How???

Dyvthai

29 minutes ago, dalailama1989 said:

And I thought this is going to be another "How are people already playing it - it's not even out yet"-threads. 1f61e.png

This is exactly what I thought I was getting ready to read.

To answer the OP. It always happens when a popular new game releases. It takes he site a little bit to update and get the numbers caught up. The site isn't broken.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

The Nuclear Throne, Dariusburst, and Sine Mora rarity percentages have been caching for aaaaaaaaaaaages now. They should be allot lower. Its kind of upsetting me 1f62d.png

I see 2 people are missing from the platinum achievers list. It might be related to some cheaters that is removed but still counts somehow. @Sly Ripper

https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard/rarity

That list shows people who are removed from leaderboards too, #1 even got all his trophies hidden.

Edited by MMDE

10 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

Owners updates once per day per game, recent players updates globally multiple times a day.

But look at Nuclear Throne.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/4117-nuclear-throne/1-its-not-fair-its-not-right

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4117-nuclear-throne

https://psnprofiles.com/game-leaderboard/4117-nuclear-throne

Says 13 100%, says 13 people have achieved the platinum, but you can only see 11 users. This a difficult year and a half old game with very few achievers. Are these all auto deleted accounts from today or some old removed accounts that is still being counted somehow?

Edited by MMDE

19 hours ago, Cynicaljam96 said:

How can there be more recent players than actual game owners? This site's broken as f**k

It can also be multiple accounts for just one purchased game, for example i play a game then my brother plays straight after me, like this u just got 2 recent players with just 1 copy of the game.

18 hours ago, MMDE said:

Says 13 100%, says 13 people have achieved the platinum, but you can only see 11 users. This a difficult year and a half old game with very few achievers. Are these all auto deleted accounts from today or some old removed accounts that is still being counted somehow?

The same with Cloudberry Kingdom & it’s been that way for quite some time. It should be 0.08 with the math but it displays 0.09.

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/2044-cloudberry-kingdom

Same with Crypt of the NecroDancer last I looked. 

4 minutes ago, Cold_Titan said:

It can also be multiple accounts for just one purchased game, for example i play a game then my brother plays straight after me, like this u just got 2 recent players with just 1 copy of the game.

Game owners is calculated by the amount of users who has played the game though.

3 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Game owners is calculated by the amount of users who has played the game though.

So if my brother and i play the same copy of the game the site counts as 2 games owners AND 2 recent players, right? Makes sense since it would be to much work to get the id for every copy of a game, physical and digital :facepalm:. Thanks for clearing :highfive:

44 minutes ago, Dark said:

The same with Cloudberry Kingdom & it’s been that way for quite some time. It should be 0.08 with the math but it displays 0.09.

There are 22,221 game owners and 19 '100% achievers' for Cloudberry Kingdom.

19/22,221*100 = 0.08550470275, which is 0.09 if you round it to 2 decimals. Your math is of ?.

31 minutes ago, Cold_Titan said:

So if my brother and i play the same copy of the game the site counts as 2 games owners AND 2 recent players, right? Makes sense since it would be to much work to get the id for every copy of a game, physical and digital :facepalm:. Thanks for clearing :highfive:

To clarify, the site counts "players" as accounts that have at least 1 trophy in the game (I guess recent players are players that got a trophy in the last day or so). This is regardless of how many copies of the game there are.

12 minutes ago, Ric said:

19/22,221*100 = 0.08550470275, which is 0.09 if you round it to 2 decimals. Your math is of 1f60b.png.

Maybe you should look before correcting me m8, since there’s 16 100%’ers, rounding it actually to 0.07. Yesterday I’m certain there was 17 which would’ve made it 0.08. Someone has been knocked off since then.

When you actually look at the 100% achievers it shows the correct amount rather than the numbers it displays at the top. If individual trophies, platinum achievers and 100% achievers had a system where it goes by the actual amount on the individual leaderboards themselves, then it would be correct all the time.

Edited by Dark
Adding more.

42 minutes ago, Dark said:

Maybe you should look before correcting me m8, since there’s 16 100%’ers, rounding it actually to 0.07. Yesterday I’m certain there was 17 which would’ve made it 0.08. Someone has been knocked off since then.

It says 19 (0.09%) how would you even use anything else than the 19 that stands in fornt of it? Ofcourse the math is going to fail if you use another number ?.

That's not wrong math, that's just using different numbers.

