Ps+ Feb 2018

Gwendly

Knack for PS+? Well, it's been like 5 bucks on so many sales that whoever was remotely interested in it would have bought it already.

Spelunker HD is great though, IMO, but that's if you're into old school platformers! However, it has 9 DLCs, which all should be very cheap, but looks like we get the normal edition which doesn't have them all in it. I know I paid like 2USD per DLC. Each DLC is basically another 10 levels with 2 silver and 1 gold trophy.

I wrote trophy guide for the DLCs back in the day, I will finish my porting of them to PSNP before they become PS+! :) 

The main game without exploits is like 4/10 difficulty with a little bit of time to get into the game, with exploits it's like 3/10. The DLCs on the other hand, without exploits, they are like 10/10... still say 6/10 with exploits. Only 70 people have it 100%, and it being PS+ will probably make the trophies way more rare.

Edited by MMDE

32 minutes ago, mking_63 said:

I guess my luck had to finally run out, first time in having PS+ for almost a year that I already owned one of the games being offered. Knack, which I picked up for a couple of bucks in some PSN sale quite a while ago. It was a fun action game which sadly wore out it's welcome with all the grinding required to get all the diamonds for the plat.

Has anyone checked if all those Spelunker DLC's are free additional content?

When I looked on the store, it seems you can buy the bundle of DLC's for $10.99 USD or $1.99 each.  So sadly not free :(

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

When I looked on the store, it seems you can buy the bundle of DLC's for $10.99 USD or $1.99 each.  So sadly not free :(

But, the DLCs are about as much content as the main game itself. And the trophies? They are worth about a whole trophy list with plat more. ;)

Yeah, I will get the DLC guides ported! :P  

2018_01_31_21h11_17.png

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Oh, Sony, when are you just going to let Knack die? It's just a meme at this point. :P

Grand Kingdom is the highlight for me this month, although I already own it physically - I just haven't gotten around to playing it yet. The game looks really fun, though! Make sure you guys give this one a download. 

I've only seen a few trailers for Rime. It looked cool from the few trailers I saw way back when, but I remember the devs had some sort of falling out with Sony, and it kind of suggested the game wasn't going to turn out very good. I guess people seem to like it, though, so I'll give it a try.

I'm interested in Mugen Souls Z, but it's a sequel to a game with a ridiculously grindy plat, so I imagine it's more of the same. I probably wouldn't understand what's going on in the story if I just jumped into the sequel. I'll give it a download but I doubt I'll ever play it; not with the backlog I have...

I don't know anything about the other games, but either way, it seems like a pretty good month.

KNACK BABY!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WE KNACK NOW

I was thinking of getting a tactical RPG so grand kingdom is cool too

Not interested in RiME, may try Mugen Souls but backlog.... 

Gonna miss people ironically asking for Knack each month for ps+  though ;_; getting ready for Knack to make my passion born again as if I was a kid all over ago, knack hype off charts. 

Edited by AlchemyAwesome

Well, as someone who enjoyed the living shit out of Knack, preordered both of them and platinum'd the first, this is still a shit month.

Hopefully more people play Knack, hopefully more people learn to love Knack, but beyond that, it's a shit month as per usual. A handful of cheap little indies and an old launch game that tanked like crazy and has been sold for around five bucks on PSN countless times.

Please do play Knack though. It's quite fun and deserved better.

5 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

No, IGC never repeats games. There was a glitch in the Austrailian PSN store which gave Knack 2 for free, so maybe that's what you're remembering.

It was free for Japan a couple of months ago. Could be thinking of that, too. 

Now that the full lineup is out, ehhh... RiME is probably all I see myself playing.