The Great Australian Trophy Hunt - Season 3

Epic Dual  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be triumphant in the ultimate showdown for Tim Tams this season!?

• Feral
    • TheWayne-o
    • Does it matter? You're both losers, go and actually earn some trophies!

28 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

I don't he's updated the main post yet with those who have expressed interest. I am sure you meet the requirements so don't worry. 

I think most people have created separate accounts and then purchase psn cards from certain sites to do this. That's the way I have done it anyway... But I am not a heavy user of other psn stores so there is most likely a better way. 

Cool, thanks man.

I have a former trophy hunting mate that said he, along with others paid this one particular user with multiple accounts to download the spam during their heyday and he mentioned it was quite common at the time, so was just wondering if its still a "thing" these days.

Would be an interesting competition if i got into the regionals.

Edited by Demon--Prototype
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Cool, thanks man.

I have a former trophy hunting mate that said he, along with others paid this one particular user with multiple accounts to download the spam during their heyday and he mentioned it was quite common at the time, so was just wondering if its still a "thing" these days.

Would be an interesting competition if i got into the regionals.

Yea, there are far more qualified people than me to comment on that, so I am sure they can lead you in the right direction if that's what you're looking for.

Your profile is unbelievable by the way. The only unearned trophies you have on it are from the game you are currently playing! And being 193 games in, that is something else. I hope you aren't forgoing some great games just in case you can't 100% them though - that would be a shame? Or maybe you try them on an alt account?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

Yea, there are far more qualified people than me to comment on that, so I am sure they can lead you in the right direction if that's what you're looking for.

Your profile is unbelievable by the way. The only unearned trophies you have on it are from the game you are currently playing! And being 193 games in, that is something else. I hope you aren't forgoing some great games just in case you can't 100% them though - that would be a shame? Or maybe you try them on an alt account?

Thanks man, appreciate it! I got bad OCD, hence the completion.

Nothing in comparison to your NBA2K plats though lol, absolute monster achievements dude! Hats off to you!

I've definitely gone into a few games knowing the challenge involved so i don't avoid difficult titles by any means. (I have quite a few in my backlog too)

I see many people on here embracing the spam so i feel like i'm missing out in a way, hence my enquiry about the accounts lol 

I was also going to brag about my Surgeon Simulator plat but i see you have that too ? You're a gun!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demon--Prototype said:

That's the thing, i've just about done all the spam i could find off our "EU" store and have always been intrigued by going down that path but could never bring myself to create all the accounts and purchase a crap ton of PSN cards (Money isn't the issue here, just the effort)

Curious, is that what everyone does? Or are there master accounts that select few people own and people just pay them a hefty fee to temporarily use the accounts to just download the games?

I could see the latter being quite beneficial to said account owners, hence my curiosity.

Sorry for going off topic but our beloved Google cant seem to help me with these questions.

Acquiring PSN cards from other regions is quite easy, I would recommend pcgamesupply or playasia. I am sure there are other options but I have never had any problem with them. Perhaps @fisty123 might know of some others.  In regards to cost, buying a lot of those games is not as expensive as you would think. If you monitor sales in other regions you can often get some good deals. Up until a year ago buying off the Canadian store would save you about 50% on almost any game. The margin is a lot less now but often a better alternative than the AU store. I don't use the American store at all and have never found it to be good value in comparison from what I have seen.

I believe there is a market in hiring physical games, mainly imported titles but that is not as common as some people believe I feel. If money is not really a concern I would encourage you to just setup some other accounts and fund them yourself. At the end of the day he who pays calls the shots right. 

If you are interested send me a request on PSN, a group of us share info about a lot of the games that are coming out and how realistic / time the plat really is. Of course you could wait till next year, I am considering writing a book when I finish " How to get to Lvl 100 fast ; Truths, Myths, Trophies and Laughs - Shameful stories from an Ex-Trophy Hunter ".

Oh and I checked your profile, nice to see a completionist interested in the pure art of spam hunting. But I reject your claim you have out spammed the EU store, there is plenty still to be had, happy hunting.

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 2

Count me in. Gonna try and post more this time.........and actually post the end thoughts / questions :P

Question. Say we choose a game for a backlog and the servers suddenly go down rendering the platinum impossible. Are we allowed to switch that game with another in that instance?

Edited by Gibbo_0113
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CjShai said:

Acquiring PSN cards from other regions is quite easy, I would recommend pcgamesupply or playasia. I am sure there are other options but I have never had any problem with them. Perhaps @fisty123 might know of some others.  In regards to cost, buying a lot of those games is not as expensive as you would think. If you monitor sales in other regions you can often get some good deals. Up until a year ago buying off the Canadian store would save you about 50% on almost any game. The margin is a lot less now but often a better alternative than the AU store. I don't use the American store at all and have never found it to be good value in comparison from what I have seen.

