

Metro Exodus

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Days Gone

Mercenary Kings

Slime Rancher

Bow to Blood - PSVR

Falcon Age - PSVR

The Last Guardian

Oxenfree

Shadow Warrior 2

Get Even

Until Dawn

Danganronpa 1 - 2 Reload

Wasteland 2

Super Cloudbuilt

Forgotten Anne

Enter the Gungeon

Nuclear Throne

Sprint Vector - PSVR

Destroy All Humans! 2

Hotline Miami

Along Together - PSVR

Prey

Battlefield 1

Battlefield V

Fat Princess Adventures

Shadow of the Colossus

The Witcher 3

Blood Bowl 2

Doom

Uncharted 1

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

Need for Speed

Need for Speed Rivals

Steep

Citizens of Space

Human Fall Flat

Lego Worlds

Mothergunship

A Hat in Time

The Technomancer

Red Faction

Rogue Legacy

Don't Starve Together

Knack

Darkest Dungeon

Moss - PSVR

Disgaea 5

The Talos Principle

Darksiders 2

Fe

Final Fantasy XV

Dangerous Golf

Dying Light

For The King

Tiny Metal

Megalith - PSVR

Pyre

Shadow Warrior

Valley

Birthdays The Beginnings

PS+

Nioh

XCOM 2 

Rime

The Banner Sage 

Amnesia Collection

Grand Kingdom

The Witness

Bound

Invisible Inc 

Cities Skylines

Dead By Daylight

Lords of the Fallen

Worms Battlegrounds

Owlboy

Strike Vector EX

Mafia 3

Sonic Forces

Portal Knights

Killing Floor 2

Darksiders 3

Rocket League

PS Now

Little Nightmares

Slime-San

N.E.R.O.

Darksiders Genesis

8-Bit Armies

Surviving Mars

Shadwen

Wishlist

Cosmic Star Heroine

Trailmakers

Night in the Woods

Dead Cells

Astroneer

Bug Fables

Ghost of Tsushima

Immortal Redneck

No Straight Roads

Paper Beast

Rock of Ages 3

Superliminal

The End is Nigh

The Pathless

They Are Billions

Time Carnage

Tokyo Chronos

Wintermoor Tactics Club

• Like 1

Platinum #95: A Way Out

1Le85b48.png

Another EA Play game here; getting the most out of my 1$! A Way Out is a fun splitscreen game (even if you play online, oddly, but I guess it works) that is essentially an interactive B movie; you play as either of two emotionally repressed tough guys who need to break out of jail and get revenge on a shared enemy. The game is a mix of telltale esque walk around sequences, stealth sequences, and even a few fight scenes, with a good variety of environments and... well, a decent plot, if you don't mind B movie corniness.

The platinum was honestly exceedingly easy and probably would be a 50-60% if it didn't require a co-op partner (trophy hunters don't have friends, didn't you know?) for the ideal experience.

Highly recommend getting the 1$ EA Play promotion (still active until the 9th, even if you redeemed it before, if you don't have an active subscription) and playing this, Sea of Solitude, and Jedi Fallen Order.

Anyway, hopefully that's the last ezpz game I do for a while - gonna buy and plat the other We Were Here games with a friend at some point in the near future, but I'm a bit tight on finances at the moment so I'm putting it off. For the last few days I've been obsessed with the Outer Wilds, an absolutely charming game, which I'm probably 20-40 minutes away from platinuming and will finish up either today or tomorrow. Also been grinding out Need For Speed Heat, which I'm hoping to finish before my EA Play subscription finishes up; so far it's been much better than other Need For Speed games I've played; I still hate having cops in my otherwise decent discount Burnout Paradise games, but they're not too bad in NFS.

Also bought Hyper Light Drifter and Night in the Woods, which were on my wishlist for ages and haven't ever been on sale before (IIRC), so I couldn't pass it up. Picked up Super Time Force Ultra because it was 2$. Trailmakers is also on my wishlist and hasn't been on sale before, but 25% off isn't worth breaking the bank for. Do better!

CURRENT BACKLOG:

Spoiler

Currently Playing

Singleplayer

Big Pharma

Civilization 6

Multiplayer

Star Wars Squadrons

Fallout 76

Streets of Rogue

Outward

Doom Eternal

The Mean Greens

Patapon Remastered

Deponia Doomsday

Chaos in Deponia

Scribblenauts Mega Pack

Dragons Crown Pro

Masters of Anima

Night in the Woods

Hyper Light Drifter

Super Time Force Ultra

Void Bastards

Big Pharma

Void Bastards

The Sexy Brutale

Civilization VI

Sayonara Wild Hearts

The Last of Us Part 2

Cat Quest

Do Not Feed The Monkeys

Underhero

Outer Wilds

The Flame and the Flood

Amplitude

Long Journey Home 

Celeste

Jurassic World Evolution

Nex Machina

Medusa and Her Lover

Frostpunk

Moonlighter

Pixel Ripped 1995

A Fisherman's Tale

Ghost Giant

Fury Unleashed

Felix The Reaper

Dragon Quest Builders 2

Ruiner

Neglected Games - 2020

Rad

Far Cry 3

Far Cry Primal

The Count Lucanor

Odin Sphere Leifthraiser

World War Z

Crash N-Sane Trilogy

Team Sonic Racing

Subnautica

Blood & Truth

Flockers

We Happy Few

The Council

Devil May Cry 5

Call of Cthulhu

The Crew 2

Death Stranding

8 Bit Invaders

8 Bit Armies

Superhot VR

Hollow Knight

Alienation

Star Wars Battlefront 1

8-Bit Invaders

Overcooked 2

.Hack G.U. Trilogy

L.A. Noire

Everspace

Metro Exodus

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Days Gone

Mercenary Kings

Slime Rancher

Bow to Blood - PSVR

Falcon Age - PSVR

The Last Guardian

Oxenfree

Shadow Warrior 2

Get Even

Until Dawn

Danganronpa 1 - 2 Reload

Wasteland 2

Super Cloudbuilt

Forgotten Anne

Enter the Gungeon

Nuclear Throne

Sprint Vector - PSVR

Destroy All Humans! 2

Hotline Miami

Along Together - PSVR

Prey

Battlefield 1

Battlefield V

Fat Princess Adventures

Shadow of the Colossus

The Witcher 3

Blood Bowl 2

Doom

Uncharted 1

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

Need for Speed

Need for Speed Rivals

Steep

Citizens of Space

Human Fall Flat

Lego Worlds

Mothergunship

A Hat in Time

The Technomancer

Red Faction

Rogue Legacy

Don't Starve Together

Knack

Darkest Dungeon

Moss - PSVR

Disgaea 5

The Talos Principle

Darksiders 2

Fe

Final Fantasy XV

Dangerous Golf

Dying Light

For The King

Tiny Metal

Megalith - PSVR

Pyre

Shadow Warrior

Valley

Birthdays The Beginnings

PS+

Concrete Genie

Nioh

XCOM 2 

Rime

The Banner Sage 

Amnesia Collection

Grand Kingdom

The Witness

Bound

Invisible Inc 

Cities Skylines

Dead By Daylight

Lords of the Fallen

Worms Battlegrounds

Owlboy

Strike Vector EX

Mafia 3

Sonic Forces

Portal Knights

Killing Floor 2

Darksiders 3

Rocket League

PS Now

Little Nightmares

Slime-San

N.E.R.O.

