Getting a Pre-Order a Day Early?

Trugo314

So I payed off everything for Shadow of the Colossus, which releases Feb. 6th. I pre-ordered at Gamestop, and the clerk said that I could come in on the 5th from 9:00 to 9:30 est, and I could get it then. I asked if that was at night, and then he said something about a midnight release. The midnight release makes sense but would I be able to get it at 9?

Gamestop usually has you come in early the night of release before the store closes to finalize the pre-order. (e.g. pay off, get final receipt, and a place in line if there is a line.)

If they know they only have a few pre-orders for release, they will probs just hand them out asap, so they dont have to stay there all night.

1 hour ago, Feral said:

Well since the clerk said you could get it at 9 then yes.

Otherwise just go at the midnight launch.

3 minutes ago, A12 said:

Gamestop usually has you come in early the night of release before the store closes to finalize the pre-order. (e.g. pay off, get final receipt, and a place in line if there is a line.)

If they know they only have a few pre-orders for release, they will probs just hand them out asap, so they dont have to stay there all night.

Alright thanks guys, might have sounded stupid but my nearest Gamestop is a half hour away, didn't want to waste a trip. 

4 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

I've received games in the mail early a couple times and, once, a game from GameStop the Friday before its street date. 

On 2/4/2018 at 2:15 PM, AlchemyAwesome said:

Occasionally ordering online comes a day earlier too, if the postage is quick (I think they post it estimating for it to arrive on Friday for a Friday release etc, could come Thursday).

I've not actually preordered a game since like Fallout New Vegas though, so could be different (same with country). 

I'm gonna go tonight so we'll see how it turns out.