Kill stats not recorded

Nitro

Hey guys, so I was wondering if there was a way around the error that doesnt save the kills. Because I did about 1000 kills one night but only a handful saved cause of the "Stats might not count" error. Is there anyway around this to make sure the kills save (so when I start KZ3MP Standalone the corresponding trophies unlock).

XP is saving fine though, so that is not an issue.

P.S: Just thought I'd mention that I get the error before the match and have the option to quit. But I get it on 9/10 games I get into. Thanks.

14 hours ago, Nitro said:

Hey guys, so I was wondering if there was a way around the error that doesnt save the kills. Because I did about 1000 kills one night but only a handful saved cause of the "Stats might not count" error. Is there anyway around this to make sure the kills save (so when I start KZ3MP Standalone the corresponding trophies unlock).

XP is saving fine though, so that is not an issue.

P.S: Just thought I'd mention that I get the error before the match and have the option to quit. But I get it on 9/10 games I get into. Thanks.

I like to know aswell. 

It's just luck I think. If you get a server that won't save just quit and try a  different mode/map. The problem is that even when it doesn't say it won't save, you might lose some progress when you check the next day. Probably best to grind out as much as you can in one sitting it seems.

6 hours ago, TehCro said:

It's just luck I think. If you get a server that won't save just quit and try a  different mode/map. The problem is that even when it doesn't say it won't save, you might lose some progress when you check the next day. Probably best to grind out as much as you can in one sitting it seems.

Get all the kills in one match or without quitting?

Edited by Nitro

From what I experienced, if you get the message saying stats might not save upon joining, stats will never save (for me this applied to both kills and XP), so do not grind xp/kills unless you can join a match without the message. However even without the message, your stats might be set back next time you play online.

One tip I can give, if you have just connected to the MP, your first match will not give you the message. Everytime you do get the message, you also would not be able to connect to the MP. So instead of searching and quitting everytime you get the message, connect to MP, play one match, then quit from the MP menu and connect again. It might take 10 min every game, but once you connect, your next game will save your stats. This might sound contradictory to the first paragraph, but by doing this, you do not risk to getting your stats set back, as long as it's just 15-20 min (don't know the exact limit) between the matches. 

For multiplayer standalone the best is to do everything in one sitting. When you didnt get error before match, your stats at least will save locally and this is enough for getting exp/kills related trophies. I played on one evening and get 400k exp but when started game again on another day I had only 200k and finished from 200k to 625k in one sitting. 

You can also ask your friend if he can check on friends leaderbords how many points you "really" have but this still will not help tou with recording your progress

Because of the upcoming server closure I decided to finally get the online trophies for Killzone 3 so I can still plat the game some time in the future. Yesterday I tried connecting and it did't even allow me to pick a region. This morning that finally worked and I managed to connect. But then I got an error saying it would not be able to track my progress. Don't care too much for that as I only play for the non-DLC trophies anyway. But still, it looks like once the servers close for good, you will hardly be able to tell the difference :P

Last night and tonight, spent two hours trying to join. Have two consoles, one wired connection the other wireless. Can rarely connect to MP and when I do find a game it says stats wont save. I played this a month 2 months ago and had no issues. Only have two trophies left and am starting to freak out. Is this normal? Should I try again in a few days, or different time of day? Router settings? AHHH

6 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

Last night and tonight, spent two hours trying to join. Have two consoles, one wired connection the other wireless. Can rarely connect to MP and when I do find a game it says stats wont save. I played this a month 2 months ago and had no issues. Only have two trophies left and am starting to freak out. Is this normal? Should I try again in a few days, or different time of day? Router settings? AHHH

Yeah this is the new normal now. Just keep on trying, the stats will save eventually. If you wanna rank up quickly, just play Warzone, once there's no error popping up saying the stats/kills won't be save, arm and disarm the bomb when Search and Destroy mission start. Do that and you will rank up in no time. 

1 hour ago, MSIA_pokwee said:

Yeah this is the new normal now. Just keep on trying, the stats will save eventually. If you wanna rank up quickly, just play Warzone, once there's no error popping up saying the stats/kills won't be save, arm and disarm the bomb when Search and Destroy mission start. Do that and you will rank up in no time. 

is it to the point where I shouldn't bother with the KZ3MP?

