Trials of Archimedes Hard tips

lordfenton

• 2 weeks later...

If someone is still wondering, "is this really that hard". Trials of Archimedes was nerfed to the ground in patch 1.03 at spring 2013. Even hard difficulty should not be any problem

Playing this now- its kicking my ass. Sad to say it since I've platinumed every other GoW game, but the way the devs tweaked combat makes it diffcult to adjust to for me anyway. Ive read release notes on the patch and Santa Monica studios said they've added green orbs after every wave- hard mode looks to give about 1/4 health back but thats it- all the enemies are the same. Of course i had almost everything else upgraded except the two stone powers. Went so far as to load a save from the furnace and grind out orbs to upgrade those two powers because from the videos ive watched they seem to buy some time and help tremendously. 

Did it on my second try but fuck me that was heartstopping shit. The patch wouldn't have made a difference to me since I took no damage on the third one but Christ I can see where newcomers would certainly have a lot of trouble.

Just had to go back Chapters 13- 19 because stupid me missed the last decayed chest, just got my platinum there now. Enjoyed this game but its my least favourite in the series, I even liked the PSP games better.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Jesus Christ, alot of toxic tryhards in this topic. You think you feel superior by bashing the folks who used the patch to beat this? You are just pathetic and sad for doing that as not everyone is as MLG skilled as you folks. As for me, I purposely avoided the patch and it took me a while, but the trial was just stupid.

I will say this does truly test your skills and whatnot, so kudos for that at least.

• 1 year later...

that challenge was a real test of skill. i know i was stuck on that part for a day. if can survive past the first part and know where the flame wall is going to strike on the second part and survive that too it can be done. 

it's been 5 years since i picked up the game.

Edited by kingdrake2