The Great Australian Trophy Hunt - Season 3

Epic Dual  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be triumphant in the ultimate showdown for Tim Tams this season!?

• Feral
    • TheWayne-o
    • Does it matter? You're both losers, go and actually earn some trophies!

3 minutes ago, spazza136 said:

Yeah I saw that too, they're probably won't be another THPS I 'm guessing after this failure. The reboot they did of THPS1 wasn't too bad so if they could remaster/reboot one of the THUG games that would be great.

I just borrowed Skate 3 off a mate but haven't played it yet, I've heard it's pretty good though.

That reminds me... Thanks for last years card mate, mine was a bit stained and smelt strongly of spirits but I appreciate the effort you put in.

Yeah It's pretty solid, very different from tony hawks but a lot of fun once it "clicks" for you

14 hours ago, CjShai said:

I am going to go with Wayne for the victory, I just get the feeling this is the year Feral will finally stop using trophies as a crutch and move to a full time alcoholic state.

Goodluck to everyone, may your earn be small, your backlog list ignored, excuses wide and your banter amusing. I look forward to clapping you all on as you receive your participation awards come November.

Thanks for the vote of confidence mate, it's probably a little misplaced but I appreciate it none the less! :)

6 hours ago, Feral said:

@CjShai and @Ethan are off the Christmas card list for backing my competitor :P

I'm so keen to do nothing but still beat Wayne ?

I think that these two just recognise that I'm a better trophy hunter than you. I mean c'mon, you voted for yourself in the poll! :P

2 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

The poll @TheWayne-o posted is showing some interesting results. 

It's almost like most people in this competition don't think that we're worthy of playing in the big leagues! I actually have no response to anybody that thinks this because it's probably true :lol:

• Like 3

Can we post our thoughts and feedback on this season already?

Thought #1 Bring back the old system where points are given out at the end of each month for total trophy count, This allows anyone to at least win a month.
Thought #2 The completion point system needs a change or removed.
Thought #3 I don't really have a 3rd point but this comp is now too much like THL type events, so the trophy whores only. I enjoyed last season as backlog played a big part and the points were given out at the end of each month, this scoring system will have 2-4 players at the top by month one which will be never be caught.

But as long as CJ does not win I guess it does not really matter :D

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Thanks man, appreciate it.

I practically didn't know anyone on this site until i joined this comp and its been great talking with you lads.

The question is how many trophies would you like to get this month? 2000+?, Would make for a nice boost to the graph on the stats page.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Day 1:

:platinum: 18

:gold: 101

:silver: 312

:bronze: 67

Completion 79.83% > 87.03%

I managed to complete one of my backlogs as well "Thumper" and it was also Plat #200

Quite challenging but the best VR game i've played so far, highly recommend it!

A monster effort! In one day you've about done as much as I did last month (incidentally my best month ever too). What a way to jump to first place. Nice job mate.

1 hour ago, fisty123 said:

Can we post our thoughts and feedback on this season already?

Thought #1 Bring back the old system where points are given out at the end of each month for total trophy count, This allows anyone to at least win a month.
Thought #2 The completion point system needs a change or removed.
Thought #3 I don't really have a 3rd point but this comp is now too much like THL type events, so the trophy whores only. I enjoyed last season as backlog played a big part and the points were given out at the end of each month, this scoring system will have 2-4 players at the top by month one which will be never be caught.

But as long as CJ does not win I guess it does not really matter :D

Of course you can, I will also run a Q & A at the end of the year like I did last time. We do take the feedback seriously and we want to give you guys what you ask for where we can.

1: Not a bad idea, but the aim this year was to try awarding people the points based on what they've earned, just to try something different. It'll take a while before we work out all the kinks and have the GATH exactly the way we like it but we'll get there.

2: Personally I agree, it should be scrapped, however it's a bit hard/unfair to remove a feature right at the start when it's been announced a few weeks prior. I have thought of a way to penalise people in the future who deliberately tank but in doing so it may affect others who might be adding games for different reasons, which would be unfair. Besides, I doubt a measly 200 points will matter to the leaders if they are smashing through their trophies anyway.

3: I can see your point. Again, just testing the waters with a new scoring type. We'll see how it plays out over the months and if it ends up being a complete blowout, we'll go back to the drawing board.

As for CJ, I'm not sure if I can officially implement this but I'd be happy to have a system that applies negative points to all VN's. Perhaps we'll add in Common platinums to the list as well if he gets too far ahead ?

• Like 2

Amazing shit demon, great going on Thumper especially. On the other hand since you've come in & declared victory ages ago you had better do it, or it'll be a loss of face.

I was thinking about the backlog games last night & realised I just want to play something else I picked up recently so I get what you guys were talking about now. I'm taking a small break from earning heaps anyway. 

Please no negative points for VN plats though ;(

Edited by readytofuky
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Day 1:

:platinum: 18

:gold: 101

:silver: 312

:bronze: 67

Completion 79.83% > 87.03%

I managed to complete one of my backlogs as well "Thumper" and it was also Plat #200

Quite challenging but the best VR game i've played so far, highly recommend it!

Damn son, that's very fucking impressive..... :highfive:

Think I've got 18 plats for the year so far .... and 4 Bronze since this started, lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

Obviously stuffing up your profile was too much for you and you had to fix it again ASAP lol. 

You're spot on here mate lol This is basically all it ever comes down to for me, and will also be the reason i wont win this comp. Completion comes first for me before any comp, leaderboard etc (Just an OCD thing)

8 hours ago, fisty123 said:

The question is how many trophies would you like to get this month? 2000+?, Would make for a nice boost to the graph on the stats page.

With what i mentioned above, i wont even take note of anything like that. I just want to get my profile back to 100%

7 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

A monster effort! In one day you've about done as much as I did last month (incidentally my best month ever too). What a way to jump to first place. Nice job mate.

2: Personally I agree, it should be scrapped, however it's a bit hard/unfair to remove a feature right at the start when it's been announced a few weeks prior. I have thought of a way to penalise people in the future who deliberately tank but in doing so it may affect others who might be adding games for different reasons, which would be unfair. Besides, I doubt a measly 200 points will matter to the leaders if they are smashing through their trophies anyway.

As for CJ, I'm not sure if I can officially implement this but I'd be happy to have a system that applies negative points to all VN's. Perhaps we'll add in Common platinums to the list as well if he gets too far ahead 1f60b.png

Cheers Matty, and I only tanked to set myself a challenge instead of playing it safe by hitting up one game at a time.

If i do end up getting the completion bonus, id be more than happy to give away the points as they don't mean anything to me.

As for @CjShai that sounds like a great idea but also give him a massive boost for UR's ?

24 minutes ago, readytofuky said:

Amazing shit demon, great going on Thumper especially. On the other hand since you've come in & declared victory ages ago you had better do it, or it'll be a loss of face.

Thanks man, but that was just me giving shit to @CjShai we all know he'll win this lol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, readytofuky said:

You should give him this moment, in a couple of weeks he will be so far buried he will need this happy memory as he tightens the noose and jumps ............

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, CjShai said:

You should give him this moment, in a couple of weeks he will be so far buried he will need this happy memory as he tightens the noose and jumps ............

200.gif

7 minutes ago, Ethan said:

KYS, KYS, KYS, KYS, KYS

As long as we can gain access to his games afterwards Ethan...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CjShai said:

Lol what would you do with them, I don't think you do so well with VN's

Physical copies of the games I will take, They sell rather well and fast if you allow for international postage and set the price slighty lower then the others.

Ah the memories of going to the post office with 10+ games to post overseas every couple of months,

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 1