Game is impossibly difficult

Ok so,i tried really hard to find any information on the internet about difficulty in this game and trophies tied to it. But to no avail. I will try here in hopes that anybody in the world knows this.

There is trophy for completing the game on fearless. My question is-do i have to start the game on this difficulty level and finish it on my first playthrough?Or will I be able to start the story again and pump up diffficulty level then?

I ask becouse i see ppl got plat in this game. I tired to play fearless with each class on 1 lvl and 30 lvl. The farthest i got to Octopod machine in the first location wich took me about 6 hours and 150 deaths. Now the level i swarmed witch those warewolf and this boss have 200k hp. I do hits for 300-400 and crits for 2k+ max. That assuming that i hit enemy...
What im saying is that this game to me is impossible to play on fearless from scratch. It cannot be done,it just cant.
So do i really have to play it on fearless from beggining to get the trophy or is there any other way?

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

On 04/02/2018 at 1:53 AM, yoszek said:

Ok so,i tried really hard to find any information on the internet about difficulty in this game and trophies tied to it. But to no avail. I will try here in hopes that anybody in the world knows this.

There is trophy for completing the game on fearless. My question is-do i have to start the game on this difficulty level and finish it on my first playthrough?Or will I be able to start the story again and pump up diffficulty level then?

I ask becouse i see ppl got plat in this game. I tired to play fearless with each class on 1 lvl and 30 lvl. The farthest i got to Octopod machine in the first location wich took me about 6 hours and 150 deaths. Now the level i swarmed witch those warewolf and this boss have 200k hp. I do hits for 300-400 and crits for 2k+ max. That assuming that i hit enemy...
What im saying is that this game to me is impossible to play on fearless from scratch. It cannot be done,it just cant.
So do i really have to play it on fearless from beggining to get the trophy or is there any other way?

I picked up this game recently and hit the same roadblock. I see you have a trophy how you did it? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 23.03.2018 at 11:56 AM, veyzo said:

Hi,

Same problem, i see you both have the trophy... Did you began in normal or veteran ? With which caracter ?

Thx

Well,after a huge struggle i was able to overgear the game and make fearless feel like easy.

So i used my character from VH1.

Thaumaturge Lightning mage. I was having really though time with it at the begining but I ticked the box in options to let enemies respawn and came back to same locations few times farming kills,loot and gaining levels. I did that with every location until I hit a wall wich was Doomsday Device fight. I then repeated location prior to this until i got max level. With max level i went and did couple of scenarios for better gear wich helped A TON.

Then i came back to the game and basicly breezed through the rest of it.

If you don't have VH1 character my advise would be to finish the game once on normal with ranged class(dont even think about playing as meele class) best would be storm or ice thaumaturge and then make it veteran class and go through the game again on fearless.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 27/2/2018 at 1:58 PM, Ironshell_thor said:

I picked up this game recently and hit the same roadblock. I see you have a trophy how you did it? 

On 25/3/2018 at 0:08 PM, yoszek said:

Well,after a huge struggle i was able to overgear the game and make fearless feel like easy.

So i used my character from VH1.

Thaumaturge Lightning mage. I was having really though time with it at the begining but I ticked the box in options to let enemies respawn and came back to same locations few times farming kills,loot and gaining levels. I did that with every location until I hit a wall wich was Doomsday Device fight. I then repeated location prior to this until i got max level. With max level i went and did couple of scenarios for better gear wich helped A TON.

Then i came back to the game and basicly breezed through the rest of it.

If you don't have VH1 character my advise would be to finish the game once on normal with ranged class(dont even think about playing as meele class) best would be storm or ice thaumaturge and then make it veteran class and go through the game again on fearless.

Have you guys achieved the platinum or how's your game? Thank you!

I have had a hard time with Fearless also.

Mainly for two reasons.

First being that you hit a wall where you just die all the time and have to go back and grind (or do Scenarios and hope for luck with loot).

Second is that the game crashes in two places if you are not OP enough to take down the boss (Floating Platform and Final Bosses) fast enough.