I believe there is a market in hiring physical games, mainly imported titles but that is not as common as some people believe I feel. If money is not really a concern I would encourage you to just setup some other accounts and fund them yourself. At the end of the day he who pays calls the shots right. 

If you are interested send me a request on PSN, a group of us share info about a lot of the games that are coming out and how realistic / time the plat really is. Of course you could wait till next year, I am considering writing a book when I finish " How to get to Lvl 100 fast ; Truths, Myths, Trophies and Laughs - Shameful stories from an Ex-Trophy Hunter ".

Oh and I checked your profile, nice to see a completionist interested in the pure art of spam hunting. But I reject your claim you have out spammed the EU store, there is plenty still to be had, happy hunting.

Thanks man, and i honour your rejection in my claim about the EU store, would like to hear of the delicious spam i haven't had the opportunity to devour. 

I must say though, i did have a chuckle at your claim that you don't use the American store at all seeing you have over 70 NA stacks lol

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Thanks man, and i honour your rejection in my claim about the EU store, would like to hear of the delicious spam i haven't had the opportunity to devour. 

I must say though, i did have a chuckle at your claim that you don't use the American store at all seeing you have over 70 NA stacks lol

Lol only 70, I think your maths is wrong, Now I think we have persued this line far enough, I generally dislike helping trophy hunters so I think I have more than meet my quota for the next month.

Oh and nothing personal I am a prick, just ask the others .......

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, CjShai said:

Lol only 70, I think your maths is wrong, Now I think we have persued this line far enough, I generally dislike helping trophy hunters so I think I have more than meet my quota for the next month.

Hahaha iv always enjoyed your banter on here man, no need to change your post. I agree i'm no spam hunter by any means but have always been interested in jumping on the wagon cause im quite into the PS4 leaderboard, seeing thats all i play.

I feel a bit stupid now seeing its quite obvious the Canadian store would be part of NA lol

Appreciate the advice!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Hahaha iv always enjoyed your banter on here man, no need to change your post. I agree i'm no spam hunter by any means but have always been interested in jumping on the wagon cause im quite into the PS4 leaderboard, seeing thats all i play.

I feel a bit stupid now seeing its quite obvious the Canadian store would be part of NA lol

Appreciate the advice!

Lol, caught again. I am guilty of changing a few posts. I was try to come across as a prick but sometimes I wonder if I overstep the prickdom line, obviously it doesn't bother me but one must at least keep some sort of decorum in the forum ( wow decorum in the forum that's a winner ). 

Ok ok I have sabotaged this thread enough. Best of luck to everyone entering this year. I look forward to watching on hope everyone has fun, plays some great games and all that ........ ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fantrig99 said:

Hi guys! Can I join this event? Looking to work out a backlog of RPGs.

Another RPG backloger. I say welcome

1 hour ago, CjShai said:

He plays the tough act but he actually is a loving caring person..........I joke he is a prick

• Like 3

13 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

Welcome to the competition mate! Hopefully your performance will be slightly better than your current efforts in simp's competition! :P Although I shouldn't really be throwing banter like this around considering I lost my dual with feral last year in my own competition...

It's all the handicap I'm telling you. That and Persona 5

• Like 1

Same. I was sitting at home last night deciding whether to start DBFighterZ, Dissidia or Monster Hunter World.

Still haven't started everything that came out last year. Yakuza, KH 2.8, Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, Ni-Oh. Heck, there's older stuff like Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Phantom Pain and Skyrim which I've barely touched.

And I'll likely play Metal Gear Survive before all of them :S

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, CjShai said:

Ahh the trinity of January games,  props for getting them all, they look great.

Ok enough sitting on the fence, I have seen the field and it is what it is. I have no doubt Fisty will lay down the hammer and dominate Division One again but I can't let him take it so easily. Therefore I throw my hat into the ring as the destroyer of dreams, the liberator of trophies, the uphold of spam. This talk of a bonus point for backlog games proves to enticing, so I pledge in this of field completionist slaves, PS3 has-beens, server closure paranoids that I will complete my backlog and snare the 1 point. And as a show of good faith I will list my first 2 backlog games unashamedly, join me if you dare, 

Backlog Games

1. Barbie Puppy Rescues (EU)

2. Barbie Puppy Rescues ( NA )  

See you in March muppets,

Cj

Fantastic to see you return mate. Do you want the 1st place award now or next week?

I was working on a plan to keep up with fisty's brute force earning power but I may be out of my depths against the Sensei of shame. Oh well.

Bring it on!

Edited by MattyH16
  • Like 4