The PSNP King of Iron Fist Tournament [4 more players needed!]

spacer.pngL58925c.png

40-platinum.pngWelcome to the PSNP King of Iron Fist Tournament!40-platinum.png

Do you have what it takes to be the King of Iron First? Find out how!

The Tournament

• This contest is a Tekken 7 tournament made for PSNP members. Anyone can participate and try to make a name for themselves between Tekken fans.
  • Since this is the first tournament, the rules are going to be simple and the number of members is going to be low. The numbers of participants might increase if many people show their interest, but I would personally prefer to keep it simple and short this time, just to see how it goes. Of course, if this tournament turns out to be a success, might as well organise more of them.

Participants

• The only requirement is to have Tekken 7, whether you have the Platinum or not, it doesn't matter. Just be sure that you have an OK connection for online matches.
  • For starters, we will start by having 10 participants max in this tournament. Always can be increased if many people want to participate.
  • To sign up, just reply to the thread. FIrst come, first serve.
  • Before the tournament starts, you can still give up so someone else can take your place

Rules

Matches

• The tournament is not going to happen through Online Tournament Mode since the server sometimes is glitchy and people get to win matches without even fighting. Plus, many participants might be from different timezones.
  • For that, all matches are going to be made through private matches.
  • To win a match here in the tournament, just win a default 3-round match against other participants.
  • If you stop showing up during the tournament  (e.g A participant is waiting for you to show up for a match and you don't show up or say anything for a week) you lose the match by default.

Group Phase

• Two groups will be randomly formed: Group A and  Group B. Each Group will have 5 participants. You can go to the semi-finals if you manage to be in the first two places of the group ranking at the end of the phase. If you manage to qualify for the semi-finals, you need to win twice in a row to win the finals and become the first PSNP King of Iron Fist.
    • During the group phase, you will have to face the other 4 participants. Each victory nets your 2 points, a Double K.O/Draw 1 point and losing a match 0 points.
    • You can face the other group's participants in no particular order through Free Private Online match. We can establish a date where we expect everyone to show their results.
    • The Top 2 in each group can go to the semi-finals.
    • In case of a draw for the second place in the group, both participants involved must face each other again until one beats the other.

Finals

• For the semi-finals, the first place of Group A faces the second place of Group B and the second place of Group A faces the first place of Group B. From the semi-finals comes two winners and then both survivors fight for the title of King of Iron First.

Character Restriction

• For every match you will have to use a different character. That means that during the tournament, you can only use a character once. This is to prevent spammers to come in and constantly spam the whole tournament with the same characters. Which means that during the phase group you will have used 4 different characters + 2 different character in the finals.

Results

• You can take screenshots, videos or whatever you feel like to show that you have won/lost against another participant. You might as well just admit your defeat/victory. I'm assuming that everybody will respect the rules of the tournament and don't start discussing who really won and stuff like that. It's a tournament, it's natural that only one will stand last. Also, don't forget to say/show which character you have used.

Prize

• The Title of PSNP King of Iron Fist (and the right to defend your title in the next tournament)

Current Tournament Status

Group A

N/A

Group B

N/A

Semi-Finals

N/A

Finals

N/A

As people sign up, we will get things ready. Use this thread to discuss your availability to do the online matches. Do not worry as it is not necessary to have the 10 players online at the same time. This tournament can last days or even some few weeks. 

Any questions, any suggestions, feel free.

Thanks for reading this! And good luck!

Edited by Caju_94
  • Like 4

Sure. I'll join. Just as an aside, this tournament has a maximum of six matches if you make it to the end. 4 in the group phase, one semi-final, and one final. With the character restriction rule, you are wanting it where each participant has to use six different characters. While I find this to be interesting, many will probably be deterred from that alone.

Edited by Tearraven
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tearraven said:

Sure. I'll join. Just as an aside, this tournament has a maximum of six matches if you make it to the end. 4 in the group phase, one semi-final, and one final. With the character restriction rule, you are wanting it where each participant has to use six different characters. While I find this to be interesting, many will probably be deterred from that alone.

Thanks for your feedback!

I understand what you are saying, but I'm doing to prevent spammers to come up. But I can always change that rule.

For those who pretend to sign up, you can always propose changing this rule.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have the problem of only be able to play at Saturday, but I think that I will join.

Just hope there's not a lot of lag when playing vs people outside Europe..

I have the problem of only be able to play at Saturday, but I think that I will join.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Something awfully funny about posting the same thing back to back and talking about lag in the same post. :awesome:

Glad to see others joining.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StoRmAreA said:

only 4 people in this forum are playing the game? 1f605.png

I believe that it's more along the lines that only four people play the game enough to feel comfortable in a somewhat competitive environment. That being said, I'd really enjoy having more people participate in this event.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tearraven said:

I believe that it's more along the lines that only four people play the game enough to feel comfortable in a somewhat competitive environment. That being said, I'd really enjoy having more people participate in this event.

Yeah that's the problem for me. I haven't played enough Tekken 7 to consider myself anything close to average. If it was a SFV or even Injustice 2 tournament that would be another story.

• Like 1

Just now, ObliviousSenpai said:

Yeah that's the problem for me. I haven't played enough Tekken 7 to consider myself anything close to average. If it was a SFV or even Injustice 2 tournament that would be another story.

I would like to see this as something of just a starting point and nothing too serious for anyone. Just people who enjoy the game having fun in a casual environment. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tearraven said:

I would like to see this as something of just a starting point and nothing too serious for anyone. Just people who enjoy the game having fun in a casual environment. 

Yes, the idea is to be something more casual and friendly between PSNProfiles users. I understand @ObliviousSenpai's point, but I also don't consider myself a pro of Tekken. I know the basics and know which characters suit me better, but the idea is not to make this a tournament for hardcore Tekken players. Most of the times I played online, I lost. Sometimes, due to spammers, others I lost, but I know I gave a good fight when I lose most of the time 3-2.

The main goal is obviously to have fun, whether you win or lose.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, nobody else is coming.

So guys, do you want to organize our little casual tournament through here or do you prefer to create a proper session?

I could suggest a tournament between us 4 or even a "Team" 2 vs 2 Challenge and we could create our own rules.

What do you say?

Edited by Caju_94

• 4 months later...