36 minutes ago, Nitro said:

is it to the point where I shouldn't bother with the KZ3MP?

If you're going after KZ3 MP standalone plat, yeah I wouldn't bother going after it especially if you're self boosting, getting 1k kills is going to a pain in the ass that's for sure. But if you have a group of people boosting the 1k kills, that might lessen the ass pain but still annoying tho because there's no surefire way to make the game stats/kills save. Base KZ3 on the other hand are doable, only one trophy (excluding DLC) that requires you to save stats which is 'Grand Slam' - Win Warzone, Operations, & Bodycount at least once. 

43 minutes ago, TheGwynbleidd said:

Do you guys know if this error applies to the main game and its dlc? I m not interested in the mp standalone. Will I have trouble boosting?

Yes, applies to all. But as soon ad you can connect to the MP menu you can knock out most trophies easily, as you don't have to care too much about stats saving. Along with the wins mentioned above for the main game, you will need the stats to save to unlock a few perks and a weapon just by ranking up, but it's not bad at all.

• Like 2

Your mileage may vary. The best thing to do is just try for yourself. I started the base game multiplayer on Sunday and have only 2 trophies left now. Even though it told me each time that it could not save my stats (error 20002) before a game, I still got the gold trophy for winning all three game types yesterday evening. So it seems that as long as you are able to connect to a server, you should be OK.

I only need the trophy for killing someone at the Highway map with the robot thing and play a game as part of a squad.

So I am Playing the Standalone mp. Kept trying last night with my two ps3's. Would search for match at the same time and finally it started working. 1 out of 3 matches said stats would not save so I backed out and searched again. Only need 50,000 more XP and about 50 kills... So damn close.

Edited by Afro_Gear

OK, three nights in and just popped my kills and max XP trophy for KZ3 MP standalone. Constant issues with connecting and stats not saving. However, I found an almost sure fire way to get the stat message to go away. Whenever I was stuck with that message it would repeat constantly no matter how many times I backed out to the main menu or even quit the game. But I kid you not, a total console shutdown and reboot fixed it every time. not sure why it works but it did for me. Give it a try!

2 hours ago, EternalChaos72 said:

Wow the servers have really gone to shit, i know people are in a rush to get this platted before the servers closes. I remember not having any problems with the servers on any KZ game, but this was 2011/2012. 

I played it in Dec/ Early January and had no issues at all. Left for a while to get KZ2 done and came back beginning of February and it totally fell apart. Must have been servers on their last legs and then a huge influx of players and then it went tits up. 

Edited by Afro_Gear
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2018 at 1:56 AM, Afro_Gear said:

So I am Playing the Standalone mp. Kept trying last night with my two ps3's. Would search for match at the same time and finally it started working. 1 out of 3 matches said stats would not save so I backed out and searched again. Only need 50,000 more XP and about 50 kills... So damn close.

Did you have issues trying to connect your two ps3s in matches? I cant seem to get them to find each other to start a match on a dlc map. Any tips?

8 hours ago, black__bunny said:

Did you have issues trying to connect your two ps3s in matches? I cant seem to get them to find each other to start a match on a dlc map. Any tips?

@black__bunny Make sure both consoles are set to the same region. Then make sure you set map preferences to the same on both for the game mode you are searching for. Then search for game at same time. It eventually worked. Restarting console also seemed to help. See below:

On 2/13/2018 at 10:07 PM, Afro_Gear said:

OK, three nights in and just popped my kills and max XP trophy for KZ3 MP standalone. Constant issues with connecting and stats not saving. However, I found an almost sure fire way to get the stat message to go away. Whenever I was stuck with that message it would repeat constantly no matter how many times I backed out to the main menu or even quit the game. But I kid you not, a total console shutdown and reboot fixed it every time. not sure why it works but it did for me. Give it a try!

8 hours ago, black__bunny said:

After a few hours, I also had this issue. Making a new alt-account did the trick for some reason. Never happend again.