And the fact that I didn't get any difficulty related trophies when beating Fearless. I made very sure that I never touched the difficulty setting once I started so it just bugged out.

And beating Neverending Story in Fearless doesn't count either.

This game will not be platted by me since I can't stand starting over on a new character to do Fearless again.

On 25/12/2018 at 1:30 PM, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Have you guys achieved the platinum or how's your game? Thank you!

Yeah I've beaten it. Its a proper struggle to beat on hard. First of all I recommend hitting youtube and find a strong end-game build for this game. Because without it its next to impossible to complete levels. Melee builds is trash I'd recommend either strong arcane, or strong mechanic. Personally I played with mechanic using the bots 80% of the game, later switching to tesla blast cause it has sort of broken formula with passive skills it does almost 2000% of damage. So you basically erase enemies from the existence. The downside is — its not unlock-able till the later stages of the game. 

This is the build I've used for reference but tweaked it a bit. 

Basically your goal is to deal the most damage before you are killed and respawn. So either go for summons and try to avoid focus. Or go strong arcane blasts and you will still die but deal enough damage so that it will matter. Basically it is just a really tiresome grind and sometimes if you are not careful you can lock yourself inside mobs unable to flee. Thats why I've settled with machine build as it aggros mobs. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 6:17 PM, Ironshell_thor said:

Yeah I've beaten it. Its a proper struggle to beat on hard. First of all I recommend hitting youtube and find a strong end-game build for this game. Because without it its next to impossible to complete levels. Melee builds is trash I'd recommend either strong arcane, or strong mechanic. Personally I played with mechanic using the bots 80% of the game, later switching to tesla blast cause it has sort of broken formula with passive skills it does almost 2000% of damage. So you basically erase enemies from the existence. The downside is — its not unlock-able till the later stages of the game. 

This is the build I've used for reference but tweaked it a bit. 

Basically your goal is to deal the most damage before you are killed and respawn. So either go for summons and try to avoid focus. Or go strong arcane blasts and you will still die but deal enough damage so that it will matter. Basically it is just a really tiresome grind and sometimes if you are not careful you can lock yourself inside mobs unable to flee. Thats why I've settled with machine build as it aggros mobs. 

Can you please share your build? itens, gear, skills, etc? The video shows the damage but for beginners doesn't show how to get there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/01/2019 at 0:56 AM, ivangutjahr said:

Can you please share your build? itens, gear, skills, etc? The video shows the damage but for beginners doesn't show how to get there.

Well you start the game not on lvl1, I don't remember exactly but it gives you a lot of skill points so you'll ultimately will have most of the core of the build shown in the video. I can try to reinstall the game and make some screenshots, but I think I might've re-spec in the endgame to focus more on projectiles rather than mechanic summons (which you'll need for 90% of the game). Plus the itemisation in this game doesn't matter at all. Just use the best stat gear that you find. Simply look at the base stats — and take the strongest attack everywhere. Because atk stat will boost the attack of you summons and its next to impossible to survive 1-2 hits from the enemies anyway.   

• 1 year later...

Oh my...there is hard and there is pointlessly hard...tried a fearless game with a veteran character and it is super annoying, it just takes forever to kill a regular enemy, so when you have about 10/15 of them swarming at you, well - an hour later - you free that 1/10 of the map. I was at the last wave in Viaduct Junction and just gave up for now, takes out any kind of fun out of it. I don't think it's actually hard, it's frustratingly loooooong. I'd prefer if instead they'd add stats to the enemies like poison immune (instead of resistance) to oblige you to take different skills, or new crazy stats. 

Has anyone tried both lvl 1 and lvl 30 fearless? Is one or the other easier? It would be interesting if anyone that finished it on fearless could tell us how many hours it took...

Also what I've noticed, be it in casual or fearless, is that you are seriously undergeared at the get go. Finding a good lvl 31 weapon can easily give you 50/100% more damage, which is badly designed. We should be able to ease in into it and not feel powerless until rng decides to show up.

I'll get back to it sometime, just hope that with some gear it slowly gets 'better', although from what was said, I doubt it

• 3 weeks later...