Darksiders Genesis

8-Bit Armies

Surviving Mars

Shadwen

Wishlist

Cosmic Star Heroine

Trailmakers

Night in the Woods

Dead Cells

Astroneer

Bug Fables

Ghost of Tsushima

Immortal Redneck

No Straight Roads

Paper Beast

Rock of Ages 3

Superliminal

The End is Nigh

The Pathless

They Are Billions

Time Carnage

Tokyo Chronos

Wintermoor Tactics Club

• Like 2

Platinum #96: The Outer Wilds

1L3639bf.png

Well, here's a game I wasn't expecting... really, anything about. When I first saw the name pop up, I thought, "oh wow, an Outer Wilds rip off". When I saw the banner art, I thought, "2D artsy indie game about space, pass" - as you can probably surmise, I didn't actually do any research about it until recently, particularly due to a friend constantly prodding me to play it. And damn, it blew me away. It's hard to explain why without really spoiling it, but as I said when I mentioned this plat in a previous post, it's one of the few games which not only manages to have exceptional, unique gameplay, but also a genuine message about life. It's a game full of wonder, and hope, and sadness, and acceptance. I cried like a baby when I finally finished it, which seems to be a pretty common reaction, from what I've read. I have a feeling the soundtrack is going to stick with me for a long time, after this.

Without revealing too much, the core gameplay is exploration based, where most of the progression is you learning new things - you can theoretically beat the game within twenty minutes of starting it, but you won't unless you cheat. The soundtrack is gorgeous and conveys what it has to beautifully. The planets, although sometimes smaller than expected, are all very artistic - shout out to the hourglass twins, which are just a wonder to behold. And Giant's Deep, which fills me with existential dread. Fuck Giant's Deep.

If you're going to play this, don't use a trophy guide until you're a good ways into the game - none of the trophies are missable, and spoilers are a pretty heavy thing in a game about exploration, especially one as unique as this one.

Heavy spoilers; don't read unless you've finished it -

Spoiler

In some ways the game strikes me as a metaphor for life; you start out journeying into the cosmos full of wonder and joy, and the game sells itself to you as a cozy, heartwarming expedition, but as you comb through the ruins of a dead civilization who were wiped out so, so close to achieving their dreams, as you realize that you started your journey right as the universe begins its violent death, it becomes a profoundly sad experience. Realizing that all you did, didn't really accomplish much, well... it's just sad. You were a joyous, hopeful little organism thrust into a dying world, with nothing to do but die. In a way, the loops could be considered struggling with death.

Others have said that the creation of a new universe fourteen billion years (or whatever) later makes for a note of optimism, but I don't really see it. Every hope and dream of every character in that game was crushed, and the existence of some bug people in a single ending slide doesn't really do much to ease that weight for me. To me, the ending strikes me as demonstrative of just how futile existence really is - we're born hopeful, then we struggle against a hostile world, and then eventually, we stop struggling, forever. It is, again, profoundly sad.

Side note, the interloper wiping out all civilization felt a bit Deus Ex Machina-y to me - there was no real exposition or explanation about it; it was pretty clearly a plot device. We don't learn much if anything about what ghost matter is, why it exists, etc. Everything else in the game felt like it was there for a reason, with lore upon lore reinforcing its place there - the writing is exceptional - while the interloper's ghost matter explosion really just felt like they needed a way to kill off their mysterious, dead civilization. Especially how a bunch of last messages you see are just, "oh boy, can't wait to explore this great new comet! I wonder what we'll learn!"

Anyway, back to Ys VIII and NFS Heat for me!

CURRENT BACKLOG:

Spoiler

Currently Playing

Singleplayer

Big Pharma

Civilization 6

Multiplayer

Star Wars Squadrons

Fallout 76

Streets of Rogue

Outward

Doom Eternal

The Mean Greens

Patapon Remastered

Deponia Doomsday

Chaos in Deponia

Scribblenauts Mega Pack

Dragons Crown Pro

Masters of Anima

Night in the Woods

Hyper Light Drifter

Super Time Force Ultra

Void Bastards

Big Pharma

Void Bastards

The Sexy Brutale

Civilization VI

Sayonara Wild Hearts

The Last of Us Part 2

Cat Quest

Do Not Feed The Monkeys

Underhero

Outer Wilds

The Flame and the Flood

Amplitude

Long Journey Home 

Celeste

Jurassic World Evolution

Nex Machina

Medusa and Her Lover

Frostpunk

Moonlighter

Pixel Ripped 1995

A Fisherman's Tale

Ghost Giant

Fury Unleashed

Felix The Reaper

Dragon Quest Builders 2

Ruiner

Neglected Games - 2020

Rad

Far Cry 3

Far Cry Primal

The Count Lucanor

Odin Sphere Leifthraiser

World War Z

Crash N-Sane Trilogy

Team Sonic Racing

Subnautica

Blood & Truth

Flockers

We Happy Few

The Council

Devil May Cry 5

Call of Cthulhu

The Crew 2

Death Stranding

8 Bit Invaders

8 Bit Armies

Superhot VR

Hollow Knight

Alienation

Star Wars Battlefront 1

8-Bit Invaders

Overcooked 2

.Hack G.U. Trilogy

L.A. Noire

Everspace

Metro Exodus

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Days Gone

Mercenary Kings

Slime Rancher

Bow to Blood - PSVR

Falcon Age - PSVR

The Last Guardian

Oxenfree

Shadow Warrior 2

Get Even

Until Dawn

Danganronpa 1 - 2 Reload

Wasteland 2

Super Cloudbuilt

Forgotten Anne

Enter the Gungeon

Nuclear Throne

Sprint Vector - PSVR

Destroy All Humans! 2

Hotline Miami

Along Together - PSVR

Prey

Battlefield 1

Battlefield V

Fat Princess Adventures

Shadow of the Colossus

The Witcher 3

Blood Bowl 2

Doom

Uncharted 1

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

Need for Speed

Need for Speed Rivals

Steep

Citizens of Space

Human Fall Flat

Lego Worlds

Mothergunship

A Hat in Time

The Technomancer

Red Faction

Rogue Legacy

Don't Starve Together

Knack

Darkest Dungeon

Moss - PSVR

Disgaea 5

The Talos Principle

Darksiders 2

Fe

Final Fantasy XV

Dangerous Golf

Dying Light

For The King

Tiny Metal

Megalith - PSVR

Pyre

Shadow Warrior

Valley

Birthdays The Beginnings

PS+

Concrete Genie

Nioh

XCOM 2 

Rime

The Banner Sage 

Amnesia Collection

Grand Kingdom

The Witness

Bound

Invisible Inc 

Cities Skylines

Dead By Daylight

Lords of the Fallen

Worms Battlegrounds

Owlboy

Strike Vector EX

Mafia 3

Sonic Forces

Portal Knights

Killing Floor 2

Darksiders 3

Rocket League

PS Now

Little Nightmares

Slime-San

N.E.R.O.

