Platinum Rarity is Decreasing

Van-Helsings

1 minute ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

Yeah, I noticed the rarity decreasing steadily ever since last november, when I was contemplating starting GTA IV and then I talked to MMDE he confirmed that ever since january this year there was thousands of reports for cheated platinums trophy lists for GTA IV. And while some may see this as witch hunt, I think this a great work by the community to clean the leaderboards from cheated trophy lists, especially one this one since GTAIV is a quite hard platinum to get and you must commit yourself to get it.

Thanks to everybody who helped in this process.

I really don't see it as some kind of witch hunt either. The vast majority of these reports were people with literally over half the trophy list popping in a matter of seconds, and all of them were something similar to this.

• Like 1

I just noticed the big drop and I'm glad it's just that illegitimate plat earners are being removed. I've been watching the rarity of this plat for a long time. It was 1.58% around the middle of 2014 when I got it. It's gone down steadily since, mostly from what I figured was due to more players being added to the database. Anyway, I last remember it being 1.15% at the beginning of the year and just now noticed it at 1.00%. So that's a huge drop. That has to be around 1300 or so "earners" removed. Were really ~13% of the platinums recorded on here not legit? ? Damn.

Edited by Jay_Cash