Ian_Iguana

Ian_Iguana's Dispute

36 posts in this topic

Yes it would. Of you resync with the correct times simply post in the forum again or send a msg to MMDE or grimy and they can review it.

I see, well it's something to think about. I'm not sure if it's possible or not but I wonder if I put the hard drive from the old one into the new one if it would work. I just don't know since ones old as and the other is slim and I don't want to stuff up the new one too :S

9 minutes ago, AIDA_Tri-Edge said:

Yes it would. Of you resync with the correct times simply post in the forum again or send a msg to MMDE or grimy and they can review it.

6 minutes ago, Ian_Iguana said:

I see, well it's something to think about. I'm not sure if it's possible or not but I wonder if I put the hard drive from the old one into the new one if it would work. I just don't know since ones old as and the other is slim and I don't want to stuff up the new one too :S

It's honestly not that simple, because you can just get some hacker to do it for you or something. You'll have to PM me before you do this and we'll have to arrange something.

6 minutes ago, Ian_Iguana said:

You can't just pull one HDD outta a machine and slap it into another and have it work. You'd have to re-initilize the new HDD and format it, which would wipe the memory from it.

Damn, well I'm pretty sure that's the only way I could do it unless I paid to have the old console fixed. Been told it's the circuitboard which costs quite a bit apparently. I don't think I'd be able to sort this anytime soon then, but you would want me to message you about it if I ever plan to in the future?

33 minutes ago, Ian_Iguana said:

Damn, well I'm pretty sure that's the only way I could do it unless I paid to have the old console fixed. Been told it's the circuitboard which costs quite a bit apparently. I don't think I'd be able to sort this anytime soon then, but you would want me to message you about it if I ever plan to in the future?

What exactly is the issue with the console? Like can you turn it on at all?

Yea, sometimes it turns on but when it does it doesn't display anything and will turn off after a min or so. I've tried changing hdmi cable and using the rca cable and holding down power button etc. It's seen better days. But hey, I'm not too worried. If I do ever fix it then awesome but I can still do everything on here anyway like the game sessions. I just don't like any abuse from others in the forums that's all.

On 2/1/2018 at 4:27 AM, Sergen said:

@starcrunch061, there's no evidence to indicate that he hid the games before the flags were approved. I've seen @MMDE warn people not to mention other games that a person can be flagged for, because if they hide the game before the flag is approved then the leniency limit for their flagged games won't kick in. 

On 2/1/2018 at 5:56 AM, MMDE said:

He can't be flagged unless the games are still on the profile. The two last games were flagged with less than 20 minutes difference, and he wouldn't have noticed before 2 days later when the first of the reports were approved.

And no, they won't get lifted if they were correct.

Thank you for the clarifications.

11 hours ago, Ian_Iguana said:

Yea, sometimes it turns on but when it does it doesn't display anything and will turn off after a min or so. I've tried changing hdmi cable and using the rca cable and holding down power button etc. It's seen better days. But hey, I'm not too worried. If I do ever fix it then awesome but I can still do everything on here anyway like the game sessions. I just don't like any abuse from others in the forums that's all.

As MMDE pointed out, if you ever fix your old ps3, just talk to him before synching so he can review if everything is legit, then once it's done you can be sure he will lift all flags if the older timestamps are okay. Unfortunately, you can't swap the hdd from old ps3 to the newer one and synch from since if you take out a hdd from a ps3 and put it on another, it will ask to completely wiped out all data on it, so don't try since it would ruin any chances of recovering and synch the older timestamps for the games you're currently flagged.

I see you're trying to be very honest to everything that has happened so I must congratulate you for being like this, not all users are so forthcoming and admit their errors. If your old ps3 can still turn on even if for a few seconds, it's not entirely dead. I can offer two suggestions for your case: You could try a homemade repair to YLOD issues using a heatgun or even a hairdryer to heat the motherboard of your old ps3, which could give enough time for you to setup it up to the internet again and synch your trophy list on that console. Or a second option would be to send to repair technician and do a good REFLOW on your ps3, this option ofc would cost much more but it's a much more stable fix and if doesn't repair correctly the first time you can always ask the technician repair up to the point you can synch your trophies.

Some words of warning: A homemade repair to any broken ps3 can make it last as much as 10 minutes to maybe a month or so, a good reflow done by a technician usually last at least 3 months. If you don't have any knowledge of how to fix your electronics, don't even try messing your ps3, it will end up in state where you cannot recover it anymore.

Edited by Otonio_Bruno

Yea thanks for all the advice. I've done a fair bit of research online before  and it's exactly as you say, can probably do it myself or have someone more experienced to look at it. If I do though then that'll be good. With resyncing on the old ps3 will it matter that I think I earned a few trophies from some of those games that I hadn't earned in the old one. I think there were mission type ones in 1 or 2 games. How will they be verified as okay?  

41 minutes ago, Ian_Iguana said:

Yea thanks for all the advice. I've done a fair bit of research online before  and it's exactly as you say, can probably do it myself or have someone more experienced to look at it. If I do though then that'll be good. With resyncing on the old ps3 will it matter that I think I earned a few trophies from some of those games that I hadn't earned in the old one. I think there were mission type ones in 1 or 2 games. How will they be verified as okay?  

As said, PM me before you sync any of those trophies. Else, the flag will just stick.