JackReacher_1994

Far Cry 5 Season Pass!

124 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Kapika96 said:

Which would be like $140 in Canada. So yeah... what's he complaining about? It's Europeans that are getting shafted again :P

damn you're right didnt know can $ is so much higher than us lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tusked-Lattice said:

Damn people praising season passes and day one DLC I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Yup, "oh the price isn't that bad"  uhhhh what? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DARKB1KE said:

Yup, "oh the price isn't that bad"  uhhhh what? 

Maybe I'm just deluded or something but I just remember when companies released a full game with no season pass or other anti consumer bullshit and you just paid for a whole game.

 

Or maybe there is something about this game specifically? Because I know people get enraged when Activision or EA do similar things. 

In fact didn't Call of Duty do something like this and people were pissed? 

 

Edit 

HOLY SHIT THERE'S A DELUXE EDITION AND A GOLD EDITION FUCK UBISOFT! 

Edited by Tusked-Lattice
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8.3.2018 at 6:44 AM, Tusked-Lattice said:

Maybe I'm just deluded or something but I just remember when companies released a full game with no season pass or other anti consumer bullshit and you just paid for a whole game.

 

Or maybe there is something about this game specifically? Because I know people get enraged when Activision or EA do similar things. 

In fact didn't Call of Duty do something like this and people were pissed? 

 

Edit 

HOLY SHIT THERE'S A DELUXE EDITION AND A GOLD EDITION FUCK UBISOFT! 

i totally aggree with you games should only have two editions 

standard and collectors

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2018 at 6:44 PM, Tusked-Lattice said:

Maybe I'm just deluded or something but I just remember when companies released a full game with no season pass or other anti consumer bullshit and you just paid for a whole game.

 

Or maybe there is something about this game specifically? Because I know people get enraged when Activision or EA do similar things. 

In fact didn't Call of Duty do something like this and people were pissed? 

 

Edit 

HOLY SHIT THERE'S A DELUXE EDITION AND A GOLD EDITION FUCK UBISOFT! 

 

The whole consumer thing is something the industry could do without, correct. But I will make an exception for funky space fighting, vietnam flashback inducing, post apocalyptic hunting coop open world simulator. Oh, and Far Cry 3. Mmmm... Far Cry 3... Wait. What were we talking about again?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Gold edition of Far Cry 5 adds Far Cry 3 classic on your PS4, but does it have trophies for the FC3 game??

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MRTheChez said:

The Gold edition of Far Cry 5 adds Far Cry 3 classic on your PS4, but does it have trophies for the FC3 game??

I'm sure it will look what they did with south park stick of truth and that had a new trophy list

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MRTheChez said:

The Gold edition of Far Cry 5 adds Far Cry 3 classic on your PS4, but does it have trophies for the FC3 game??

 

It will because the game is going to be released on the Xbox one also and Microsoft always had the whole "if you release a game on our system, it has to have achievements" so they will most likely keep both games the same. The only game I've seen on both systems where one doesn't have trophies but it has achievements is Onigiri. (Other than the games that were released before the trophy system)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my gold edition for only 80. Thank you best buy gamers club lol 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, malachi1987 said:

Got my gold edition for only 80. Thank you best buy gamers club lol 

 

 

Yep, Games Club is great. I'm surprised more people don't use it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, how is DLC anti-consumer?  They're making more content for a game.  How is that a bad thing?  If you don't want it then don't buy it.  Meanwhile I will buy it because I want it and I will probably enjoy it.  If I don't enjoy it then that's okay as well.  Also, what's with this you used to get a full game on release?  I bet if you don't buy the season pass you will still get a complete game, with a single player campaign, multiplayer, and a map editor.

 

I'm getting the Gold Edition on Tuesday and can't wait.  It's the first time buying the most expensive version of a game on day one.  I've got a 20% coupon and $35 dollars in trophy credit so I'll only end up spending $37 before taxes.  I've been super pumped for this game since it was announced.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Far Cry team definitely has some things figured out that the rest of Ubisoft needs to take note of.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Splathew said:

 

 

Yep, Games Club is great. I'm surprised more people don't use it.

I use amazon prime and I think it's the same discount. But I bought this one on PSN because I wanted the avatar.

Edited by NutellaOrgies
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NutellaOrgies said:

I use amazon prime and I think it's the same discount. But I bought this one on PSN because I wanted the avatar.

What's good about gamer pass is it's a constant 20% off not just for pre ordering and also best buy will match Amazon as long as it's sold and shipped by them. So I get games hella cheap

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, malachi1987 said:

What's good about gamer pass is it's a constant 20% off not just for pre ordering and also best buy will match Amazon as long as it's sold and shipped by them. So I get games hella cheap

 

 

Ahh that's good to know, might look into it. Don't think I'll use it anyway since I use amazon for a lot of things other than games and that 20% discount on preorders is just icing on the cake. I swear the UPS guy comes to my house at least 4 times a week 😂

Edited by NutellaOrgies
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NutellaOrgies said:

 

 

Ahh that's good to know, might look into it. Don't think I'll use it anyway since I use amazon for a lot of things other than games and that 20% discount on preorders is just icing on the cake. I swear the UPS guy comes to my house at least 4 times a week 1f602.png

It is a good edition since they also give 10 in rewards for select pre orders and if you don't want to wait the free 2 days knowing you have an alternative is always good. Plus if you're in the USA it's only 29.99 for 2 years 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/03/2018 at 5:44 AM, Tusked-Lattice said:

Maybe I'm just deluded or something but I just remember when companies released a full game with no season pass or other anti consumer bullshit and you just paid for a whole game.

 

Or maybe there is something about this game specifically? Because I know people get enraged when Activision or EA do similar things. 

In fact didn't Call of Duty do something like this and people were pissed? 

 

Edit 

HOLY SHIT THERE'S A DELUXE EDITION AND A GOLD EDITION FUCK UBISOFT! 

 

Times have changed, and in a digital era companies are able to provide more content to people for the games they love.  Surely thats a good thing as long as the game is complete and worthy, which early opinions of Far Cry 5 seem to be? 

 

Granted, a lot of companies absolutely take the piss (i.e. EA w/ Battlefront 1 Season pass) but this doesn't seem to be one of those cases.  

 

In the UK, the Game w/ Season Pass (Gold Edition) is £62.99 which in my opinion is a bargain.    in The UK, AAA titles normally release somewhere between £49.99 - £54.99, so you're getting 3 killer looking DLC's AND a re-release of one of the series' best games for £8 - 13.   

Edited by phantomfear9494
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, malachi1987 said:

It is a good edition since they also give 10 in rewards for select pre orders and if you don't want to wait the free 2 days knowing you have an alternative is always good. Plus if you're in the USA it's only 29.99 for 2 years 

Oh damn that's the price? Lol already sold.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, NutellaOrgies said:

Oh damn that's the price? Lol already sold.

Lol my thoughts exactly.  Sadly it's how my backlog has gotten out of control

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never usally get season passes (Besides Fallout 4) but I have gotten the gold edition of the game this time as the season pass look great and isnt that much

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What date is FC3 meant to be available to season pass holders?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.