Darksiders Genesis

8-Bit Armies

Surviving Mars

Shadwen

Wishlist

Cosmic Star Heroine

Trailmakers

Night in the Woods

Dead Cells

Astroneer

Bug Fables

Ghost of Tsushima

Immortal Redneck

No Straight Roads

Paper Beast

Rock of Ages 3

Superliminal

The End is Nigh

The Pathless

They Are Billions

Time Carnage

Tokyo Chronos

Wintermoor Tactics Club

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Platinum #96: The Outer Wilds

1L3639bf.png

Well, here's a game I wasn't expecting... really, anything about. When I first saw the name pop up, I thought, "oh wow, an Outer Wilds rip off". When I saw the banner art, I thought, "2D artsy indie game about space, pass" - as you can probably surmise, I didn't actually do any research about it until recently, particularly due to a friend constantly prodding me to play it. And damn, it blew me away. It's hard to explain why without really spoiling it, but as I said when I mentioned this plat in a previous post, it's one of the few games which not only manages to have exceptional, unique gameplay, but also a genuine message about life. It's a game full of wonder, and hope, and sadness, and acceptance. I cried like a baby when I finally finished it, which seems to be a pretty common reaction, from what I've read. I have a feeling the soundtrack is going to stick with me for a long time, after this.

Without revealing too much, the core gameplay is exploration based, where most of the progression is you learning new things - you can theoretically beat the game within twenty minutes of starting it, but you won't unless you cheat. The soundtrack is gorgeous and conveys what it has to beautifully. The planets, although sometimes smaller than expected, are all very artistic - shout out to the hourglass twins, which are just a wonder to behold. And Giant's Deep, which fills me with existential dread. Fuck Giant's Deep.

If you're going to play this, don't use a trophy guide until you're a good ways into the game - none of the trophies are missable, and spoilers are a pretty heavy thing in a game about exploration, especially one as unique as this one.

Wonderful game - and your musings on the meaning of the ending (in the spoiler tag) are beautifully written and articulated - It's funny how different people take different things from that ending. I personally found my interpretation to be pretty much in line with yours, but where you saw sadness in inevitability and futility, I saw a strange sort of catharsis and hope.

In the accepting of meaninglessness, we are free from chains, and free to create meaning ourselves...

...something like that.

It's hard to articulate - at least, to articulate as well as you did here!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Wonderful game - and your musings on the meaning of the ending (in the spoiler tag) are beautifully written and articulated - It's funny how different people take different things from that ending. I personally found my interpretation to be pretty much in line with yours, but where you saw sadness in inevitability and futility, I saw a strange sort of catharsis and hope.

In the accepting of meaninglessness, we are free from chains, and free to create meaning ourselves...

...something like that.

It's hard to articulate - at least, to articulate as well as you did here!

The friend who introduced me to the game would agree with you, from what she said about her feelings on the ending. I suppose I'm just very sensitive to the individual perspective of things. More thoughts I can't really express in a non-spoilery way:

Spoiler

I suppose that "creating meaning yourself" thing is one of the problems I had - the Nomai came so far, worked so hard, from such terrible circumstances - like one of the escape pods not even being able to leave Dark Bramble, only to be instantaneously wiped out by a freak comet entering the solar system. They built so much; shaped the solar system to their will, really, only to be randomly cut down and never come close to seeing the fruition of their work - the religious symbol-esque Eye of the Universe was only ever discovered by the player, who doesn't even care that much about it. Cool rock that some aliens liked a lot.

So it's not just that it's meaningless, it's the cutting down of aspirations to make life more than meaningless that is so cruel and sad from my perspective. Life (or should we say, some life) goes on, but what about all the carnage and destruction it leaves along the way?

But yes, philosophical games like this tend to cause a lot of dissenting opinions - because there's no real one way to interpret a philosophical or moral statement, just the way that an author intended it to be interpreted, but that in and of itself is bound to said author's views. I remember getting into an argument with a friend because she seems to be an Ellie (from the Last of Us) stan, and by the end of TLoU2 I had nothing but distaste (and pity, I suppose) for her as a character, which said friend asserted was an objectively incorrect way of interpreting the game since it apparently wasn't the intended one, but in my opinion was just a difference of ethics.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

The friend who introduced me to the game would agree with you, from what she said about her feelings on the ending. I suppose I'm just very sensitive to the individual perspective of things. More thoughts I can't really express in a non-spoilery way:

Reveal hidden contents

I suppose that "creating meaning yourself" thing is one of the problems I had - the Nomai came so far, worked so hard, from such terrible circumstances - like one of the escape pods not even being able to leave Dark Bramble, only to be instantaneously wiped out by a freak comet entering the solar system. They built so much; shaped the solar system to their will, really, only to be randomly cut down and never come close to seeing the fruition of their work - the religious symbol-esque Eye of the Universe was only ever discovered by the player, who doesn't even care that much about it. Cool rock that some aliens liked a lot.

So it's not just that it's meaningless, it's the cutting down of aspirations to make life more than meaningless that is so cruel and sad from my perspective. Life (or should we say, some life) goes on, but what about all the carnage and destruction it leaves along the way?

It feels a little weird to click the like button on this post...

(DrBloodmoney 'Likes' your sense of existential dread! ?)

...but I see what you mean. It's heady stuff for a game certainly, and experiencing that is something no one should miss - gamer or not. 

Outer Wilds was one game my wife watched me play all the way through, and our conversation about the meaning of the ending was longer than any of the 22-minute cycles of the game for sure!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It feels a little weird to click the like button on this post...

(DrBloodmoney 'Likes' your sense of existential dread! 1f602.png)

...but I see what you mean. It's heady stuff for a game certainly, and experiencing that is something no one should miss - gamer or not. 

Outer Wilds was one game my wife watched me play all the way through, and our conversation about the meaning of the ending was longer than any of the 22-minute cycles of the game for sure!

Yes, unfortunately I've been dipping my toes into philosophy on PSNP a bit lately, oops!

Outer Wilds is one of those few games I think I could recommend to anyone, gamer or not; I saw someone describe it as the sort of game that gaming was conceived to allow for the creation of, and I could agree with that. I suppose that's another thing, I wish there was more of that universe, because it's such a lovely one; but that would probably corrupt the purity of the game. There's a tendency I see of the first games / movies in series having a very strong sense of self-identity, an idea or metaphor the story is built around, but then the sequels don't really have anything to add; they exist because the initial idea was successful, and tend to just be an almost masturbatory continuation of it.

Side note, I tried to ninja edit a relevant thought I'd meant to include but got distracted away from in that last post, but I think you liked it right before I finished editing it in.

In the last few years, there are so many titles that have tried to delve into deeper meaning stuff than I can remember when I was growing up. There are many games now that detail in mental health issues like Gris or Drowning. Soma gives questions about what is awareness or being alive. Little Nightmares is also pretty dark about what goes behind the scenes of consumerism. It sounds like this title fits right in.

• Like 1

After reading you comments on Cassie's page, I did a look around your profile and there might be a way to get things moving in the right direction and in a short amount of time you may be on your way to the 50% goal you want.  These are just my opinions but you may find them useful. 

1. Clear off all the F ranks. I know they do not count against your profile, but you do have 97 of them. If it a game you know you are playing next by all means but if you know you are going back to it in say over a month clear it off and there will be a slightly better looking balance between games played and completed. 

So myself I have a spreadsheet right now that I just retooled. There are three categories, Story Modes, To Do, and A rank. 