And don't act so triggered, you posted 40ish minutes before me, and at that time the stats were what they are (and I can't imagine them having changed in that 40 minutes), and with those stats your math was of. You argued that the stats were of, but how is anyone trying to fix/clear the issue supposed to know you were using the numbers of any arbitrary day?

Just because you can't see all the individual people with 100% in the list, doesn't mean they're not there necessarily. Maybe it counts cheaters, it could count people that removed their account, it could be people that decided to hide them after they synched the 100%.

Doing a search for Cloudberry Kingdom on another site ((URL not allowed) in this case) reveals 4 people with 100%, 3 of which are on the list. The last one is Flexxar. Trying to update this account to this site gives the message "This user has been removed and cannot be tracked".

I don't know the ins and outs of the sites programming, but I would guess that this site probably copies all the trophy data to it's own database as a form of caching the data. The statistics are then calculated using this locally stored data. When a user gets "removed" it's probably just flagged as inactive/banned, rather than actually being removed. The flag will remove the account from the leaderboards, but the data is still there for the calculation of statistics.

In this case, either the programming of the calculations could be updated to remove the flagged accounts from the equation, or the data could be removed.

Or maybe the calculations are just made up with PSN data, in which case not much can be done.

Edited by Ric

13 minutes ago, Ric said:

It says 19 (0.09%) how would you even use anything else than the 19 that stands in fornt of it? Ofcourse the math is going to fail if you use another number 1f611.png.

That's not wrong math, that's just using different numbers.

And don't act so triggered, you posted 40ish minutes before me, and at that time the stats were what they are (and I can't imagine them having changed in that 40 minutes), and with those stats your math was of. You argued that the stats were of, but how is anyone trying to fix/clear the issue supposed to know you were using the numbers of any arbitrary day?

Just because you can't see all the individual people with 100% in the list, doesn't mean they're not there necessarily. Maybe it counts cheaters, it could count people that removed their account, it could be people that decided to hide them after they synched the 100%.

Doing a search for Cloudberry Kingdom on another site ((URL not allowed) in this case) reveals 4 people with 100%, 3 of which are on the list. The last one is Flexxar. Trying to update this account to this site gives the message "This user has been removed and cannot be tracked".

I don't know the ins and outs of the sites programming, but I would guess that this site probably copies all the trophy data to it's own database as a form of caching the data. The statistics are then calculated using this locally stored data. When a user gets "removed" it's probably just flagged as inactive/banned, rather than actually being removed. The flag will remove the account from the leaderboards, but the data is still there for the calculation of statistics.

In this case, either the programming of the calculations could be updated to remove the flagged accounts from the equation, or the data could be removed.

Or maybe the calculations are just made up with PSN data, in which case not much can be done.

Yeah im not reading all of that. You’re just going by the numbers at the top of the game page, which I clearly stated is wrong and outdated. Actually click the 100% achievers list and you’ll see the correct amount. That’s when you start to do the math. If pointing out that you’re falsely correcting me is acting “triggered” then you must be a real sensitive one. Try checking the correct statistics before doing your maths next time. 

As if it couldnt get any more stupid, you linked the correct page and still used the wrong number. There’s clearly 16 people listed on that page, not 19.

Oh and I’d also like to add that my calculations based on yesterday’s number, wouldn’t have changed a thing since you’re going by a completely different number. That’s why I pointed it out in the first place.

Edited by Dark
Assisting the disabled
  • Like 1

On 4-2-2018 at 6:20 PM, KaKrackle said:

The Nuclear Throne, Dariusburst, and Sine Mora rarity percentages have been caching for aaaaaaaaaaaages now. They should be allot lower. Its kind of upsetting me 1f62d.png

On 4-2-2018 at 6:47 PM, MMDE said:

12 hours ago, Dark said:

I've addressed this issue like a two weeks ago, see -> 

Unfortunately this issue is somewhat being ignored. Can't do much about it I guess. It's annoying for sure.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ric said:

19/22,221*100 = 0.08550470275, which is 0.09 if you round it to 2 decimals. Your math is of 1f60b.png.

To clarify, the site counts "players" as accounts that have at least 1 trophy in the game (I guess recent players are players that got a trophy in the last day or so). This is regardless of how many copies of the game there are.

Sorry. Darks math is correct.

It may sound daft to complain about a meezley 0 02%, BUT!! When you have spent 150 hours working on obtaining just a single trophy, it's quite annoying. VERY annoying infact. 

