The Great Australian Trophy Hunt - Season 3

Epic Dual  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be triumphant in the ultimate showdown for Tim Tams this season!?

• Feral
    • TheWayne-o
    • Does it matter? You're both losers, go and actually earn some trophies!

7 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

Doing us proud at the bottom of the table boys, love it! :highfive:

Normally I just post everyone's backlog games in the OP but I thought that I'd do something a little bit different this year and post a few people's selected games each day for 6 days, more of a reveal type thing. So to start with we have: MattyH16, fmfab & spazza136:

A different approach but I like it. I do hope once everyone's backlogs have been revealed, they do get added to the OP.

How's my brutal lineup ay, the Metal Gear Solid series will be the make or break I think. Some good choices from @Ethan and spazza as well. I'm keen to see everyone's final selections.

Edited by MattyH16
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, CjShai said:

@spazza136 Valley, life is strange, murdered soul suspect, the book of unwritten tales 2 ............ really pushing yourself there man, surprised you left off Barbie. I noticed Zombie Army Triology is mysteriously missing do you lack faith in me carrying you through that.

Yeah mate good idea, I’ll add a game I’ve done 45% of to my backlog excellent idea. I just pick stuff that’s easy that I might play if I end up geeing like it, no time for hard stuff in my old age. Yeah cheers for carrying @adam1984123 and I last session, those 10 kills really helped.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, spazza136 said:

Yeah mate good idea, I’ll add a game I’ve done 45% of to my backlog excellent idea. I just pick stuff that’s easy that I might play if I end up geeing like it, no time for hard stuff in my old age. Yeah cheers for carrying @adam1984123 and I last session, those 10 kills really helped.

Lol 10 kills. 

I'm really enjoying that game. Zombies isn't usually my thing but this is quite enjoyable. Must be the great co-op team mates that I'm playing with. ?

8 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

A different approach but I like it. I do hope once everyone's backlogs have been revealed, they do get added to the OP.

How's my brutal lineup ay, the Metal Gear Solid series will be the make or break I think. Some good choices from @Ethan and spazza as well. I'm keen to see everyone's final selections.

I will be surprised if you get through all those metal gear games man. Very stealthy and challenging and long and... I think they best played in small doses. But good luck! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, damage_6-9 said:

Just thought I'd try a week or two walking in Feral's shoes........ 1f600.png

Oi! Give me those shoes back, they're my only pair and I've gotta head to Dan Murphy's.

4 minutes ago, readytofuky said:

Can I just say it's damn nice to come back & see plenty of others who've earned less than 100 trophies so far. I was starting to feel like my slacker mode was too slack.

Mate, it will be a minor miracle if I get a 100 trophies in this whole comp. So you've got no worries at all lol.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

No, I won't give them back!!! You're only going to Dan's to restock your Bacardi...

so it's for your own good.1f601.png

You bastard! Lol. Oh fuck no not Bacardi, strictly Bundy only. Footy starts tomorrow so it's essential I stock up for it. Only way to stand watching the Broncos play.

8 minutes ago, Feral said:

Oi! Give me those shoes back, they're my only pair and I've gotta head to Dan Murphy's.

Just now, damage_6-9 said:

No, I won't give them back!!! You're only going to Dan's to restock your Bacardi...

so it's for your own good.1f601.png

I hope both of you don't live in Darwin! There'd be no vodka left  ?

6 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I hope both of you don't live in Darwin! There'd be no vodka left  1f602.png

Ha ha ha nah, I live in New South Wales.

Darwin wouldn't just be out of vodka, they'd be out of everything.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Feral said:

You bastard! Lol. Oh fuck no not Bacardi, strictly Bundy only. Footy starts tomorrow so it's essential I stock up for it. Only way to stand watching the Broncos play.

Hmm... I will give them back for Bundy I suppose... only 2 good things come out of Queersland - Bundy rum and the Barkly Highway, lol

5 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I hope both of you don't live in Darwin! There'd be no vodka left  ?

Lol, Ferals liver couldn't cope up here :hmm:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

Hmm... I will give them back for Bundy I suppose... only 2 good things come out of Queersland - Bundy rum and the Barkly Highway, lol

Lol, Ferals liver couldn't cope up here :hmm:

Lol it's a deal then. Ha ha ha ha ha true. Best thing about Queensland is leaving it.

My liver would be right but that heat would kill me. It's too hot where I am now so Darwin would be terrible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feral said:

Lol it's a deal then. Ha ha ha ha ha true. Best thing about Queensland is leaving it.

My liver would be right but that heat would kill me. It's too hot where I am now so Darwin would be terrible.