So Story Mode is self explanatory, play the game all the way to completion. If you need to use how long to beat.com to get the average time and put them in order from shortest to longest. Once the story is complete it goes to either the To Do list, or A rank if you get that rank after the story is done. 

To Do list is all the games that do not have a story or it is done and you are trying to get each game to rank A based on the profile

A rank: only play one game from here at a time. These are your grinds that will bog you down if you focus in getting the one or two trophies left in a game. 

• Like 3

Platinum #97: Need for Speed Heat

1L82835a.png

This is the third NFS game I've tried on PS4; the first one, Rivals, I absolutely hated - I do not find being chased by cops while I'm trying to do races fun at all. Then I tried 2015, which initially seemed less chaotic than Rivals, but which didn't quite stick. Finally, a friend recommended Heat, and I saw it on EA Play, so I decided to load it up. It's definitely not a bad game - the racing is solid, the car customization is decent, and it's easy enough to grind to a level where cops are no issue - too easy, in fact, as I spent most of the game grossly overpowered.

The problem is, there really isn't that much game. You have an incredibly short story consisting of maybe 10-20 racing events, plus some bonus stories, like a few off road races - which is honestly really ridiculous, why provide so much customization for off road cars, and then do absolutely nothing with them? They may as well just not have included them at all. That kind of seems to sum up the game in general - a bunch of good core gameplay, and barely anything more. I breezed through all the story missions, and then I had to tackle Heat's absolutely ridiculous amount of collectibles, which took up half of my playtime. Half of my playtime was just driving from point A to point B and getting godawful collectibles that do not provide anything meaningful to the experience, and doing the half-baked activities which were more frustrating than fun - for instance having to achieve 220 MPH on a bridge constantly packed with traffic - basically just asking RNGesus that the traffic is sparser on your next attempt a few dozen times until he has mercy on you.

And it's a shame, because I really enjoyed the morsels of gameplay I got to have up until I was forced into perhaps the shittiest collectathon I've experienced. At least in most open world games you're still, for the most part, playing the game while getting collectibles - like in Mad Max you're fighting off bandits and climbing around and exploring shit. It's fun. Having to drive from point A to point B to point C (and on and on) in a racing game, however, is like if you had to play Assassins Creed as a walking simulator while doing its collectibles. It's just completely contrary to the spirit of a racing game.

Anyway, this was my first ever Need for Speed plat, and possibly my last.

CURRENT BACKLOG:

Spoiler

Currently Playing

Singleplayer

Big Pharma

Civilization 6

Multiplayer

Star Wars Squadrons

Fallout 76

Streets of Rogue

Outward

Doom Eternal

The Mean Greens

Patapon Remastered

Deponia Doomsday

Chaos in Deponia

Scribblenauts Mega Pack

Dragons Crown Pro

Masters of Anima

Night in the Woods

Hyper Light Drifter

Super Time Force Ultra

Void Bastards

Big Pharma

Void Bastards

The Sexy Brutale

Civilization VI

Sayonara Wild Hearts

The Last of Us Part 2

Cat Quest

Do Not Feed The Monkeys

Underhero

Outer Wilds

The Flame and the Flood

Amplitude

Long Journey Home 

Celeste

Jurassic World Evolution

Nex Machina

Medusa and Her Lover

Frostpunk

Moonlighter

Pixel Ripped 1995

A Fisherman's Tale

Ghost Giant

Fury Unleashed

Felix The Reaper

Dragon Quest Builders 2

Ruiner

Neglected Games - 2020

Rad

Far Cry 3

Far Cry Primal

The Count Lucanor

Odin Sphere Leifthraiser

World War Z

Crash N-Sane Trilogy

Team Sonic Racing

Subnautica

Blood & Truth

Flockers

We Happy Few

The Council

Devil May Cry 5

Call of Cthulhu

The Crew 2

Death Stranding

8 Bit Invaders

8 Bit Armies

Superhot VR

Hollow Knight

Alienation

Star Wars Battlefront 1

8-Bit Invaders

Overcooked 2

.Hack G.U. Trilogy

L.A. Noire

Everspace

Metro Exodus

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Days Gone

Mercenary Kings

Slime Rancher

Bow to Blood - PSVR

Falcon Age - PSVR

The Last Guardian

Oxenfree

Shadow Warrior 2

Get Even

Until Dawn

Danganronpa 1 - 2 Reload

Wasteland 2

Super Cloudbuilt

Forgotten Anne

Enter the Gungeon

Nuclear Throne

Sprint Vector - PSVR

Destroy All Humans! 2

Hotline Miami

Along Together - PSVR

Prey

Battlefield 1

Battlefield V

Fat Princess Adventures

Shadow of the Colossus

The Witcher 3

Blood Bowl 2

Doom

Uncharted 1

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

Need for Speed

Need for Speed Rivals

Steep

Citizens of Space

Human Fall Flat

Lego Worlds

Mothergunship

A Hat in Time

The Technomancer

Red Faction

Rogue Legacy

Don't Starve Together

Knack

Darkest Dungeon

Moss - PSVR

Disgaea 5

The Talos Principle

Darksiders 2

Fe

Final Fantasy XV

Dangerous Golf

Dying Light

For The King

Tiny Metal

Megalith - PSVR

Pyre

Shadow Warrior

Valley

Birthdays The Beginnings

PS+

Concrete Genie

Nioh

XCOM 2 

Rime

The Banner Sage 

Amnesia Collection

Grand Kingdom

The Witness

Bound

Invisible Inc 

Cities Skylines

Dead By Daylight

Lords of the Fallen

Worms Battlegrounds

Owlboy

Strike Vector EX

Mafia 3

Sonic Forces

Portal Knights

Killing Floor 2

Darksiders 3

Rocket League

PS Now

Little Nightmares

Slime-San

N.E.R.O.

Darksiders Genesis

8-Bit Armies

Surviving Mars

Shadwen

Wishlist

Cosmic Star Heroine

Trailmakers

Night in the Woods

Dead Cells

Astroneer

Bug Fables

Ghost of Tsushima

Immortal Redneck

No Straight Roads

Paper Beast

Rock of Ages 3

Superliminal

The End is Nigh

The Pathless

They Are Billions

Time Carnage

Tokyo Chronos

Wintermoor Tactics Club

On 3/8/2021 at 9:23 AM, kingofbattle8174 said:

After reading you comments on Cassie's page, I did a look around your profile and there might be a way to get things moving in the right direction and in a short amount of time you may be on your way to the 50% goal you want.  These are just my opinions but you may find them useful. 

I definitely need to go back and finish up the games I've started but never or barely played, especially LA Noire and such - I'm currently in a backlog event that I'll spend the next three months in and I'm mostly working on newer games for it, but I've dug some games out of my history as well. A spreadsheet is a really good idea; that's what I'm kinda trying to achieve with making a proper list of my backlog that I can edit as I work through it, I guess.

On 3/8/2021 at 9:56 AM, kingofbattle8174 said:

In the last few years, there are so many titles that have tried to delve into deeper meaning stuff than I can remember when I was growing up. There are many games now that detail in mental health issues like Gris or Drowning. Soma gives questions about what is awareness or being alive. Little Nightmares is also pretty dark about what goes behind the scenes of consumerism. It sounds like this title fits right in.

