Isn't it funny how no one gives a...

CristianX-97

Shit about getting a platinum trophy for older games, until of course the developers decide to announce server shut down? Just to not be hypocritical, I too am guilty of this. I waited like an idiot and kept postponing Killzone 2 and 3, (2 more specifically), and what do you know, I still ended up playing the game. Only difference now is that every moron is going for the trophies. And after a hell of a week of grinding over 60 hours of boosting, I got the VGC trophy everybody so desperately wants, yet everybody kept postponing literally to the last freaken moments of the games life. Not how shit works my friends. Hopefully I learn from this and play those old games before they shut down. 

• Like 1

If you want a platinum you have to get it right away espacially if there is an online trophy.Let's just name a few

Black Ops 2 -Stupid League feature shutdown,now 0,88 plat

Lost Planet 2 -Near impossible now you have to be #1 in the world for one level,imagine if you got this on day 1.Now 0,13 plat

Killzone 2 - approx 75-80 k if you want #1 spot ? (got this with 10k a month before announcement)

Various Bond games - Activision says in the manual if the player base is too low we will shut down without any news)

GTA 5 - Bounty feature lock because of Shark Cards ? thats why

And many many more.That's why i love p2p system (most Ubi games).it is crap gameplay wise but some +10 year old games still can be done to this day.

• Like 1

I did Uncharted: Fight For Fortune and the Saints Row games just to get the online trophies out of the way. So I don't have to worry about them. I'll finish them eventually.

Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault I plan to start soon but both have online trophies I should take care of. Since they're both easy they shouldn't pose a problem.

Haven't decided when I'll be starting Playstation All Stars and Killzone Mercenary.

Many of the games I have that are 'E' rank are simply there because I didn't have an alt account at the time I played them. In fact I didn't make an alt account until around 2016 when I realized I could just play most of these games for a few hours to try them out without risking adding them to my main account. But before I simply didn't know any better and I played them anyway on my main. That's simply what I did for a few of the Assassins Creed games, DOOM and a couple others.

Grand Theft Auto V I played for fun. But now I have one unobtainable due to the Run Like the Wind trophy that's no longer possible legit.

The big target as far as multiplayer goes for me is the Assassins Creed games. A couple of them are grindy and require multiple people to coordinate with each other. Assassins Creed Brotherhood is probably the worst of the entire series. Revelations will require a good amount of boosting due to there being two DLC packs and 10 trophies in the base game all focused on multiplayer. The others shouldn't be bad mostly thanks to Wolfpack. Assassins Creed Unity I hear you can solo most of the co-op missions, and getting 10 revives and 10 co-op sync kills shouldn't be too big of a deal.

I don't know if I'll ever fully complete Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, Red Dead Redemption or Resogun. Many of the DLC trophies are a real pain in the ass. Uncharted 2 & 3 are extremely time consuming, Red Dead requires a good team of 6 - 8 people to knock out a lot of the trophies I have left, and Resogun is very skill dependent. The Resogun DLC trophies are extremely difficult, Commando Mode is insanely hard to do alone.

If I can ever reach 95 percent completion on my account, that's good enough for me. Going further than that would be overdoing it.

Edited by Spaz

I like old platinums myself. They're like an antique in a way. I mean, games from 2008-2010 really do have the first trophies the way we understand them. They're special in a sense, since things can only be among the first for a limited time. There are ofc trophy patches, ps2 classics with trophy sets and remasters, but these are different since their trophies are new while the games might be old. Multiplayer ones are going to be unobtainable on top of that. It's just common collector mentality. Suddenly we realize as things are falling to obscurity, that these are very hip collectibles to have now.

20 hours ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

That'd be me and Top Gun. Boy, i can't wait for trophy deletion to become a thing....

This isn't a good thing. This basically means that anybody who has one or two trophies in a given game can just delete them off their profile and therefore bump up their completion percentage much higher. Making 100 percent completion on a given account to be a joke.

Unless they are F rank, I'm not deleting anything off my profile just to make myself look better with a more polished account.

Just now, Spaz said:

This isn't a good thing. This basically means that anybody who has one or two trophies in a given game can just delete them off their profile and therefore bump up their completion percentage much higher. Making 100 percent completion on a given account to be a joke.

Unless they are F rank, I'm not deleting anything off my profile just to make myself look better with a more polished account.

I couldn't agree more Spaz. 

Can't say I've ever really done this, even if I hear the announcement for a game's server getting shut down that I don't have the platinum for, I'm usually just "meh, can't be bothered to play it again".

Only games I can really see myself doing this for is the Digimon Cyber Sleuth games, since they do have a few online trophies, and I do kinda wanna platinum them eventually, but there's also plenty of other RPGs to keep me busy.