And the Award For Worst Publisher Goes To...(Glitches etc.)

PSNPIsToxic

Oh THQ Nordic how we adore you.....

Release a game that has TWO distance related trophies ('Mille Bournes' & 'Deux Mille Bournes') completely unattainable, realize the clear error & then release a patch MONTHS later which fixes the issue with those two particular trophies BUT THEN RENDERS OVER THREE DIFFERENT TROPHIES UNATTAINABLE, ALL OF WHICH WERE PREVIOUSLY FINE!!!

Fortunately the game itself is very straightforward with practically no trophies pushing past a 5/10 difficulty, yet if you were to hand pick a game whereby trophies do not register as/when they should....a game centering almost entirely around endurance (cough....GRINDING....cough) would be fairly high on the list? Completing the Baja 1000 requires a minimum of 2 hours and that is a painful undertaking when one is left completely unsure whether or not it will result in the stated 'reward'....which comes to my/THE following specifics.

As of my platinum (and with the latest horror patch) THIRTEEN separate trophies were seemingly inaccessible ('Won all ____ races' and obviously the 250, 500 & 1000 Baja related races.) I would fulfil the requirements on countless occasions both in career and free play to no avail. I did not understand. Yet eventually it became evident that one has to win ALL the races in a particular place (including the rally races) IN ONE SITTING and then specifically NOT attempt any others until that specific trophy has popped. It will not trigger instantly either. I had to wait up to 5 HOURS afterwards for it to eventually register (on average it requires 20 minutes to a few hours.) However the Baja race trophies are still completely impossible to unlock as of my platinum....

There is a potential saving grace (which is the only way in which i obtained the platinum) for those whom have the disc version of the game though. I purchased the digital copy and this obviously means the SECOND patch was/is applied by default. If you already have the distance related trophies which were the 'only' (glares) issue with the original patch then buying the disc version will leave the player in a position to prevent the second patch being utilized.....whereas permitting THQ Nordic's latest idea of a solution to be applied will render the aforementioned trophies as readily available as a Colin McRae meet & greet.

In closing? THQ Nordic refuse to even reply or acknowledge their misgivings. Not even a cursory 'we have forwarded your concerns to ____' nonsense. No communication. No further patch (after months.) No interest. If you want an exhilirating, immersive, trophy laden voyage across the dirt....hijack Trump's state car, head for the border & do the world a favour.....otherwise steer (winks) clear of Baja: Platinum of No Control!

Edited by TheFoundling

On 07/02/2018 at 8:27 AM, Rankaisija84 said:

Also those buy 15 and 25 vehicles trophies are bugged. i have over 30 purchaced

Indeed those particular trophies (much like the rest) ARE bugged.....HOWEVER.....do not fret, they are merely delayed (as i outlined in the original post) and the vehicle trophies WILL unlock for you at a random time (often mid-race) for no particular reason. Keep the faith!

On 11-2-2018 at 1:26 PM, TheFoundling said:

Indeed those particular trophies (much like the rest) ARE bugged.....HOWEVER.....do not fret, they are merely delayed (as i outlined in the original post) and the vehicle trophies WILL unlock for you at a random time (often mid-race) for no particular reason. Keep the faith!

So you just have to keep going, to unlock the glitched ones?

8 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

So you just have to keep going, to unlock the glitched ones?

That would depend upon which trophies you are referring to? If you read my original post I outline the trophies whereby one must win all races/rally in a particular locale and then WAIT to receive said trophy notification....otherwise if you proceed directly onwards, whatever you will then be doing erases the trophy progress you had previously made in that location (very peculiar bug.)

Win everything associated to said location (including their 3 Rally's) & then leave the game on the title screen until the trophy dings. Restart the game and then go for the next location. Only sure fire method I found.

As for Rankaisija84's issue? The vehicle related trophies will indeed pop if you just continue on your merry way. No waiting required or alternative method to expedite the process.

Good luck.... 

1 minute ago, ElBolovo said:

Damn, I was hopping to pick the game the next time it would be on sale. So basically, if I start now, I can't get the plat and the mofos don't even give us feedback?

They still appears to support the game or they don't speak of it at all?

Drive far away from this desert nightmare pal. I have never encountered anything akin to the torture associated with around 12 trophies on Baja: Platinum of NO Control.

I repeat I had to buy a physical copy of the game ON TOP of the digital monstrosity just to unlock the Baja 250, 500 & 1000 race trophies which are COMPLETELY BUGGED & IMPOSSIBLE for all those with the digital version.