I feel that mental health issues have skyrocketed in the past 10 - 20 years because of things like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, TikTok and YouTube itself.

I've dealt with kids of two different generations (Millennials and Generation Z) on social media and one notable difference I sensed between nowadays and back in the day is mental health awareness is much more prevalent. When I was a kid in the 1990s autism was cast off as some quirk, doctors diagnosed me with Asberger's Syndrome. Mental health issues were just shoved under the rug back then, video games still carried a Super Mario/Sonic the Hedgehog like appeal as the primary audience was kids.

Those same kids are now grown ups well in their 30s and 40s who are raising their own kids who have also helped raise awareness on mental health. There was absolutely no help at all when I was a kid. That's one thing I respect the younger generation for, they're far more aware of that stuff than we were.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I feel that mental health issues have skyrocketed in the past 10 - 20 years because of things like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, TikTok and YouTube itself.

Mental health awareness, sure. Mental health issues, not so much. In the past they'd just lobotomize you or throw you in an asylum and throw away the key if you were mentally ill - no need to give it any attention, just keep it out of view so that it doesn't bother the normal folks. A lot of Gen X and older people are very mentally ill but simply refuse to acknowledge it or receive treatment because they view mental illness as something dirty that they couldn't possibly be tainted with - to say nothing of some more predatory christian sects that view mental illness as symptomatic of a sinful mind.

A lot of mental illnesses are possible to suppress in one way or another, either by just living life as a robot or taking your issues out on others and being abusive. It's a similar thing to the prevalence of LGBTQ people in today's youth - it's not that people are drinking gay frog water, it's that the more positive awareness an issue has, the less need there is to pretend you're 'normal' when you're not. 50 years ago, a mentally ill person would be more likely to become an alcoholic wifebeater, or maybe convert to christianity, than actually acknowledge that they had issues that required dealing with.

And if you want to get morbid, vulnerable people tend to die much younger than people who live normal, well off lives, so...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Mental health awareness, sure. Mental health issues, not so much. In the past they'd just lobotomize you or throw you in an asylum and throw away the key if you were mentally ill - no need to give it any attention, just keep it out of view so that it doesn't bother the normal folks. A lot of Gen X and older people are very mentally ill but simply refuse to acknowledge it or receive treatment because they view mental illness as something dirty that they couldn't possibly be tainted with - to say nothing of some more predatory christian sects that view mental illness as symptomatic of a sinful mind.

That was before my time. Asylums were already on their way out several decades ago. Boomers and Gen X didn't acknowledge mental health awareness nor mental health issues because that was seen as taboo, they were expected to just tough it out. In the past some kids with learning disabilities might be called dunces. If there's one thing I'm really grateful for in today's world it is that we are much more accepting and understanding of our differences mentally. I was the kid always looking in, because in addition to my Asbergers I had somewhat of a learning disability so I had to get a mentor for much of my childhood.

18 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

A lot of mental illnesses are possible to suppress in one way or another, either by just living life as a robot or taking your issues out on others and being abusive. It's a similar thing to the prevalence of LGBTQ people in today's youth - it's not that people are drinking gay frog water, it's that the more positive awareness an issue has, the less need there is to pretend you're 'normal' when you're not. 50 years ago, a mentally ill person would be more likely to become an alcoholic wifebeater, or maybe convert to christianity, than actually acknowledge that they had issues that required dealing with.

Transgender people are nothing new. They were around decades ago, but like with gays, there was not much positive awareness. When gay marriage was finally passed I celebrated, because a couple friends of mine are gay.

Well yes that's true, but in the United States mental health funding is an absolute joke. The Amanda Todd suicide, the Asian guy who killed over 30 people at Virginia Tech, both of those events could of been prevented if they had gotten help. But they didn't.

Unfortunately, many mentally ill people just get arrested and thrown in jail, after which their problems become even worse. We much more aware of these issues, but the lack of research due to little to no funding and affordable care to help is very unsettling.

• Like 2

Platinum #98: The Sexy Brutale

1L53c5ab.png

Been going through it, so I decided to play an easy game off my backlog to distract myself. I'd been meaning to play the Sexy Brutale for years, and finally got around to buying it when it was on sale a few months ago. I knew it was a game about solving murder mysteries, but it wasn't much like what I expected - it's essentially a time travel based puzzle game, with some Groundhog Day elements. The game's fairly short, and keeps changing itself up throughout by dropping you into new locations, etc. The story, too, is filled with twists and turns, but unlike a lot of other people I thought the story was actually very well done. It's a sad, tragic tale expressed through beautiful art and fairly intricate puzzles.

Definitely high quality in terms of graphics for an indie game, although it did lag a little bit on PS4; the isometric 3D style is nice, and the characters are expressive and well designed. The puzzles aren't generally too hard, although I did miss a few subtle clues here and there which I needed to find help for. Anyway, highly recommend the game, especially at a discount.

Besides that, been slogging through Ys VIII, missed something on my normal playthrough so I'm going to have to combine my "get everything" run with my nightmare playthrough - whoops. Also on my best run yet in The Long Journey Home, which I'm hoping to be the first person to platinum on this site, although a few potentially glitched trophies may prevent me from doing so. Picked up Ruiner again on hard, which I intend to platinum soon as well. Started playing Darksiders Genesis with a friend, which I'll probably platinum during solo play.

CURRENT BACKLOG:

