Deleting User Profile Issue

gamelord-2007

I was wondering how long does it take for a user profile to be deleted? I am deleting my profile but all I have seen is a "Please wait" screen and has been there for about 30 mins to an hour now and nothing has happened since. The HDD is flashing and the loading circle is still going but I have no idea if anything is happening or is it stuck. Does it usually take a long time for a profile to be deleted or would it depend on how many stuff you have with that profile that gets deleted?

Just now, PermaFox said:

On your PS controller, when you press the PS button in the middle, what happens?

I haven't done anything yet but if I were shutdown via the PS controller button, would that fix the issue or would that just make things worse? Don't want to do it if it ends up messing up my PS3.

Well, you can give it another 30 minutes but eventually you will need to make a decision.  Shutting down the PS3 from the XMB or from the PS button on the controller would be the correct and safe way to do it.  Is this a master account you are trying to delete or a user account?

• Like 1

Just now, PermaFox said:

Well, you can give it another 30 minutes but eventually you will need to make a decision.  Shutting down the PS3 from the XMB or from the PS button on the controller would be the correct and safe way to do it.  Is this a master account you are trying to delete or a user account?

Master account I think.  

1 minute ago, PermaFox said:

I'm assuming you have created a new account and assigned it as your master account?

No cause I went to delete my account due to joining a hacked server on World At War which popped some trophies and not wanting them on my profile, was forced to delete the account so I followed the thread for removing the illegitimate trophies from my account by deleting my profile as soon as I backed up my saves and as soon as I confirmed the deletion gave me the "Please wait" screen that I have had for what is about two hours now.

50 minutes ago, gamelord-2007 said:

Well I just shutdown my PS3 via the PS button on the controller and was able to re-create my account so nothing bad thus far so now I am syncing my profile and just hope those illegitimate trophies are not there when I sync my profile.

Good!  And, thanks to @PermaFox for all the suggestions!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, gamelord-2007 said:

Well I just shutdown my PS3 via the PS button on the controller and was able to re-create my account so nothing bad thus far so now I am syncing my profile and just hope those illegitimate trophies are not there when I sync my profile.

Yay!!!  Keep me posted!

Well the PS3 seems to be fine. I guess it was an infinite loop like @EternalChaos72 said. The illegitimate trophies were gone although the trophy sync was very slow and took a long to sync before I could even confirm they were gone and hopefully I will still be able to get them

• Like 1