Platinum Rarity is Decreasing

Van-Helsings

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

GTA IV was infinitely more effort than GTA V was to plat. If I didn't have multiple PS3s, I would have never finished the damn thing. Hat's off to anyone who managed the entire thing without any boosting of any sort.

Thats me did not boost it only needed one game mode  and 1 rank when i went back too the game back in late 2015 

On 4/2/2018 at 6:39 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

GTA IV was infinitely more effort than GTA V was to plat. If I didn't have multiple PS3s, I would have never finished the damn thing. Hat's off to anyone who managed the entire thing without any boosting of any sort.

Completed legit on x360 near day one, and legit too on ps3. Here i just boost mafia mode because when i got my plat no one was playing here. 

With red faction guerrilla and red dead redemption (both legit too) those are my best multiplayer games ever played. I'll really miss a remastered from those gems. 

• Like 1

I reported all of the cheaters. It took probably about 3 weeks to 1 month. There was over 11,000 platinum achievers when I started, and now just over 9,100. That is nearly 2,000 cheaters I removed all by myself mostly. The platinum rarity was 1.17% when I started and now at 1.00%. I've looked for more cheaters, but I have found just about all of them.

I'm surprised the mods allowed so many cheaters for years, before I decided to do something about it. I would report LittleBigPlanet 2 cheaters, but it doesn't have a report button for that game for some strange reason. I bet there are even more cheaters for that game than GTA IV.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, z7251 said:

I would report LittleBigPlanet 2 cheaters, but it doesn't have a report button for that game for some strange reason.

Because you have to own a game (ie. have it on your PSNP profile) in order to report cheaters for it. Well done on reporting all of those GTA IV cheaters by the way; it's nice to get rid of people like that who trivialize all the time and effort put in by everyone who did it legit.

On 2/6/2018 at 8:34 AM, sephiroth4424 said:

Lol.New fastest achiever completed it in 33 hours

That person has been removed after I reported him. I will keep an eye out for future GTA IV hackers, especially on the list of fastest 100% achievers. 

On 2/6/2018 at 0:02 AM, Pyramat said:

Because you have to own a game (ie. have it on your PSNP profile) in order to report cheaters for it. Well done on reporting all of those GTA IV cheaters by the way; it's nice to get rid of people like that who trivialize all the time and effort put in by everyone who did it legit.

I am kind of burnt out on reporting all of those GTA IV cheaters anyway. I already reported a few people who hacked Fallout 3 + New Vegas, and Uncharted 2 who had storyline and collectible trophies for those games out of order. 

34 minutes ago, z7251 said:

That person has been removed after I reported him. I will keep an eye out for future GTA IV hackers, especially on the list of fastest 100% achievers. 

Pretty sure I did that one. :P With all the reports flowing in, I just went ahead and did the remaining of the 100%-ers myself. Was some 200+.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Yeah, I noticed the rarity decreasing steadily ever since last november, when I was contemplating starting GTA IV and then I talked to MMDE he confirmed that ever since january this year there was thousands of reports for cheated platinums trophy lists for GTA IV. And while some may see this as witch hunt, I think this a great work by the community to clean the leaderboards from cheated trophy lists, especially one this one since GTAIV is a quite hard platinum to get and you must commit yourself to get it.

Thanks to everybody who helped in this process.

• Like 1