Spoiler

Currently Playing

Singleplayer

Big Pharma

Civilization 6

Big Pharma

The Long Journey Home

Ruiner

Multiplayer

Star Wars Squadrons

Fallout 76

Streets of Rogue

Outward

Doom Eternal

The Mean Greens

Darksiders Genesis

Patapon Remastered

Deponia Doomsday

Chaos in Deponia

Scribblenauts Mega Pack

Dragons Crown Pro

Masters of Anima

Night in the Woods

Hyper Light Drifter

Super Time Force Ultra

Void Bastards

Civilization VI

Sayonara Wild Hearts

The Last of Us Part 2

Cat Quest

Do Not Feed The Monkeys

Underhero

The Flame and the Flood

Amplitude

Long Journey Home 

Celeste

Jurassic World Evolution

Nex Machina

Medusa and Her Lover

Frostpunk

Moonlighter

Pixel Ripped 1995

A Fisherman's Tale

Ghost Giant

Fury Unleashed

Felix The Reaper

Dragon Quest Builders 2

Neglected Games - 2020

Rad

Far Cry 3

Far Cry Primal

The Count Lucanor

Odin Sphere Leifthraiser

World War Z

Crash N-Sane Trilogy

Team Sonic Racing

Subnautica

Blood & Truth

Flockers

We Happy Few

The Council

Devil May Cry 5

Call of Cthulhu

The Crew 2

Death Stranding

8 Bit Invaders

8 Bit Armies

Superhot VR

Hollow Knight

Alienation

Star Wars Battlefront 1

8-Bit Invaders

Overcooked 2

.Hack G.U. Trilogy

L.A. Noire

Everspace

Metro Exodus

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Days Gone

Mercenary Kings

Slime Rancher

Bow to Blood - PSVR

Falcon Age - PSVR

The Last Guardian

Oxenfree

Shadow Warrior 2

Get Even

Until Dawn

Danganronpa 1 - 2 Reload

Wasteland 2

Super Cloudbuilt

Forgotten Anne

Enter the Gungeon

Nuclear Throne

Sprint Vector - PSVR

Destroy All Humans! 2

Hotline Miami

Along Together - PSVR

Prey

Battlefield 1

Battlefield V

Fat Princess Adventures

Shadow of the Colossus

The Witcher 3

Blood Bowl 2

Doom

Uncharted 1

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

Need for Speed

Need for Speed Rivals

Steep

Citizens of Space

Human Fall Flat

Lego Worlds

Mothergunship

A Hat in Time

The Technomancer

Red Faction

Rogue Legacy

Don't Starve Together

Knack

Darkest Dungeon

Moss - PSVR

Disgaea 5

The Talos Principle

Darksiders 2

Fe

Final Fantasy XV

Dangerous Golf

Dying Light

For The King

Tiny Metal

Megalith - PSVR

Pyre

Shadow Warrior

Valley

Birthdays The Beginnings

PS+

Concrete Genie

Nioh

XCOM 2 

Rime

The Banner Sage 

Amnesia Collection

Grand Kingdom

The Witness

Bound

Invisible Inc 

Cities Skylines

Dead By Daylight

Lords of the Fallen

Worms Battlegrounds

Owlboy

Strike Vector EX

Mafia 3

Sonic Forces

Portal Knights

Killing Floor 2

Darksiders 3

Rocket League

PS Now

Little Nightmares

Slime-San

N.E.R.O.

Darksiders Genesis

8-Bit Armies

Surviving Mars

Shadwen

Wishlist

Cosmic Star Heroine

Trailmakers

Night in the Woods

Dead Cells

Astroneer

Bug Fables

Ghost of Tsushima

Immortal Redneck

No Straight Roads

Paper Beast

Rock of Ages 3

Superliminal

The End is Nigh

The Pathless

They Are Billions

Time Carnage

Tokyo Chronos

Wintermoor Tactics Club

• Like 2

Platinum #99: Ruiner

1Le8d268.png

Finally got to playing this game for real; I actually platinumed it yesterday but was putting off writing about it while working on the 100% (still going, just need to finish up Arena Mode and a low effort speedrun.) Ruiner is a lovely twin stick shooter which essentially amounts to cyberpunk Hotline Miami with special abilities. It's short, chaotic, and has a pretty good soundtrack, in true HM fashion. The gameplay is tight, and the graphics are good. The story is pretty decent too, although nothing groundbreaking; definitely nowhere near the mindfuck of HM2.

It's not really as hard as the difficulty would suggest, especially since you can gimp it by playing an easy run, then New Game +, which is "harder" than hard, but not really since you have all your powers carried over - mind you, I didn't know this, so I instead opted for my first finished playthrough to be on hard mode. Some segments were punishing, but what would a Hotline Miami-esque game be without the "try, try again" difficulty?

The bosses are pretty good too, although on hard a few of them were cheap and annoying to fight. It's worth noting the game is not a "one hit, you die" deal like Hotline Miami - the frantic pace remains since you're very squishy, but you can take a few hits. It's a good game, definitely worth grabbing on sale.

Anyway, after this, probably going to play Ys VIII, I'm like ~2/3 through the story now, although I had a brief halt in progress when I realized I missed some stuff, which was disappointing. What to plat for #100?

Side note, bought Stellaris + the second expansion pass two, now I've got three big strategy games on PS4 awaiting me - definitely a long overdue return to the genre.

CURRENT BACKLOG:

Spoiler

Currently Playing

Singleplayer

Big Pharma

Civilization 6

Stellaris

The Long Journey Home

Multiplayer

Star Wars Squadrons

Fallout 76

Streets of Rogue

Outward

Doom Eternal

The Mean Greens

Darksiders Genesis

Patapon Remastered

Deponia Doomsday

Chaos in Deponia

Scribblenauts Mega Pack

Dragons Crown Pro

Masters of Anima

Night in the Woods

Hyper Light Drifter

Super Time Force Ultra

Void Bastards

Civilization VI

Sayonara Wild Hearts

The Last of Us Part 2

Cat Quest

Do Not Feed The Monkeys

Underhero

The Flame and the Flood

Amplitude

Long Journey Home 

Celeste

Jurassic World Evolution

Nex Machina

Medusa and Her Lover

Frostpunk

Moonlighter

Pixel Ripped 1995

A Fisherman's Tale

Ghost Giant

Fury Unleashed

Felix The Reaper

Dragon Quest Builders 2

Neglected Games - 2020

Rad

Far Cry 3

Far Cry Primal

The Count Lucanor

Odin Sphere Leifthraiser

World War Z

Crash N-Sane Trilogy

Team Sonic Racing

Subnautica

Blood & Truth

Flockers

We Happy Few

The Council

Devil May Cry 5

Call of Cthulhu

The Crew 2

Death Stranding

8 Bit Invaders

8 Bit Armies

Superhot VR

Hollow Knight

Alienation

Star Wars Battlefront 1

8-Bit Invaders

Overcooked 2

.Hack G.U. Trilogy

L.A. Noire

Everspace

Metro Exodus

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Days Gone

Mercenary Kings

Slime Rancher

Bow to Blood - PSVR

Falcon Age - PSVR

The Last Guardian

Oxenfree

Shadow Warrior 2

Get Even

Until Dawn

Danganronpa 1 - 2 Reload

Wasteland 2

Super Cloudbuilt

Forgotten Anne

Enter the Gungeon

Nuclear Throne

Sprint Vector - PSVR

Destroy All Humans! 2

Hotline Miami

Along Together - PSVR

Prey

Battlefield 1

Battlefield V

Fat Princess Adventures

Shadow of the Colossus

The Witcher 3

Blood Bowl 2

Doom

Uncharted 1

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

Need for Speed

Need for Speed Rivals

Steep

Citizens of Space

Human Fall Flat

Lego Worlds

Mothergunship

A Hat in Time

The Technomancer

Red Faction

Rogue Legacy

Don't Starve Together

Knack

Darkest Dungeon

Moss - PSVR

Disgaea 5

The Talos Principle

Darksiders 2

Fe

Final Fantasy XV

Dangerous Golf

Dying Light

For The King

Tiny Metal

Megalith - PSVR

Pyre

Shadow Warrior

Valley

Birthdays The Beginnings

PS+

Concrete Genie

Nioh

XCOM 2 

Rime

The Banner Sage 

Amnesia Collection

Grand Kingdom

The Witness

Bound

Invisible Inc 

Cities Skylines

Dead By Daylight

Lords of the Fallen

Worms Battlegrounds

Owlboy

Strike Vector EX

Mafia 3

Sonic Forces

Portal Knights

Killing Floor 2

Darksiders 3

Rocket League

PS Now

Little Nightmares

Slime-San

N.E.R.O.

Darksiders Genesis

8-Bit Armies

Surviving Mars

Shadwen

Wishlist

Cosmic Star Heroine

Trailmakers

Night in the Woods

Dead Cells

Astroneer

Bug Fables

Ghost of Tsushima

Immortal Redneck

No Straight Roads

Paper Beast

Rock of Ages 3

Superliminal

The End is Nigh

The Pathless

They Are Billions

Time Carnage

Tokyo Chronos

Wintermoor Tactics Club

• Like 2

Platinum #100: Parappa The Rapper Remastered

1L32e93e.png

Was considering getting an actual long game for my 100th platinum... but then I ended up fixating on this game. Got it on sale for 7.50, can't say I wasted the money - it was nice to get to play this piece of Playstation history that I've seen referenced quite a bit. The characters and cutscenes were funny and the gameplay was pretty fun, save for the terrible stage 4, which is broken beyond belief - turning off sound really shouldn't make you do better in a rhythm game.

