The Great Australian Trophy Hunt - Season 3

Epic Dual  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be triumphant in the ultimate showdown for Tim Tams this season!?

• Feral
    • TheWayne-o
    • Does it matter? You're both losers, go and actually earn some trophies!

On 2/1/2018 at 8:53 PM, Gibbo_0113 said:

Count me in. Gonna try and post more this time.........and actually post the end thoughts / questions :P

Question. Say we choose a game for a backlog and the servers suddenly go down rendering the platinum impossible. Are we allowed to switch that game with another in that instance?

Welcome back mate! I'm glad that Mr. PS3 himself is back! Yeah last year you dropped off a bit towards the end but it's always good hearing what you have to say about the games you play, especially because I have most of them sitting here unopened.

Good question, I hadn't actually thought about it. I would have to say that unfortunately they can't be changed, so if you're going to pick games that are likely to have their servers closer this year (I'll probably do this myself) then I recommend knocking them over as soon as possible.

On 2/1/2018 at 10:29 PM, fantrig99 said:

Hi guys! Can I join this event? Looking to work out a backlog of RPGs.

Welcome to the competition mate! It's always good to have another completionist among the ranks, I was starting to get sick of these VN skipping, double/triple stacking, Lego playing muppets! :P

On 2/2/2018 at 1:19 AM, Crestfallen said:

Sign me up again, Wayne.

Welcome back mate! Do you think that you'll be able to get the monkey off your back and actually complete your backlog after coming so close last year?

On 2/2/2018 at 2:23 AM, Jare said:

@TheWayne-o sure thing I’ll post more then :) 

Well if you're committed to being more involved this year then I'm happy to have you, welcome back mate!

On 2/4/2018 at 9:28 PM, CjShai said:

Ok enough sitting on the fence, I have seen the field and it is what it is. I have no doubt Fisty will lay down the hammer and dominate Division One again but I can't let him take it so easily. Therefore I throw my hat into the ring as the destroyer of dreams, the liberator of trophies, the uphold of spam. This talk of a bonus point for backlog games proves to enticing, so I pledge in this of field completionist slaves, PS3 has-beens, server closure paranoids that I will complete my backlog and snare the 1 point. And as a show of good faith I will list my first 2 backlog games unashamedly, join me if you dare,

:o He's back, the inaugural champion and sensei of shame! Welcome! Looking at the field that's starting to gather, you'll face a bit more competition this year than in the past.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

Welcome back mate! Do you think that you'll be able to get the monkey off your back and actually complete your backlog after coming so close last year?

I don't know. I'd probably bet on myself being one short for the third year in a row. :lol:

I could pick 10 shorter games, but there's definitely a few long RPGs like Grand Kingdom, Final Fantasy XIII, Oreshika and Tales of Xillia that I'm considering.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, fisty123 said:

We never had a chance against mr 10 trophies per game

come now I think 10 trophies is a stretch, usually one can only pick up 5 or 6 in the first 10 mins. 

2 hours ago, Crestfallen said:

I don't know. I'd probably bet on myself being one short for the third year in a row. :lol:

I could pick 10 shorter games, but there's definitely a few long RPGs like Grand Kingdom, Final Fantasy XIII, Oreshika and Tales of Xillia that I'm considering.

Never give up, anything is possible, I mean look Fisty even believes he can plat Monster Hunter ? 

Those games look great, do you think there is an outside chance FFXIII will get ported to PS4.

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 1

On 2/1/2018 at 11:32 PM, fisty123 said:

Another RPG backloger. I say welcome

13 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

Welcome to the competition mate! It's always good to have another completionist among the ranks, I was starting to get sick of these VN skipping, double/triple stacking, Lego playing muppets! :P

Thanks guys for the welcome!

Edited by fantrig99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CjShai said:

Never give up, anything is possible, I mean look Fisty even believes he can plat Monster Hunter 1f633.png 

Those games look great, do you think there is an outside chance FFXIII will get ported to PS4.

I'd be more likely to believe that anything's possible if you platted Monster Hunter. :lol:

Square Enix did talk about the possibility of bringing the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy to PS4/XBO a few years ago, but mentioned that they didn't have enough people internally (were busy with XIV and XV) and would require external support. So, I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

I actually missed this the first time around. I would prefer you don't address me as a muppet. In the future could you please refer to those of us classified in the muppetdom category by the acceptable full title " Fucking Muppet".

I also noticed there is a 10 point deduction for the best game (shame ?) of the month. Could you please credit my account now. In order to alleviate the obvious disadvantage of such an unfair and discriminatory rule I seem to be left with the following recourse. To crash my completion percentage before the start of March in order to win back some small hope of offsetting this penalty. It is obvious this will disturb me greatly. I feel anything less than a 50% completion rate moving forward is just to much of a burden to overcome. It is going to be very hard to achieve but it is my commitment to equality that will propel me forward in this course.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, CjShai said:

I actually missed this the first time around. I would prefer you don't address me as a muppet. In the future could you please refer to those of us classified in the muppetdom category by the acceptable full title " Fucking Muppet".

I also noticed there is a 10 point deduction for the best game (shame ?) of the month. Could you please credit my account now. In order to alleviate the obvious disadvantage of such an unfair and discriminatory rule I seem to be left with the following recourse. To crash my completion percentage before the start of March in order to win back some small hope of offsetting this penalty. It is obvious this will disturb me greatly. I feel anything less than a 50% completion rate moving forward is just to much of a burden to overcome. It is going to be very hard to achieve but it is my commitment to equality that will propel me forward in this course.

If you need lessons in crashing your completion rate... I can give you some pointers?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, damage_6-9 said:

So says the bloke that admitted to being a Bacardi drinker........

a.) I don't remember that and b.) I haven't drunk Bacardi in years plus it was free. Like you wouldn't drink free grog.

Edited by Feral
  • Like 1