Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NERVergoproxy

PSN name change

48 posts in this topic

So how many of you want to change your PSN name? why isnt this service available?? I heard other countries can change their PSN name but why cant US? Will it be available when PS4 comes out? I will pay even if its a service that cost.

So how many of you want to change your PSN name? why isnt this service available?? I heard other countries can change their PSN name but why cant US? Will it be available when PS4 comes out? I will pay even if its a service that cost.

The same applies here in Europe, no name change.  I know x box 360 has a unique serial number that is linked to your account allowing name change to be possible. Not to sure how sony do it. I am hoping ps4 allows this as i'm sick of my usename.

I'd probably change my username to something more original if given the chance, and I think we will be given that option when the PlayStation 4 releases. Other countries can't change their PSN name but I do believe in Japan they can add a nickname or something like that.

Parker

Other countries can't change their PSN name but I do believe in Japan they can add a nickname or something like that.

Parker

Parker is correct, no country can change their username BUT Japanese accounts are able to add a nickname.

Only thing I want to change Is to cap the front letter, so it won't be valomek anymore but instead be Valomek. But I must say I find it weird that we can't change it.

every time I come across a thread like this all I would say is," next time, don't be so hasty. :hmm: "

or U could be carrying da same complaint over to da PS4.

but to answer da Op's question, no. da thought of changing My Gamer tag has never been a issue for Me. B)

I like my gamer tag.  It has become the name I use on all things I need a username for.

I'm very happy with my name, but thats just because I was fortunate enough to get it. I could see people not like their name though. It would be better if people could change their usernames. There are so many accounts out there that aren't being used and that number is going to just keep growing until people can just change their name. 

if u can change names then it would be hard to find u as a new psn friend!!(i thought its was the main reason y sony not letting us to change our user name!!) btw, i love my use name! if u don't like it, don't make that name at the first place!! :pimp:

Nope, I'm happy with mine. I wouldn't change it for the world  :wub:

As for having the service available, yeah I suppose it would be good for some people. But if you changed your username would your old one become available for others to use? I doubt it. So basically it would speed up the process of "username not available".

As for having the service available, yeah I suppose it would be good for some people. But if you changed your username would your old one become available for others to use? I doubt it. So basically it would speed up the process of "username not available".

A lot of good points in this thread, but this one hits home for me.  The only thing I'd change is the front letter being capital...maybe.  Otherwise, I've had this username for the longest time and it's unique enough that I want to keep it going strong for myself :D

Why would you doubt it since with the X360 at least if you change your username the old name becomes available for anybody to claim and surely if SONY implemented name changes that would also happen.

I would probably remove the Caps and the "-" if they allowed spaces for usernames

I wouldn't change it at all. Took me a lot of time to think mine and now I'm very attached to it :)

I would like to change it too. I made mine when I was 9 years old, it's not that I don't like it but... I would like it to be smaller, and just different sometimes.

I was upset when I couldn't change it, now I've assumed that I'm stuck with it, at least in PS3. It doesn't bother me, but I would change it if I had the possibility

i still love my name. to be honest and very blunt with everyone who wants to change their name it is your own fault. some people have names that aren't very creative and there is no one to blame but yourself since everyone knows that you can't change your name so when picking a user name you should be thinking very hard about a name that you like that you will not get sick of. Hope i didn't offend anyone that was not my intention just stating what i think.

i still love my name. to be honest and very blunt with everyone who wants to change their name it is your own fault. some people have names that aren't very creative and there is no one to blame but yourself since everyone knows that you can't change your name so when picking a user name you should be thinking very hard about a name that you like that you will not get sick of. Hope i didn't offend anyone that was not my intention just stating what i think.

I agree. However, there are people like me that create it at a very young age. Then I grow up and I don't want to use it anymore, but it's everywhere :S

I don't even like Sonic anymore! I mean, it's cool but not for the name :D

While it is my own fault for choosing this name, I would love to change it too.

I'm mostly happy with mine. Plus I've met great people through psn with this name, so I wouldn't change it.  :wub:

well... Its not that I wanna change everything but I swear I had it not all CAPS, but then it changed to all CAPS. Wth Sony.

I like my gamer tag.  It has become the name I use on all things I need a username for.

I agree 100% with Sir_Bee :)

I once thought I would change my name to Friendly Rory - but to be quite honest I cant be arsed with the hassle of people sending FR's all the fecking time.

I thought of Caring Rory, but well I don't generally.

I thought of Well Hung Rory, but I am Irish so no one would believe it.

I thought of Sober Rory, but - well see above.

and then I thought of GSOH Rory and then I reckoned people would think if me as fat

so in the end I dont think I will bother changing it, as I feel its the most honest gamer name I have seen -

Except for "IHaveASmallPenis" which happened to be a girl.....