The Great Australian Trophy Hunt - Season 3

Epic Dual  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be triumphant in the ultimate showdown for Tim Tams this season!?

• Feral
    • TheWayne-o
    • Does it matter? You're both losers, go and actually earn some trophies!

I feel a little guilty not having backlog titles available. There are no priorities and I wish to spice up my approach.

I'm currently deciding themes, but I will throw up a broad range of genres and hold em for.... 2 months probably? And you guys can lazy vote them into hijacking what I play.

I'll play whatever I want the first month because 9 months makes it uneven. As we move through it I'll push through increasingly crappier genres. In the last 2 months I'll play the 4 genres I don't like the most and mix all of them together in a self induced ass bleaching. 

On 2/22/2018 at 8:35 PM, MattyH16 said:

Well, after much deliberation, I've finally narrowed my backlog down to the final 10. It's going to be an interesting year:

PS3:

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Thief

PS4:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Broken Age

Final Fantasy XIV

Just Cause 3

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Jebus the FFXIV Trophies are painful. 1000 leves and 1000 items made on each crafting class.

I only got the plat because I was obsessed with the game for a good year or so.

Good luck mate :DDD

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hampy64 said:

Jebus the FFXIV Trophies are painful. 1000 leves and 1000 items made on each crafting class.

I agree the trophy list is a mess. But what a game, did you do the expansions, I think it will take me a few months to finish the last one but what a game huh. Probably the only game where the plat is about 10% of the content. 

Goodluck with the post count, hope you make it.

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Hampy64 said:

Thanks mate. You know, it's actually the thought of 1000 FATE's that keeps me up at night. I kinda have a plan though so we'll see.

2 hours ago, CjShai said:

Probably the only game where the plat is about 10% of the content.

In my experience, I'd also add Skyrim and No Man's Sky to the list, although FF XIV still takes the cake for most content versus trophies.

Some of you already know, but in case I haven't mentioned yet, I'm planning to make Final Fantasy XIV my 250th milestone platinum. I'm currently on 249 so I'm looking forward to getting started ☺️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MattyH16 said:

Thanks mate. You know, it's actually the thought of 1000 FATE's that keeps me up at night. I kinda have a plan though so we'll see.

In my experience, I'd also add Skyrim and No Man's Sky to the list, although FF XIV still takes the cake for most content versus trophies.

Some of you already know, but in case I haven't mentioned yet, I'm planning to make Final Fantasy XIV my 250th milestone platinum. I'm currently on 249 so I'm looking forward to getting started 263a.png

Hahaha great minds think alike, I want to finally get ffx-2 plat for my 50th trophy. Even back in the ps2 days I could never get that damn mascot dress sphere >.<

33 minutes ago, AuzzieWingman said:

The one that gets me is binding coil. 

No one does that.

If you have the expansions you can get up to lvl 70 and nearly solo the binding coil stuff now. A team of 4 can do it all in under an hour. Even at level 50 it's not too bad, just need to know the raids. They made much harder ones later on, but unfortunately never added to the trophy list :(

4 hours ago, CjShai said:

I agree the trophy list is a mess. But what a game, did you do the expansions, I think it will take me a few months to finish the last one but what a game huh. Probably the only game where the plat is about 10% of the content. 

Goodluck with the post count, hope you make it.

Thanks mate, hope I do as well. I enjoy competitions and this is right up my alley.

I did heavensward all the way through, but quit right before stormsblood. It doesn't have the same charm it used to unfortunately :(

• Like 1

On 2/17/2018 at 6:53 PM, AuzzieWingman said:

Wherever there is competition, there is a most important element that motivates us, pushes us, drives us to go even further beyond and ultimately defines us and our place in all things.

That element is a constant flow of shit talk.

I think that I may have to declare you the winner and end the competition now, you just understand the whole concept of the competition!

On 2/19/2018 at 8:38 PM, Salt_AU said:

Hi guys, I'm keen if it's still open.

Thanks for the interest mate but as adam mentioned, I'm pretty strict on the 50 post rule as I'm trying to build a community (albeit one full of people with questionable gaming ability and tastes :P)

On 2/20/2018 at 6:16 AM, Feral said:

Ha ha ha ha yeah that would almost be a CJ level of shame. So this rivalry should be pretty intense this year.

I'm hanging to see what you end up choosing for your backlog games (just have a bunch of terrible shit with rare plats lol).

The rivalry this year is only going to intensify! I'll probably only play the same amount of games though lol.

I still haven't really put any sort of list together, there are too many games! :(

• Like 4

Just now, adam1984123 said:

Yes. The only unearned he had was some Just Cause 3 which he was halfway through.

Keep getting those posts up! 1f61d.png

Ergh Just Cause 3 was such a grind just to finish, I ended up giving up half way through!

I'm close to 40 posts, feel bad spamming the forums lol but I really want in!!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

Wow. You have gone all out. From 0 unearned trophies to over 1,500 haha!

Lmao, 1,500 unearned trophies? He'll knock that over in no time..... 15,000+ on the other hand.....

Damn, just had a look at my Trophy Advisor.... it says I have 26,461 trophies pending, lol

Which puts me slightly behind CJ with 26,491

Edited by damage_6-9
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, damage_6-9 said:

Lmao, 1,500 unearned trophies? He'll knock that over in no time..... 15,000+ on the other hand.....

Damn, just had a look at my Trophy Advisor.... it says I have 26,461 trophies pending, lol

Which puts me slightly behind CJ with 26,491

Final it has happened ?, now onwards for us both 30,000 is beckoning

• Like 1