I enjoyed my time with this game, although it was pretty short; I might pick up Parappa 2 in the future even though it doesn't have a platinum. I wonder if Sony will ever pick this franchise back up? It would be nice to have more of this... funky rhythm series available; one of the many franchises Sony seems to have left in the dust.

Besides that, been playing The Long Journey Home, finished my first few journeys in it! We'll see if the trophies bug out for me as they have for other people who've attempted the platinum. Also almost have We Were Here Too platinumed with a friend; will probably platinum it and We Were Here Together in the next few days with my co-op partner. Said person also convinced me to start playing Remnant: From the Ashes with them; who knows if I'll ever plat that. Also working through Masters of Anima, a fun little indie game that I got on the cheap. Picked up a few more games on sale to add to my neverending backlog; Party Hard 2 Collector's Edition, Life is Strange 2, and the Sinking City. Also pre-ordered the Mass Effect remaster. I know, I know; pre-ordering an EA game? Very unbecoming of me. Unfortunately, I am squarely in "Bioware's bitch" territory. At least I saved 6$ with my 1$ EA Play subscription, which I find amusing.

CURRENT BACKLOG:

Spoiler

Currently Playing

Singleplayer

Big Pharma

Civilization 6

Stellaris

The Long Journey Home

Masters of Anima

Multiplayer

Star Wars Squadrons

Fallout 76

Streets of Rogue

Outward

Doom Eternal

The Mean Greens

Darksiders Genesis

Remnant: From the Ashes

Patapon Remastered

Deponia Doomsday

Chaos in Deponia

Scribblenauts Mega Pack

Dragons Crown Pro

Masters of Anima

Night in the Woods

Hyper Light Drifter

Super Time Force Ultra

Party Hard 2

Life Is Strange 2

Void Bastards

Civilization VI

Sayonara Wild Hearts

The Last of Us Part 2

Cat Quest

Do Not Feed The Monkeys

Underhero

The Flame and the Flood

Amplitude

Long Journey Home 

Celeste

Jurassic World Evolution

Nex Machina

Medusa and Her Lover

Frostpunk

Moonlighter

Pixel Ripped 1995

A Fisherman's Tale

Ghost Giant

Fury Unleashed

Felix The Reaper

Dragon Quest Builders 2

Neglected Games - 2020

Rad

Far Cry 3

Far Cry Primal

The Count Lucanor

Odin Sphere Leifthraiser

World War Z

Crash N-Sane Trilogy

Team Sonic Racing

Subnautica

Blood & Truth

Flockers

We Happy Few

The Council

Devil May Cry 5

Call of Cthulhu

The Crew 2

Death Stranding

8 Bit Invaders

8 Bit Armies

Superhot VR

Hollow Knight

Alienation

Star Wars Battlefront 1

8-Bit Invaders

Overcooked 2

.Hack G.U. Trilogy

L.A. Noire

Everspace

Metro Exodus

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Days Gone

Mercenary Kings

Slime Rancher

Bow to Blood - PSVR

Falcon Age - PSVR

The Last Guardian

Oxenfree

Shadow Warrior 2

Get Even

Until Dawn

Danganronpa 1 - 2 Reload

Wasteland 2

Super Cloudbuilt

Forgotten Anne

Enter the Gungeon

Nuclear Throne

Sprint Vector - PSVR

Destroy All Humans! 2

Hotline Miami

Along Together - PSVR

Prey

Battlefield 1

Battlefield V

Fat Princess Adventures

Shadow of the Colossus

The Witcher 3

Blood Bowl 2

Doom

Uncharted 1

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

Need for Speed

Need for Speed Rivals

Steep

Citizens of Space

Human Fall Flat

Lego Worlds

Mothergunship

A Hat in Time

The Technomancer

Red Faction

Rogue Legacy

Don't Starve Together

Knack

Darkest Dungeon

Moss - PSVR

Disgaea 5

The Talos Principle

Darksiders 2

Fe

Final Fantasy XV

Dangerous Golf

Dying Light

For The King

Tiny Metal

Megalith - PSVR

Pyre

Shadow Warrior

Valley

Birthdays The Beginnings

PS+

Concrete Genie

Nioh

XCOM 2 

Rime

The Banner Sage 

Amnesia Collection

Grand Kingdom

The Witness

Bound

Invisible Inc 

Cities Skylines

Dead By Daylight

Lords of the Fallen

Worms Battlegrounds

Owlboy

Strike Vector EX

Mafia 3

Sonic Forces

Portal Knights

Killing Floor 2

Darksiders 3

Rocket League

Horizon Chase Turbo

PS Now

Little Nightmares

Slime-San

N.E.R.O.

Darksiders Genesis

8-Bit Armies

Surviving Mars

Shadwen

Wishlist

Cosmic Star Heroine

Trailmakers

Night in the Woods

Dead Cells

Astroneer

Bug Fables

Ghost of Tsushima

Immortal Redneck

No Straight Roads

Paper Beast

Rock of Ages 3

Superliminal

The End is Nigh

The Pathless

They Are Billions

Time Carnage

Tokyo Chronos

Wintermoor Tactics Club

• Like 2

Been slacking with my updates since I've been obsessed with The Long Journey Home - lovely game, that, although some of the trophies are bugged and as such I may not be able to get the platinum - but it won't be for lack of trying. The Long Journey Home, so far, has been one of those games which you can tell didn't have the highest budget, but it's filled with love - nerdy references, interesting ideas, and character. Also, I'm biased towards it because they've made a few Star trek references. That's basically a personal cheat code - quote Deep Space 9 to me and my opinion of you instantly skyrockets.

Besides that, working on Masters of Anima, and finished the second and third We Were Here games with my co-op partner - I'm sure she'll want me to get Forever as soon as it releases as well. Finished Darksiders Genesis with her, but she's tired of the game and as such I'm left to do the platinum work myself. Also bought Cars 3 because I'm desperate for more racing games, Outcast: Second Contact, and Generation Zero to play with the aforementioned co-op partner. I also resubscribed to PS Now, so expect some of its games popping up on my feed, most immediately Monster Jam: Steel Titans, which hopefully is at least a passable arcade racer. If not, our last resort is violence.

So far 2021 has been a good platinum hunting year for me - I'm on track to overtake my 2020 platinum count in maybe two months, max. We are walking a dangerous line with all these EZPZs, but I have a few harder games in there like Ruiner and Worms Rumble to balance it out.

Platinum #101: We Were Here Too

1L553b36.png

Fun game, and worthy successor to We Were Here, although the price tag is pretty steep for the... ~5 hours (including two playthroughs) of content included. We Were Here Too is prettier than the first game, and continues the "one player in a hint room, other player navigating puzzles" style. Unfortunately, just like the first game, the Walkie Talkies, one of the primary selling points of the game, did not work for me or my co-op buddy. Fix your voice chat, fools!

