I traveled to China for my Vita

PetertheKeeper

17 minutes ago, Burkhard_lycan said:

I had an old classic Vita that had a failing battery and the oled screen was forming black spots. I loved the vita and I wanted a new one. Not just a new one, but a different color and something special. Of course the vita is no longer in circulation where I am from, so I had to come up with a plan. I could have easily have gotten one from ebay or some other online store, but you know who has a lot of Vita's? China. Specifically the black market stores and stores in hong kong. I have been to China before, seeing as how my wife is chinese, but I actually went there to visit family and also go on a wild hunt around Beijing area to find a Vita. I think in the history of systems, I have never taken something so seriously before. It was fun though, and I got my japanese region brand new Vita in dark red. 

There is no purpose to this post, I just wanted to share my love for the Vita with others. 

Never heard an history like this seriously intresting. At least you didn't pay extra charge and is good. Just a question, why you didn't purchase a limited? Some years ago i was near to win on ebay an auction for an hatsune miku project diva f limited (pure white fat ps vita if you didn't know how is it), it was at decent price i have just forgot to realaunch the price. I love vita system too, but if i had to buy another one (and if i'll buy another i jump to my 5th ps vita system ?) i'll probably buy a limited. 

Damned lucky prick with Asian wife :awesome: 

This! This is the true greatness! 

#ForLife

#ForVita

9 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

You should have gone to Japan instead. :P

4 hours ago, chellesan said:

That's nice, but Japan would be better 

He knew he would stay there instead of coming back home :awesome: 

8 hours ago, Phil said:

Wonderful story, no fucking pictures.

...where's the dislike button?

Like and then remove the like :awesome: 

#rebel

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Burkhard_lycan said:

I had an old classic Vita that had a failing battery and the oled screen was forming black spots. I loved the vita and I wanted a new one. Not just a new one, but a different color and something special. Of course the vita is no longer in circulation where I am from, so I had to come up with a plan. I could have easily have gotten one from ebay or some other online store, but you know who has a lot of Vita's? China. Specifically the black market stores and stores in hong kong. I have been to China before, seeing as how my wife is chinese, but I actually went there to visit family and also go on a wild hunt around Beijing area to find a Vita. I think in the history of systems, I have never taken something so seriously before. It was fun though, and I got my japanese region brand new Vita in dark red. 

There is no purpose to this post, I just wanted to share my love for the Vita with others. 

I love your dedication to the PSVita. I personally love my PSVita more than my PS4. Also it must have been fun visiting China in the process even though you said you already been there before.

I can upload screens if people really want. Though It looks just like a normal Vita, The packaging is in Japanese though. The one big difference is that the O and X button switch purposes on the system. 

On 2/2/2018 at 10:43 PM, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Couldnt you buy a couple new ones where you live instead of your travel cost?

Where I live, (Canada) to buy a used one can sometimes be the same price as a new one. There is no point. 

On 2/2/2018 at 6:06 PM, killer91ITA said:

Never heard an history like this seriously intresting. At least you didn't pay extra charge and is good. Just a question, why you didn't purchase a limited? Some years ago i was near to win on ebay an auction for an hatsune miku project diva f limited (pure white fat ps vita if you didn't know how is it), it was at decent price i have just forgot to realaunch the price. I love vita system too, but if i had to buy another one (and if i'll buy another i jump to my 5th ps vita system 1f602.png) i'll probably buy a limited. 

Oh man, some of those rare ones like the Final Fantasy 14 label ones (Even though that game didn't come out on Vita, so strange.) are super expensive. 

On 2/2/2018 at 6:46 PM, Phil said:

Wonderful story, no fucking pictures.

...where's the dislike button?

Did you want pictures of the Vita or of China? 

On 2/2/2018 at 6:08 PM, AlchemyAwesome said:

In the near future we will all have to travel to China to find a new Vita.

Surprised Sony hasn't bricked all Vitas on purpose with a firmware update, since they seem to have always hated it so much. 

They hate it, but the truth is that they hate them selves more for not supporting it right, and not giving their new child a good starting. Imagine a rainy scene where Sony is yelling at Vita, about how they despise it, and utterly hate it but then it slowly turns into Sony saying they hate them selves. Then you got it.

15 minutes ago, Burkhard_lycan said:

Where I live, (Canada) to buy a used one can sometimes be the same price as a new one. There is no point. 

Im talking about the flight ticket cost. If one have to fly to china to buy a vita(new). Cause its about 1k$ for me to fly there.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

10 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Im talking about the flight ticket cost. If one have to fly to china to buy a vita(new). Cause its about 1k$ for me to fly there.

He went there to visit family. It's not like he randomly decided to get a plane ticket and go there solely for a Vita, like the title suggests. Perhaps it's a bit of click bait, but he does specify in his op.

People's obsession with the Vita is pretty comical to me.