The Great Australian Trophy Hunt - Season 3

Epic Dual  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be triumphant in the ultimate showdown for Tim Tams this season!?

• Feral
    • TheWayne-o
    • Does it matter? You're both losers, go and actually earn some trophies!

Sorry I didn't know about the beer stipulation so I'll post up a pic of my beer now. I was gonna be a smart arse & say it's made in Australia but I'm thinking of Kirin so the jokes on me. This stuff was made in China like a lot of things. I should have known better & just gone with the 500ml cans like I always do.

Spoiler

IwwZ9dB.jpg

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

We talking about drinks I just brought another bottle of this (Old Photo)

Reveal hidden contents

fdI5fXb.jpg

As for the topic in hand how is backlist going for everyone, me I have way too many games I want to pick and in the end only have 2 games so far.

Nice! Glad you went the Yamazaki over the Hakushu, heading to Japan in 5 weeks and im gonna bring back bottles of the shit. $40 over there ?

My backlogs set somewhere in this thread, now just doing my best to keep them under 10%

Gaming while trying to avoid trophies is interesting..

What are your 2 games?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Nice! Glad you went the Yamazaki over the Hakushu, heading to Japan in 5 weeks and im gonna bring back bottles of the shit. $40 over there 1f44c.png

My backlogs set somewhere in this thread, now just doing my best to keep them under 10%

Gaming while trying to avoid trophies is interesting..

What are your 2 games?

Just now, readytofuky said:

That Yamazaki is beautiful. I've downed a few bottles of that in my time. It's a shit that we pay at least twice as much as they do over there but oh well. Also agree it's a better pick over the Hakushu. Hibiki is pretty bloody nice as well although it's a bit of a bugger to find it sometimes.

I love the Yamazaki taste the standard is ok but the 12 year is much better. I got to try the 25 year old bottle when it first came out was amazing but I am not paying $5000 for it.
I also buy the 18 year old from time to time but that is now up to around around $700 but use to be $300- $400 when it first came out.

The Hakushu is ok but no where near as nice, if there is no the Yamazaki at the local shops I settle for a bottle of Hibiki but that's only when they have sold out of Yamazaki.
I am slowly planning my Japanese trip and they will be on my things to bring back list as well.

As for the two games so far they are Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization and Megadimension Neptunia VII

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 2

Wow, I haven't tried Yamasaki, by the positive reviews I will have to seek it out. I myself am more of a purest Laphroaig all the way .........

There are a couple of very good whisky bars in Sydney that do a reasonable price per glass on some of the older high end stuff. And by reasonable I mean the more you drink the more reasonable it appears

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, MattyH16 said:

Very nice, I've had the PS4 version on the go for a while. It's very...complex

I love the anime though ☺️

Lost song (Next game in series)  was a let down, the story tried and was not bad but everything else was a pain. 
I heard much better things about Hollow Realization

As for the anime I tried to avoid the Light Novel spoilers but some get posted on social media and to be honest I am not really enjoying what I have seen (Which is the next season of the anime).

There is also another Sword Art Online anime coming out this year which is a spin-off with a female main set in the Gun Gale Online universe

I just pulled some games out of storage & should have my backlog titles sorted out very soon. It's been a bit difficult to get around to it thanks to being in the middle of painting the very same storage area. Noticed I had 11% completion on one so it's out, what a shame I won't be forcing myself to play Alone in the Dark ps3....

1 hour ago, fisty123 said:

I love the Yamazaki taste the standard is ok but the 12 year is much better. I got to try the 25 year old bottle when it first came out was amazing but I am not paying $5000 for it.
I also buy the 18 year old from time to time but that is now up to around around $700 but use to be $300- $400 when it first came out.

The Hakushu is ok but no where near as nice, if there is no the Yamazaki at the local shops I settle for a bottle of Hibiki but that's only when they have sold out of Yamazaki.
I am slowly planning my Japanese trip and they will be on my things to bring back list as well.

Damn I'm a bit on the envious side as far as that 25yr tasting session. 12 year is living large though, very respectable! Lol at settling for Hibiki.

1 hour ago, CjShai said:

Wow, I haven't tried Yamasaki, by the positive reviews I will have to seek it out. I myself am more of a purest Laphroaig all the way .........

I picked up a bottle of quarter cask once & really started enjoying it towards the end of the bottle. It was a bit of a shock at first. I guess that could be considered the 'cheap stuff' in the line but I found it quite nice nonetheless!

• Like 1

Just now, readytofuky said:

I don't understand what you've written there. Is it an acronym? Always Super Seedy? Guilty as charged. I don't remember typing that but the Aussie way of spelling derrière is ARSE. I wouldn't be throwing around Americanisms in the wake of the recent dual citizenship scandal(s). Gotta keep career options open for later on in life when decrepitude starts to set in.

?

3 hours ago, readytofuky said:

I don't understand what you've written there. Is it an acronym? Always Super Seedy? Guilty as charged. I don't remember typing that but the Aussie way of spelling derrière is ARSE. I wouldn't be throwing around Americanisms in the wake of the recent dual citizenship scandal(s). Gotta keep career options open for later on in life when decrepitude starts to set in.

I think he was calling you a donkey

6 hours ago, readytofuky said:

I picked up a bottle of quarter cask once & really started enjoying it towards the end of the bottle. It was a bit of a shock at first. I guess that could be considered the 'cheap stuff' in the line but I found it quite nice nonetheless!

Yes I love the smokeness of it. We only drink the Triple Wood which is pretty average price nothing flash. Perfect nightcap