What kind of dev's release a patch to correct TWO trophies which were glitched & unobtainable.....THEN SCREW UP TWELVE OTHER TROPHIES WITH THE NEW UPDATE???

THQ Nordic = Fantastic comics but s*** publishers and/or game developers.....

• Like 1

THQ Nordic - "Yeah, a gamer named TheFoundling started a thread on PSNProfiles.com saying we are the worst video game publisher. . ."

Trion Worlds - "Fuck that shit, WE earned that recognition with our glitched trophies and shitty support in Defiance! THQ, hold our beer! . . ."?

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

THQ Nordic - "Yeah, a gamer named TheFoundling started a thread on PSNProfiles.com saying we are the worst video game publisher. . ."

Trion Worlds - "Fuck that shit, WE earned that recognition with our glitched trophies and shitty support in Defiance! THQ, hold our beer! . . ."1f37a.png

I completely jinxed myself by granting THQ Nordic with said erm.....'prestigious' distinction because only a handful of games later I encountered the utter despair associated with Snowball Games/Xuebao Games on 'Fishing Master' VR. SIX trophies COMPLETELY unobtainable (including the plat') & the publishers with less than 50 employees who have gone COMPLETELY AWOL since the game launched without even checking (let alone responding) to their social media which is the only means of contact & not a single patch released....

At least THQ Nordic had a contact FEATURE on their website (even though they ignore all messages) & technically all trophies on the game ARE obtainable with an obscene amount of time/effort (as I detailed.) This all MEANS THQ Nordic may have to be stripped & Snowball Games/Xuebao Games may have to be instated with said award....

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, ElBolovo said:

I see some people are getting some of the trophies that you complained in this topic, like the Baja 1000. Someone can confirm if they finally fixed it?

If you read my post(s) I did make clear all trophies WERE attainable at the time of my Plat' run. Yet the hassle involved of having to own one version of the game for the distance related trophies & another version (pre-patch) for the locale & Baja trophies to pop was/is beyond hassle.

I hope THQ Nordic FINALLY did release another patch to correct their pitiful negligence. I shall keep an eye out & definitely share ElBolovo's interest as to whether the trophy issues have been ironed out. Fingers crossed. ?

Edited by TheFoundling

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2018 at 11:36 PM, TheFoundling said:

If you read my post(s) I did make clear all trophies WERE attainable at the time of my Plat' run. Yet the hassle involved of having to own one version of the game for the distance related trophies & another version (pre-patch) for the locale & Baja trophies to pop was/is beyond hassle.

I hope THQ Nordic FINALLY did release another patch to correct their pitiful negligence. I shall keep an eye out & definitely share ElBolovo's interest as to whether the trophy issues have been ironed out. Fingers crossed. 1f64f.png

Can u get plat on digital???

On 3/26/2018 at 1:07 AM, demonviper666 said:

Can u get plat on digital???

I didn't resist the low price in the sale and got mine on digital and so far so good. I even just completed a Baja 250 in free play (in a single sitting) to see if it would pop, and it popped in less than 5 second after I crossed the finish line. 

Edit: Just checked my stats, I still didn't get my "Won 5 Invitational Races" trophy. I have 7 wins (in multiple sittings) and it didn't pop. These event wins are shown in my career statistics, but not in the Invitational selection menu, so maybe now I need to win 5 times the same invitational, many things to test. (Or maybe races really mean races, rally isn't valid for the total tally)

I'm just lucky that for some reason I liked this game, so I will carry on and if the plat don't unlock, it will not be a huge loss for me. I will keep everyone updated in my quest. 

Edit 2: Just got win all nevada races in two sittings, I completed all the individual races yesterday, completed 2 rallies today. I saw in another place that 3 rallies where needed, if it's true, campaign is counting in these trophies too. If not, at least I can do it in multiple sittings.

Edit 3: Just got win 5 invitational races completing a race, so my theory of only "circuit racing" is valid stands.

Edit 4: Just got all Painted Desert wins in career mode, so it's valid.

Edit 5: Got doubled screwed up now. Yesterday, first I completed 100% of my career, but the trophy didn't pop. After some search, it seems like you need to win EVERY race and stage, not just the overall points (in championships) or best overall time on rally events, but I can't confirm it yet. The worst case was today, I completed the Baja 1000 in one sitting, feeling safe because I got the Baja 250 trophy before, but the sucker didn't pop like it should be. Also, I'm suspecting that Total Loss is glitched, but I can't be sure if I really demolished everything I could in my trophy truck. Overall, THE TROPHIES ONLY UNLOCKS WHEN THEY FELL LIKE IT. 

Edited by ElBolovo
more things.
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...