But it's getting cooler now..... got down to 27 last night :)

• Like 1

After speaking with Demon--Prototype last night we have come to a decision regarding this trophy hunt. While we both acknowledge the history of this event and how it has developed neither of us feel happy with what is quickly becoming apparent, a very one sided and unfair point system to the field at large. It is without a doubt the new point system favours a volume hunter approach, to a degree so extreme that no other points on offer will even matter. Most alarming is that it is so in favour of myself and Demon that it was basically over before it even started. I don't presume to influence the admins that is why we will both be withdrawing from this event. Having said that I feel this is a very disappointing effort from the admins with no real forethought especially in relation to the minuscule point loading on backlog games and completion percentage. Both of which can, and have been in effect negated in a few days play.

I understand the admins are running an event to create a community but I don't believe that many of your players realised just how this was going to play out. If we are being honest I wonder how many of them really want to be in a 9 month event with 0% chance of placing anywhere near the top for even one month let alone the duration. While the withdrawal of Demon and myself will not rectify this, at least it will allow for a more competitive chance for everyone else. 

With that in mind Demon has proposed a challenge to battle against me in our own " Division of Spam ", we would like to continue this within the folds of this event but we will leave that to the admins. Either way we have agreed to adopt the same point structure / rules / backlog games etc etc with one important amendment. As Demon only plays PS4 and I play anything we have decided in the interests of fairness to limit trophies eligible for point score inclusion to the PS4 only. There is some negotiated wiggle room with this mysterious " Multiplatform " category.  To spice it up a bit we have decided on a prize of $80 in PSN card to be paid by the loser to the overall winner ($50 PSN card)  of this trophy hunt and to 4th place ($30PSN card) (that is all of youse)

So we both look forward to following on and continuing the banter, jokes, obnoxious slurs, relive Feral's latest rehab stint, see Damage hit 5000 unplayed games and watch Matty attempt to sink 1000's of hours into Metal Gear. I know we will both be having alot of fun and I think now the game is definitely on in the main division. Bring it Aussie gamers lets see who is ready to standup.

Oh and Demon, here is a little taste of the opening numbers (at 1/10 of trophy value). It is apparent I have a firm hand on both ankles for now .......... be gentle

Demon   2587.5

Cj         822

(not including backlog pts)

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, CjShai said:

After speaking with Demon--Prototype last night we have come to a decision regarding this trophy hunt. While we both acknowledge the history of this event and how it has developed neither of us feel happy with what is quickly becoming apparent, a very one sided and unfair point system to the field at large. It is without a doubt the new point system favours a volume hunter approach, to a degree so extreme that no other points on offer will even matter. Most alarming is that it is so in favour of myself and Demon that it was basically over before it even started. I don't presume to influence the admins that is why we will both be withdrawing from this event. Having said that I feel this is a very disappointing effort from the admins with no real forethought especially in relation to the minuscule point loading on backlog games and completion percentage. Both of which can, and have been in effect negated in a few days play.

I understand the admins are running an event to create a community but I don't believe that many of your players realised just how this was going to play out. If we are being honest I wonder how many of them really want to be in a 9 month event with 0% chance of placing anywhere near the top for even one month let alone the duration. While the withdrawal of Demon and myself will not rectify this, at least it will allow for a more competitive chance for everyone else. 

With that in mind Demon has proposed a challenge to battle against me in our own " Division of Spam ", we would like to continue this within the folds of this event but we will leave that to the admins. Either way we have agreed to adopt the same point structure / rules / backlog games etc etc with one important amendment. As Demon only plays PS4 and I play anything we have decided in the interests of fairness to limit trophies eligible for point score inclusion to the PS4 only. There is some negotiated wiggle room with this mysterious " Multiplatform " category.  To spice it up a bit we have decided on a prize of $80 in PSN card to be paid by the loser to the overall winner ($50 PSN card)  of this trophy hunt and to 4th place ($30PSN card) (that is all of youse)

So we both look forward to following on and continuing the banter, jokes, obnoxious slurs, relive Feral's latest rehab stint, see Damage hit 5000 unplayed games and watch Matty attempt to sink 1000's of hours into Metal Gear. I know we will both be having alot of fun and I think now the game is definitely on in the main division. Bring it Aussie gamers lets see who is ready to standup.

Oh and Demon, here is a little taste of the opening numbers (at 1/10 of trophy value). It is apparent I have a firm hand on both ankles for now .......... be gentle

Demon   2587.5

Cj         822

(not including backlog pts)

I taught you well Sensei of Shame

giphy.gif  giphy.gif  

giphy.gif

Edited by Ethan

@CjShai and @Demon--Prototype I'd like to thank you for your generosity. Prizes always make a competition more fun and well, more competitive.

I agree that the scoring system is broken. I knew that with the new setup, a bit of tactical planning and deliberate tanking would be the key to a massive headstart. The good thing about season 2 was knowing even if you had a quiet month, or if you knocked it out of the park, you've still got everyone else hot on your tails or slightly ahead of you, which takes away the incentive to go into beast mode on Day 1.

Unfortunately, it's not up to me how the scoring is done. In fact, the only 2 things I have brought to the GATH since becoming an "admin" is the Fame & Shame event and delivering your score updates on time.

Edited by MattyH16
  • Like 3