The Great Australian Trophy Hunt - Season 3

Epic Dual  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be triumphant in the ultimate showdown for Tim Tams this season!?

• Feral
    • TheWayne-o
    • Does it matter? You're both losers, go and actually earn some trophies!

21 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Physical copies of the games I will take, They sell rather well and fast if you allow for international postage and set the price slighty lower then the others.

Ah the memories of going to the post office with 10+ games to post overseas every couple of months,

I often forget just how big a trophy whore you use to be ?

14 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

I mean Nubla is worth about the same amount of points as Max Payne 3 :P. This is due to most easy games being 10 golds with a plat compared to harder games that have quite a lot of bronze which are only worth 1.5 points.

I just don't think you are giving Nubla the full respect it deserves. I mean they don't make a game with numerous stacks if it isn't quality, Max Payne on the one hand with its one stack .............

I agree with you regarding the points but I don't think it matters about the makeup of the trophies in the list as it is 1/10 of the trophy points and all plats have between 1100-1250ish each regardless of number of bronze/silver/gold.

On 3/2/2018 at 0:13 AM, fisty123 said:

But as long as CJ does not win I guess it does not really matter :D

Lol, the real question is who else is going to fly past you this year there seems a few hungry hunters ripping up the board these days.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2018 at 11:51 PM, Demon--Prototype said:

Day 1:

:platinum: 18

:gold: 101

:silver: 312

:bronze: 67

Completion 79.83% > 87.03%

I managed to complete one of my backlogs as well "Thumper" and it was also Plat #200

Quite challenging but the best VR game i've played so far, highly recommend it!

How is that even possible?

So last night I got my first VN plat, Psychopass Mandatory happiness. Which is an appropriate one because I think I wanted to kill myself about 20 minutes in. I ended up resorting to just skipping everything, which  guess is the point aye? Ah well never again for me, I see how they are easy trophies but I was so bored

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Dessane said:

So last night I got my first VN plat, Psychopass Mandatory happiness. Which is an appropriate one because I think I wanted to kill myself about 20 minutes in. I ended up resorting to just skipping everything, which  guess is the point aye? Ah well never again for me, I see how they are easy trophies but I was so bored

That is a shame, you probably picked one of the worst ones that is english translated. Chaos child is actually pretty good and Root Letter ( almost more of a point and click than a VN ) is great and looks stunning. I would recommend them both you to you. I am always amazed people skip English VN stacks kinda disgusting that is what the JP/HP/CH/KR versions are for. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CjShai said:

That is a shame, you probably picked one of the worst ones that is english translated. Chaos child is actually pretty good and Root Letter ( almost more of a point and click than a VN ) is great and looks stunning. I would recommend them both you to you. I am always amazed people skip English VN stacks kinda disgusting that is what the JP/HP/CH/KR versions are for. 

I might try one of them down the track, definitely need to cleanse my palate a bit before that though

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dessane said:

I might try one of them down the track, definitely need to cleanse my palate a bit before that though

I understand but I think once you have played " Western " games for awhile you actually gravitate to the Japanese stuff. Sort of like indie movies vs hollywood, it is nice getting something original and unpredictable.

1 hour ago, Demon--Prototype said:

It's not, i hacked all the trophies.. Just don't tell anyone..

I almost flagged you myself, those Mr Massagy times 2 weeks 1 day. Must be hacked there is no way it could take anyone that long even fmf.........

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Dessane said:

As CJ pointed out the translation can sometimes be a hit or a miss when it comes to VNs, they are also not for everyone, I really love reading them but if I were to pick up a book I struggle to read it. I also find I lose focus when reading a console version faster then what I do reading a PC version of the VN.

But at least you got the trophies, If you ever were to attempt a VN again I can point you into some of the better ones when it comes to the story.

Also does not help that the one you started was really for the fans of series, was a surprise to see it get translated but the anime was rather big outside Japan (First season)

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, fisty123 said:

As CJ pointed out the translation can sometimes be a hit or a miss when it comes to VNs, they are also not for everyone, I really love reading them but if I were to pick up a book I struggle to read it. I also find I lose focus when reading a console version faster then what I do reading a PC version of the VN.

But at least you got the trophies, If you ever were to attempt a VN again I can point you into some of the better ones when it comes to the story.

Also does not help that the one you started was really for the fans of series, was a surprise to see it get translated but the anime was rather big outside Japan (First season)

Yeah it sounds like I need to try a decent VN sometime soon, I'll hit you guys up for some to try when I get to it. My problem with psychopass was that you had to playthrpugh about 12 times to get the plt but the story really didn't change, so i played it through once blind and it was good but the repeats killed me

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

So is going against me for the top 5 least amount of trophies for the first month?
Currently sitting on a nice total of 22 trophies thus far. Which for me in a trophy comp is way under par.

It all comes down to what you play! Play a few 'trophy games' and then go back to whatever RPG your playing ?

• Like 1

I think everyone is probably struggling compared to Demon. Will be interesting to see if I can catch him this month. He has a great start but I think Mr Unknown is going to push me over 1000 trophies this month so we shall see. Little extra incentive to bump off a few more Aussies too from the leaderboard ....... so few left these days.

• Like 4

Update ( and prediction for next 2 days)

Day 5- :gold:x1, :silver:x3, :bronze:x1

Day 6- :gold:x1

Day 7- nuffin

Day 8- 3/5 of 5/8 of fuck all :)

Did get a message from someone this morning offering to pay me to plat Black The Fall for them via shareplay.... it truly disillusioned me.... wtf is going on with people?

• Like 3

@spazza136 Valley, life is strange, murdered soul suspect, the book of unwritten tales 2 ............ really pushing yourself there man, surprised you left off Barbie. I noticed Zombie Army Triology is mysteriously missing do you lack faith in me carrying you through that.

29 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

Did get a message from someone this morning offering to pay me to plat Black The Fall for them via shareplay.... it truly disillusioned me.... wtf is going on with people?

Chin up man, I reckon you could do it. 

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 3