Save Issue

air_catcher

Hi people. I don't know how often people check these forums for Mafia 2 anymore but it's worth a shot to ask.

I have PlayStation Now and I really like this game so far but every time I go to exit there is no save. I think the game is very easy to platinum it's just a grind obviously. With that being said, grinding without a save is not fun. Can someone help me figure out what I must do to save a state. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:56 PM, air_catcher said:

Hi people. I don't know how often people check these forums for Mafia 2 anymore but it's worth a shot to ask.

I have PlayStation Now and I really like this game so far but every time I go to exit there is no save. I think the game is very easy to platinum it's just a grind obviously. With that being said, grinding without a save is not fun. Can someone help me figure out what I must do to save a state. Thank you.

It matters which trophies you are attempting to unlock. The collectable related trophies automatically save the game each time you find one. However, besides this the game only auto saves at certain points per mission and given that each chapter is treated like one giant mission, the game saves itself very few times. So often times with many of the other grind related trophies, you will have to either do them in one sitting or take breaks in between to progress further in the chapter so the game will save your progress with them.

I'm playing the Director's Cut retail version at the moment and its a major issue that I have with the game as well. I don't know why it didn't have a manual save feature if the game only auto saves very few times throughout but has such a time intensive trophy list. What I did: got as many of the grindy trophies out of the way during the first couple of chapters, so I could progress through the remainder of the game with very few interruptions. I'm currently on Chapter 11 and the only trophies that I really have left to focus on are the playboy magazines (which you get per chapter as you progress) and the remaining chapter specific ones.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...