It's like making a bacon sandwich, then discovering there's no brown sauce left in the fridge. ????

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

Sorry. Darks math is correct.

It may sound daft to complain about a meezley 0 02%, BUT!! When you have spent 150 hours working on obtaining just a single trophy, it's quite annoying. VERY annoying infact. 

It's like making a bacon sandwich, then discovering there's no brown sauce left in the fridge. 1f633.png1f62c.png1f630.png1f62d.png

It was correct, but only if you disregard the people who got the 100% and for one reason or another were removed from the list. Since he didn't explain his reasoning in his first post, there was no way of knowing that it was correct. The 'mistake' seemed a lot like a rounding error, so I pointed that out.

Currently there's 2 versions. The first being the actual stats that are on top of the page, and the other is only counting the people on the list. The latter only works for games with extremely low completion or very new games as it doesn't go past 50. It does however show that there's a 'bug' in the system. But that's up for interpretation. It depends if the site considers the statistics of people that are removed valid or not.

If they are not considered valid, the stats of the removed people need to be removed from the equation.

I don't think it's daft to complain about 0,02%. If rarity is your thing you should be able to voice a problem, even if it's 'only' 0,02%. My posts weren't about that, it was about a calculation that seemed of. We're all trying to help in removing potential bugs and making the site better.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

It was correct, but only if you disregard the people who got the 100% and for one reason or another were removed from the list. Since he didn't explain his reasoning in his first post, there was no way of knowing that it was correct. The 'mistake' seemed a lot like a rounding error, so I pointed that out.

Currently there's 2 versions. The first being the actual stats that are on top of the page, and the other is only counting the people on the list. The latter only works for games with extremely low completion or very new games as it doesn't go past 50. It does however show that there's a 'bug' in the system. But that's up for interpretation. It depends if the site considers the statistics of people that are removed valid or not.

If they are not considered valid, the stats of the removed people need to be removed from the equation.

I don't think it's daft to complain about 0,02%. If rarity is your thing you should be able to voice a problem, even if it's 'only' 0,02%. My posts weren't about that, it was about a calculation that seemed of. We're all trying to help in removing potential bugs and making the site better.

But we can all agree on the bacon sandwich issue right?

Sorry to burst your bubble there lads but if you've recently played it, you should by default be accumulated in the owner numbers too, you can't have played it without f*cking owning it, it's not rocket science it's just bad website coding and information fetching. That's an obvious error and y'all are just trying to explain caching to me as if other games across the board don't have this issue. Just bad website development, end of.

On 2/5/2018 at 0:06 PM, Cold_Titan said:

Then you should both be counted as Owners in the same breath it's counting you as recent players I must be speaking Chinese I dunno how you can't see what's wrong with that type of caching, if you're only gonna record half the data you might as well not bother seeing as the data is contradicting itself.

1 hour ago, Cynicaljam96 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble there lads but if you've recently played it, you should by default be accumulated in the owner numbers too, you can't have played it without f*cking owning it, it's not rocket science it's just bad website coding and information fetching. That's an obvious error and y'all are just trying to explain caching to me as if other games across the board don't have this issue. Just bad website development, end of.

Then you should both be counted as Owners in the same breath it's counting you as recent players I must be speaking Chinese I dunno how you can't see what's wrong with that type of caching, if you're only gonna record half the data you might as well not bother seeing as the data is contradicting itself.

What happens is that the stats are processed at different times, like the calculations and counting etc is done at set times, not every time someone request the numbers. This is to save resources, would be crazy to do this every time. And no, the site doesn't fetch the numbers anywhere, it's based on what trophies the users on this site got.

What happens is that one number is calculated at one time, another number is calculated at another time, and you get served these calculated numbers until the site calculates and updates those numbers again.

It's not an error or bad website development. Maybe they could be calculated at the same time to be more consistent, but it's simply too much data and too many games and users etc.

There is however issues with the system that some few of us have been pointing out, but they're small, and I frankly think they're related to two things. One would be users removed in some way due to being flagged or maybe even hidden their trophies. In other words, some users that shouldn't be counted is being counted. The other would be users without timestamps don't appear on the leaderboards for a game. I think that should change and the other be fixed.

Having very different numbers show up for a game at release however is not related to the issues people have rightly pointed out.

And forget about "owners", it's just people who has the trophy list on their account. It's not some separate number or fetched from some sales database or some garbage like that. It's not, it's just the amount of users on this site who got the trophy list for the game on their profile.

Edited by MMDE