Ian_Iguana

Ian_Iguana's Dispute

36 posts in this topic

Ian_Iguana

Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Hi there, <br /> I made this game hidden a while back and earned trophies since. So how Is it that it still showed up on here?Nobody should be able to see the trophy information for that game.

It was not hidden when someone reported you for it. Sometimes it takes a little while before someone approves the report. Personally I got very little experience with these fighting games, so I rarely touch the reports for them.

We received 3 reports for your account.

First one was May 23rd 2017 by one user, for the game MK vs DCU, which I'm not sure when was approved, it only says Jan 25th 2018, which might be last time someone clicked on approving it. :S

Second one was Jan 25th 2018 by a second user, for the game SF4, which I approved Jan 26th 2018.

Third one was made less than 20 minutes later on Jan 25th 2018 by that second user, for the game M v C3, which wasn't approved before Jan 31 2018.

Edited by MMDE

That's really unfortunate because I've gone through all the rules and am trying to do the right thing. I had hidden that game because like some of the others, I downloaded my saves. And I'm pretty sure 1 or 2 trophies may have unlocked at the same time when I was playing for this game so I hid it to avoid being flagged but it didn't work. Please if you could remove this?

29 minutes ago, Ian_Iguana said:

That's really unfortunate because I've gone through all the rules and am trying to do the right thing. I had hidden that game because like some of the others, I downloaded my saves. And I'm pretty sure 1 or 2 trophies may have unlocked at the same time when I was playing for this game so I hid it to avoid being flagged but it didn't work. Please if you could remove this?

How many other games have you downloaded saves for where the trophies haven't popped like 1 or 2 at the same time so you won't get caught and so you didn't hide them?

I'm pretty sure I've downloaded as fair amount of saves from my ps plus last year. I can't really remember, but most of them I didn't have any problems with trophies as I must've synced them after I earned them. I've been told before that ps plus saves are against the rules if trophies aren't synced at the time they're earned. So yea, I definitely didn't do the right thing then but thought if I hid it, it wouldn't be a problem. 

I don't know the policy here (and a clarification would be good for me).

So, if someone hides a game prior to it being flagged, is that OK? If it is, this guy should be unflagged. The report itself isn't enough to get a flag, right? It has to be reviewed? If no one reviewed it before he hid it, his flag shouldn't stick.

Obviously, if this isn't the policy, then what I just said is moot. 

Edited by starcrunch061

Unfortunately for @Ian_Iguana, you were flagged for too many games on this website, so hiding the trophies for those games did not help. Your current account is permanently removed from the leaderboards but everything else aside from seeing your name on achievers lists and seeing your rank on this website will be available to you. If you really want a leaderboard rank again, you need to make a new account and remain legit on it. 

@starcrunch061, there's no evidence to indicate that he hid the games before the flags were approved. I've seen @MMDE warn people not to mention other games that a person can be flagged for, because if they hide the game before the flag is approved then the leniency limit for their flagged games won't kick in. 

There's a chance that he hid the games between January 23rd and 27th, but when you want to hide games on this website you need to earn a trophy before you can update your profile to indicate hidden games, so maybe the flags were approved while he never got any new trophies after he hid those games but before he updated his profile to hide the games. 

Edited by Sergen

18 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I don't know the policy here (and a clarification would be good for me).

So, if someone hides a game prior to it being flagged, is that OK? If it is, this guy should be unflagged. The report itself isn't enough to get a flag, right? It has to be reviewed? If no one reviewed it before he hid it, his flag shouldn't stick.

Obviously, if this isn't the policy, then what I just said is moot. 

He can't be flagged unless the games are still on the profile. The two last games were flagged with less than 20 minutes difference, and he wouldn't have noticed before 2 days later when the first of the reports were approved.

And no, they won't get lifted if they were correct.

I definitely hid that game on or before the 26th. Since learning what is allowed in regards to ps plus saves and syncing, I did that since I knew there was a couple of trophies that unlocked close together when i was playing to try and complete it early last year. The trophies I earned since I hid it were on the 27th. I think this is a little unfair as I have tried to do everything right after being told about the rules. Yes, I should have read the rules and known, I just didn't think anything of it when I used PS plus. 

17 minutes ago, Ian_Iguana said:

I definitely hid that game on or before the 26th. Since learning what is allowed in regards to ps plus saves and syncing, I did that since I knew there was a couple of trophies that unlocked close together when i was playing to try and complete it early last year. The trophies I earned since I hid it were on the 27th. I think this is a little unfair as I have tried to do everything right after being told about the rules. Yes, I should have read the rules and known, I just didn't think anything of it when I used PS plus. 

You couldn't have hidden it before the 26th because the game was reported before that.  

1 hour ago, Ian_Iguana said:

The thing here is that you likely hid MC3 as a response to SF4 being flagged. Right? It might be true that you didn't have MC3 flagged at that point, but the person who reported you for SF4 also reported you for MC3 at the same time. These were both reported the 25th with only 20 minutes between them. When someone reports you, you aren't automatically flagged. Someone on the cheater removal team must approve the report before you get the flag. I personally approved SF4 on the 26th. Not sure about MC3, but it could have been 5 days later by another cheater removal team member. Both were reported the 25th, and the reports might have been approved at different times.

Anyway, this doesn't take away from the fact that you were first reported all the way back in May for MK vs DCU, and since then you've had plenty of time to hide them.

