Warning for new players

Gr4de_04

This game crashes and freaks out a lot for some people, and im included. Below i will share my experience with the game and give some tips that might reduce these bugs/glitches for your personal experience.

My experience:

Currently, I just started episode 4. The game itself is quite fun, although due too pre-knowledge of the characters some aspects are less interesting cuz i already knew how some characters were gonna turn out. But then the errors happened, which made the game almost annoying to play. For reference, I'm using a standard ps4 model, not the pro. Episode 1 played out flawlessly, no problems with framerate drops, lag, glitches or crashes. in episode 2 my game crashed completely random while i was exploring an area, i wanst even interacting with something. then later on in the episode during a certain conversation, Bruce was 90 degrees turned where he shouldn't, making an otherwise interesting conversation feel stupid and ridiculous. but near the end of episode 2 i started to notice lag in the fight sequences, each time the camera had to shift between shots the game just froze for half a second, taking away a lot of the fast-paced action. Then when I wanted to start episode 3, the real drama began, the game asked me to download it even though i had already done so, when i pressed download it took me to the ps store but it already said i had it installed and the game wouldn't recognize it. I deleted and reinstalled episodes and the game a bunch of times and this is what i found that helped.

What you can do to smoothen your game experience:
When starting this game, only install 1 episode at a time, and install them in order. for me this seemed to take out almost all glitchesand all the crashes. Lag, although present, was reduced greatly. so i advise anyone to do this for a smoother, more intense story that doesn't throw you off every few minutes due to errors.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingGuy420 said:

For a lot of Telltale games, not signing into a Telltale account can help with a lot of issues. Playing not signed into psn can help a little too.

I dont feel the need for a telltale account. regarding psn, u sure its not just a matter of being connected? i had some troublesome games in the past that worked flawlessly if i just turned the internet off.

Have a pro and had 3 issues:

1) The very first appearance Batman makes the game goes crazy as the scenes , repeat or stutter and the audio doubles as well! Way to make this a good first impression

2) I exited the frame and went back and the game froze in the same place

3) when Bruce meets Gordon, I had Bruce's head spaz out and do a 180° xD

• Like 1

I did not have many problems with the game. My only two issues:

Episode 1 would not let me exit the credits. I had to close the game and restart. 

Episode 3 (I think, could have been 2) insisted that I was not connected to the server so it could not compare my choices to the averages. 

In case my playstyle contributed to the lack of crashing:

- I did not log into the Telltale server ever. I don't even have an account with them. 

- I don't have much time to play these days, so I never played more than two episodes in a row, and I closed the game and put my PS4 into standby when I was done. 

I think sometimes the game just eats up memory and needs to be shut down to run smoothly. 

Bruce's weird neck trick is a bug in the programming though. Only way to get him to not do it is to pick choices that don't lead to that particular scene. 

• Like 1

This just tells me TellTale Games has no idea how to program their game properly to run without crashing and having numerous bugs. They have a track record of doing this and I hear the PS3 version of Batman is pretty bad at running on that console.

They had their time in the sun with The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us. Sounds like their more recent games are becoming more and more stupid.

• Like 2

I played Tales from the Borderlands before this and i had zero issues. so not every TTG sucks i guess. noce story btw if ur looking for something to play. it was on ps plus earlier in 2017. i had no previous knowledge of the borderlands series and still enjoyed it.

Now I did this on PS3 and I only ever had one issue which was it kept loading and would never stop, just had exit and enter again to fix it.

Only other one I had issues with was game of thrones (PS3) had one scene freeze and then had sound disappear and the. Reappear, only happened in the last couple chapters in last episode.

as on PS4 no issues and on vita only issues have been slow loading 

Really wish telltale would make there games more stable 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm in the middle of the third episode with standard PS4. I downloaded all the episodes at once (PS Plus offer), and so far I haven't detected any crash or visual error. Probably a little framerate weird behaviour from time to time, but not much detectable. So far so good. :)

• 1 year later...

I had another problem and it took me hours to find a solution. Thought I share it here.

I installed this game years ago, and started playing it yesterday. In the middle of Episode 3 I quit the game.
Today, when starting the game, I get the title screen, press X to load the menu, which never comes. Only a black screen with the bat symbol flashing in the right corner

I deleted the savefile ,same.
I deleted the game and reinstalled it (with and without savefile), same.
I tried that on a different PS4 (not Pro this time) -> same.
I even subscribed for PS Now for 1 month and streamed the game there -> same story.
Then I switched to an alternate account (US in my case) and downloaded only Episode 1 -> same.

The only solution that worked for me was having both the US and the EU game installed, delate all savefiles again,
disconnect from the internet and start the EU game. (the US game won't show the episodes)
I have no savestate this way, but at least I can start each episode and get their trophies.

Now that's what I call a buggy game. 

• Like 2

I ran into the same issue at Tigra (thanks for the above by the way) and could barely find anything helpful online.

I actually didn't need the EU version. Simply deleted the entire application + save file and then reinstalled the game. Then made sure I was offline before starting the game. (Network->uncheck Connect to Internet option). It's not ideal since you'll have to restart chapters and basically want to do them in one sitting but hey at least it works.

• Like 1