Has anyone got miniature crown?

skroq

8 minutes ago, swweet said:

There being only gold mini crowns might explain the disparity in the trophies... probably also tells us the actual rarity of gold large crowns, too. This plat is going to be a pain in the ass.

That’s an astute observation and probably correct, but why make the first trophy pop for silver crowns but not for the other trophies? Especially without specifying in the description 

Just now, davidstubbs said:

That’s an astute observation and probably correct, but why make the first trophy pop for silver crowns but not for the other trophies? Especially without specifying in the description 

Do we have the japanese trophy list? Might be a mistranslation...

44 minutes ago, Zmx969 said:

Quick question, can i get a crown by capturing the monster or do i need to kill it ?

It doesn't matter if you cap or kill it. Both work.

10 minutes ago, davidstubbs said:

The interesting thing is that these trophies have always been in game achievements in the entirety of the franchise, and it only ever required Silver Large Crowns. So either it's a glitch or they changed them up for World.

On 02/01/18 at 9:23 AM, elecmouse101 said:

It doesn't matter if you cap or kill it. Both work.

The interesting thing is that these trophies have always been in game achievements in the entirety of the franchise, and it only ever required Silver Large Crowns. So either it's a glitch or they changed them up for World.

That's not true. I had to hunt all monsters in gold crown size in 3U to get my last guild card medal. It had more monsters than MHW and it took me around 900 hours for all gold mini and gold large crowns. I had to kill each monster around 100 times, so if the chances in MHW are similar, expect these numbers. 

Anyone already tried out if crown locking works in this game (like in past games)?

Edited by Narutofreak1412

3 hours ago, Narutofreak1412 said:

That's not true. I had to hunt all monsters in gold crown size in 3U to get my last guild card medal. It had more monsters than MHW and it took me around 900 hours for all gold mini and gold large crowns. I had to kill each monster around 100 times, so if the chances in MHW are similar, expect these numbers. 

Anyone already tried out if crown locking works in this game (like in past games)?

I recall some members where going to test this over on gamefaq but there were never any results posted so I assume it failed or I missed the posts.

3 hours ago, Narutofreak1412 said:

What is crown locking?

I just got my first mini crown after 98 hours of gameplay. I decided to try doing nothing but high rank investigations with the blue explanation point for special restrictions like faint once or you have 15 minutes. The 3rd one i did i finally netted a mini crown.  

26 minutes ago, killerJAZZ420 said:

What is crown locking?

In past series it was a way forcing the game to give you a crown on your next quest, However it did involve you finding a crowned monster first.

18 minutes ago, cjl73185 said:

I just got my first mini crown after 98 hours of gameplay. I decided to try doing nothing but high rank investigations with the blue explanation point for special restrictions like faint once or you have 15 minutes. The 3rd one i did i finally netted a mini crown.  

I went with this thought process early on, got two crowns very quickly and thought I found a good thing... It's a trap... a big trap don't fall for it :D

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fisty123 said:

In past series it was a way forcing the game to give you a crown on your next quest, However it did involve you finding a crowned monster first.

I went with this thought process early on, got two crowns very quickly and thought I found a good thing... It's a trap... a big trap don't fall for it :D

That makes me sad 

• Like 1

Nergigante (King Smallest) 1626.35 (Queen Biggest) 2254.71
Rathalos (Queen Biggest) 2028.02
Odogaron (Queen Biggest) 1694.28
Legiana (Queen Biggest) 2056.70
Radobaan (Queen Biggest) 2001.85
Great Girros (Queen Biggest) 1211.12
Tzitzi-Ya-Ku (Queen Biggest) 1063.91
Rathian (Queen Biggest) 2017.53
Jyuratodus (Queen Biggest) 1840.63

Pukei-Puekei (Smallest) 961.18

This is just some general information I found online from other websites people saying what size they got their crowns

20 minutes ago, Cut_throat_balla said:

Nergigante (King Smallest) 1626.35 (Queen Biggest) 2254.71
Rathalos (Queen Biggest) 2028.02
Odogaron (Queen Biggest) 1694.28
Legiana (Queen Biggest) 2056.70
Radobaan (Queen Biggest) 2001.85
Great Girros (Queen Biggest) 1211.12
Tzitzi-Ya-Ku (Queen Biggest) 1063.91
Rathian (Queen Biggest) 2017.53
Jyuratodus (Queen Biggest) 1840.63

Pukei-Puekei (Smallest) 961.18

This is just some general information I found online from other websites people saying what size they got their crowns

Here's my personal:

Jagras (Mini and King) 987.60-1375.98

Kula (King) 1126.55

Pukei (Mini) 992.21

Barroth (Mini) 1217.10

Tobi (King) 1560.62

Tzizi (Mini) 786.76

Paolumu (Mini) 1017.59

Radobaan (King) 2200.23

Diablos (Mini) 1886.63

B. Diablos (Mini) 1844.70

Teostra (Mini) 1575.33

-And a load of silvers almost 1 for every monster, but since we are focusing on Gold, maybe other players can use these sizes to eyeball monster sizes when they are hunting.

-For example Teostras Mini will be smaller than any Diablos you see, but will also be as big as the biggest Tobi you will see (etc...)

• Like 1

My small gold Pukei-Puekei was a tad bigger then the one listed above (992.21) but you could tell right away that is was small. Everyone seen it in the SOS quest and went after it when it was not even part of the request.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

My small gold Pukei-Puekei was a tad bigger then the one listed above (992.21) but you could tell right away that is was small. Everyone seen it in the SOS quest and went after it when it was not even part of the request.

I have a theory that you may find a higher chance of getting some crowns hunting monsters that aren't part of the quest. I've hunted 74 Kula''s mostly doing single hunts for it and haven't seen one that could even be close to Mini. Likewise when I was hunting my Jagras I got up to 53 single hunts gave up- did a Pukei hunt and killed the Jagras on the map on a whim and it was Mini.

Just now, nazareth357 said:

I have a theory that you may find a higher chance of getting some crowns hunting monsters that aren't part of the quest. I've hunted 74 Kula''s mostly doing single hunts for it and haven't seen one that could even be close to Mini. Likewise when I was hunting my Jagras I got up to 53 single hunts gave up- did a Pukei hunt and killed the Jagras on the map on a whim and it was Mini.

The ones that I got were always in arena. I bet if you just keep starting arena and backing out until you see a small one that would be a way to farm too.

• Like 1

Just now, Cut_throat_balla said:

The ones that I got were always in arena. I bet if you just keep starting arena and backing out until you see a small one that would be a way to farm too.

Hmm you could be right I hadn't tried that. It's the first time I've seen anyone say they've gotten a Gold crown outside HR investigations tbh.