Yea, I'm definitely not disputing I hid the game before it was reported. Not entirely sure about the date, but yes it was in response to the two flags I received. Does it show up as flagged straight away for me because I didn't see the flag before I hid it(mvc3). As for mkvsdc, I'm not sure when that was approved, I only hid that when I saw the flag in January. Didn't you say it too possibly only got approved then? In any case, I had no idea as I never received any notification about it via email and I don't go on here very often. So how am I supposed to keep on top of things?

If this could please be removed, I would be very grateful as I do understand there needs to be a community standard set in place for everyone. Perhaps I was just a little ignorant.

At the end of the day you had a trophy list that broke the rules of the leader board (this you are aware of) and failed to hide the game before someone found it and reported you for it.

It is irrelevant when the report gets approved, the fact is you were reported for it while it was still visible on your account.

There already is a community standard set in place. What you are asking for is to break that standard by asking to have the report removed.

Saying that you did not know about the rules prior and then trying to do everything right afterwords doesn't work. you should have read the rules of the site beforehand, that's on you.

I honestly think all your flags are fair and should stay.

If you care that much about the leader boards, then start a new account now that you know the rules of the site that you need to adhere to.

I agree to an extent. You basically just repeated what I'd already said anyway. But I think the problem lies where I hadn't earned a trophy til later on or it just failed to update til much later on. That there is definitely not on me as I've no control on that. Besides, it's asking a bit much to expect someone to earn a trophy just to have details updated on here.

3 hours ago, Ian_Iguana said:

I agree to an extent. You basically just repeated what I'd already said anyway. But I think the problem lies where I hadn't earned a trophy til later on or it just failed to update til much later on. That there is definitely not on me as I've no control on that. Besides, it's asking a bit much to expect someone to earn a trophy just to have details updated on here.

You do have control over that.

Once you hide the game, you earn at least 1 trophy in any other game and then immediately sync the trophy to the network on your console, and then sync and update your profile here on psn. It is essentially instantaneous.

The reason why a trophy to be earned is a requirement is due to the way the website obtains data from Playstations servers, it is not a requirement set in place by the website itself.

So no it is not a bit much to ask of that.

Edited by AIDA_Tri-Edge

I completely understand that, in general it doesn't really sound like a lot to do. But when it comes to earning a trophy straight away when you want to, it's not that simple. Games can take time, we can't just assume that everybody has access to a game with a trophy that can be unlocked at any given time.

I believe I hid the game well before the flag showed up so therefore it should not be counted. It may have been reported at the same time as ssf4 but if that was the case then I should have been taken off the leader board at the time. 

So your complaint is that you couldn't hide your cheated trophies fast enough??? Well, we'll let the jury decide that fate...

Edited by Stevieboy
Unnecessary comment

Yea, pretty much, I've a lot to learn. I'm not allowed to use saves from ps plus since it's against the rules if they're not synced right away, no excuse really. I really should have read through the rules properly. Just didn't want to redo every single game that took ages. Some were alright and didn't make a difference but the one for this ended up unlocking a couple at the same time. So yea, not much I can do. Was just hoping people on here might have been a little lenient. But then again, I said before there is a community standard in place for a reason. But there's no need to be nasty about this, stringing me up?No need

Yeah unfortunately the report was already made before you hid your trophies.

I know that what your arguing is that you were unaware at the time you hid the game that you had been flagged for it.

But it doesn't matter, the point is someone already found your game before you did.

You argue that its unfair that it takes time in order to sync to the system once a game is hidden. The same can be said for the reports, once someone reports a game a very small team have to review, research and then approve that flag, which all takes time, it's not an instant process.

Would you be more ok with your flag if the team just instantly flagged your game without even making sure it was correct just so you knew about it quicker?

Edited by AIDA_Tri-Edge

Yea, I suppose not. It's my own fault really, it's not even about me hiding the game. If I'd synced my trophies automatically on the other ps3 then the save on the ps plus wouldn't have messed up some of the trophies on the new ps3. I have it on auto sync now though :)

Tell me,aside from being unable to be on the leaderboards, is there anything else I can't do on here?I've only really used this website to look at the sessions for a few games so don't know a lot about everything you can do on here.

Being over the flag limit (3) just keep outta of leaderboards, that's it, everything else is available for you, including game sessions, these forums, all your stats and trophies, chat, everything else outside leaderboards still is accessible for you.

If I might an advice, could you try to recover your previous ps3 and synch your trophies there?

That would get rid of any flags since older timestamps overwriter newer ones, in short it will show you unlock those trophies in the correct order.

I still have it, it turns on but nothing shows up. If I ever do get it repaired in the future I could perhaps look into that. So old times on trophies go over the new ones even if theyre unlocked?What about new ones, do they go over old ones because could I back my newer ps3 stuff up and delete it all. Then put my account back on with brand new save and redo the trophies again from scratch before syncing onto the system. Would something like that work?

I understand your predicament but unfortunately there is no legitimate way to replace timestamps other than re-syncing older ones. The only way to re-appear on the leaderboards at this point is to start a new account. If that doesn't concern you, then you are still free to use every other feature on this site as other users have pointed out above.

Yea it doesn't worry me too much. Maybe I can do something with the older console at some point in time. Would it matter if I did resync from that even though I've already got the flags?

Can somebody confirm or deny that if I managed to resync my old trophies that I'd earned from the old console with the older original dates at some stage in the future possibly, would that remove the flags on here.