This game relies a lot more on descriptive puzzles than the first one, it seems - e.g. a lot of it is just "yeah, so you want the [x] with the [y], but not the [z]", rather than intricate puzzles that take a lot of thinking on both ends. There were a few exceptions, but that seemed to be the main draw of the puzzles.

Great co-op game though, highly recommend, but not as much as...

Platinum #102: We Were Here Together

1L515220.png

Definitely my favorite of the We Were Here series. The game is a good bit longer, has a major graphical upgrade, and is back to actual interesting puzzles as opposed to simply trying to figure out what imaginary animal is painted on a knight's shield (as fun as that two player telephone game can be.) There's also puzzles where you interact with eachother, which is a refreshing change. Some of the puzzles were much harder to figure out than in the past two as well, which is a plus or a minus depending on how good you are at puzzle games, and how good you are at communicating.

One thing I do not like about this game is how cheesy it is; the developers put a noble effort into including an actual story, cutscenes and all, however the writing is so cliche that it makes me yearn for the vague mystery of the first game, and to a lesser extent the second game. That being said, it's certainly not a terrible story, and it gives you a sense of something going on in the background.

It took me and my co-op partner about ~8 hours or so to finish this game; unlike the first two it was not something we could do in one sitting. If you buy one We Were Here game, buy this one, because it's the strongest of the series.

CURRENT BACKLOG:

Spoiler

Currently Playing

Singleplayer

Big Pharma

Civilization 6

Stellaris

The Long Journey Home

Masters of Anima

Multiplayer

Star Wars Squadrons

Fallout 76

Streets of Rogue

Outward

Doom Eternal

The Mean Greens

Darksiders Genesis

Patapon Remastered

Deponia Doomsday

Chaos in Deponia

Scribblenauts Mega Pack

Dragons Crown Pro

Masters of Anima

Night in the Woods

Hyper Light Drifter

Super Time Force Ultra

Party Hard 2

Life Is Strange 2

Generation Zero

Cars 3: Driven to Win

Outcast: Second Contact

Void Bastards

Civilization VI

Sayonara Wild Hearts

The Last of Us Part 2

Cat Quest

Do Not Feed The Monkeys

Underhero

The Flame and the Flood

Amplitude

Long Journey Home 

Celeste

Jurassic World Evolution

Nex Machina

Medusa and Her Lover

Frostpunk

Moonlighter

Pixel Ripped 1995

A Fisherman's Tale

Ghost Giant

Fury Unleashed

Felix The Reaper

Dragon Quest Builders 2

Neglected Games - 2020

Rad

Far Cry 3

Far Cry Primal

The Count Lucanor

Odin Sphere Leifthraiser

World War Z

Crash N-Sane Trilogy

Team Sonic Racing

Subnautica

Blood & Truth

Flockers

We Happy Few

The Council

Devil May Cry 5

Call of Cthulhu

The Crew 2

Death Stranding

8 Bit Invaders

8 Bit Armies

Superhot VR

Hollow Knight

Alienation

Star Wars Battlefront 1

8-Bit Invaders

Overcooked 2

.Hack G.U. Trilogy

L.A. Noire

Everspace

Metro Exodus

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Days Gone

Mercenary Kings

Slime Rancher

Bow to Blood - PSVR

Falcon Age - PSVR

The Last Guardian

Oxenfree

Shadow Warrior 2

Get Even

Until Dawn

Danganronpa 1 - 2 Reload

Wasteland 2

Super Cloudbuilt

Forgotten Anne

Enter the Gungeon

Nuclear Throne

Sprint Vector - PSVR

Destroy All Humans! 2

Hotline Miami

Along Together - PSVR

Prey

Battlefield 1

Battlefield V

Fat Princess Adventures

Shadow of the Colossus

The Witcher 3

Blood Bowl 2

Doom

Uncharted 1

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

Need for Speed

Need for Speed Rivals

Steep

Citizens of Space

Human Fall Flat

Lego Worlds

Mothergunship

A Hat in Time

The Technomancer

Red Faction

Rogue Legacy

Don't Starve Together

Knack

Darkest Dungeon

Moss - PSVR

Disgaea 5

The Talos Principle

Darksiders 2

Fe

Final Fantasy XV

Dangerous Golf

Dying Light

For The King

Tiny Metal

Megalith - PSVR

Pyre

Shadow Warrior

Valley

Birthdays The Beginnings

PS+

Concrete Genie

Nioh

XCOM 2 

Rime

The Banner Sage 

Amnesia Collection

Grand Kingdom

The Witness

Bound

Invisible Inc 

Cities Skylines

Dead By Daylight

Lords of the Fallen

Worms Battlegrounds

Owlboy

Strike Vector EX

Mafia 3

Sonic Forces

Portal Knights

Killing Floor 2

Darksiders 3

Rocket League

Horizon Chase Turbo

PS Now

Little Nightmares

Slime-San

N.E.R.O.

Darksiders Genesis

8-Bit Armies

Surviving Mars

Shadwen

Wishlist

Cosmic Star Heroine

Trailmakers

Night in the Woods

Dead Cells

Astroneer

Bug Fables

Ghost of Tsushima

Immortal Redneck

No Straight Roads

Paper Beast

Rock of Ages 3

Superliminal

The End is Nigh

The Pathless

They Are Billions

Time Carnage

Tokyo Chronos

Wintermoor Tactics Club

Late update, but here we go!

Platinum #103: Masters of Anima

1L986dc7.png

Got this game on sale a few months back for a few dollars; it's a pretty solid RTS / RPG hybrid where you command groups of golems, each with distinct abilities. People keep comparing it to Pikmin, but I haven't played it, so I can hardly judge the comparison. The controls can be frustrating sometimes, but it's overall a pretty fun game, and a straightforward platinum - you may need to replay the levels a few times for all the collectibles and to hit level 30, but it isn't all that hard. The visuals are nice, and it has enough enemy variety, although enemies are far and few between and you spend most of the time not in combat, and when you do enter combat, the fights are fairly long. The story... serves its purpose, although it's not the most inspired. Overall a fun game, and worth what I paid for it; hopefully we see more of the sort from the dev in the future.

Besides that, been playing The Long Journey Home - at 80% now; one of the trophies that glitches for people popped for me, making me the fourth achiever; the only issue now is getting the other glitched trophy and finishing rogue mode. I have no idea how the game tracks stats, so the former may be a challenge; I've met every major and minor alien species, most multiple times, so I'm unsure what it will take to get the trophy to pop besides maybe a few more completed runs.

Also started Do Not Feed The Monkeys, fun little "people watching" simulator, so to speak.

CURRENT BACKLOG:

Spoiler

Currently Playing

Singleplayer

Big Pharma

Civilization 6

Stellaris

The Long Journey Home

Do Not Feed The Monkeys

Multiplayer

Star Wars Squadrons

Fallout 76

Streets of Rogue

Outward

Doom Eternal

The Mean Greens

Darksiders Genesis

The Forest

Patapon Remastered

Deponia Doomsday

Chaos in Deponia

Scribblenauts Mega Pack

Dragons Crown Pro

Masters of Anima

Night in the Woods

Hyper Light Drifter

Super Time Force Ultra

Party Hard 2

Life Is Strange 2

Generation Zero

Cars 3: Driven to Win

Outcast: Second Contact

Void Bastards

Civilization VI