Rumour: Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Coming to Switch/PC, New Game In 2019.

madbuk

2 hours ago, milanbarca82 said:

GBA had some Crash games so why not?

Because that's completely different.

We'll see, but this was always more complicated than that. Sony had publishing rights of the first three games and CTR. Same with Spyro. Which means they basically own part of these games specifically, which were remade with no fundamental changes to them.

Edited by Elvick_

Same as I said when it came out, I wouldn't bother rebuying it on Xbox, but I'd day one that shit on Switch.

Like, I love the old Crash games (and Tag Team, best of the sequels by far), but I spent most of my time with them on portables. The Xperia Play with Crash 1 built in got the shit played out of it, Crash 3 was one of the first full digital games I bought on my PSP nearly 10 years ago now. And I've replayed the trilogy (and CTR) on my Vita a good bunch too.

Hopefully this new port, to PC/Xbox/Switch/Whatever does the nice thing, and instead of just being a full priced deadset port, they announce that CTR has been redone too, and is included in the new versions, but is paid DLC for PS4. PS4 owners get another classic at a reasonable price, other platforms have a reason to pay a higher price for the port job, good shit for everyone.

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

Because that's completely different.

We'll see, but this was always more complicated than that. Sony had publishing rights of the first three games and CTR. Same with Spyro. Which means they basically own part of these games specifically, which were remade with no fundamental changes to them.

Yeah. I forgot about that but if i'm not mistaken, wasn't Mass Effect 1 published by Microsoft but got released on PS3 eventually? Or was it a different case?

Edited by milanbarca82

7 minutes ago, milanbarca82 said:

Yeah. I forgot about that but if i'm not mistaken, wasn't Mass Effect 1 published by Microsoft but got released on PS3 eventually? Or was it a different case?

No idea about that one, but Sony was involved directly with development from the onset. I think it was far more involved than MS with ME1's development. But I know nothing about that, so could very well be wrong. Their deals with Universal at the time for Spyro and Crash were weird.

Like I said, we'll see. It's just never been so simple for these games.

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Same as I said when it came out, I wouldn't bother rebuying it on Xbox, but I'd day one that shit on Switch.

Like, I love the old Crash games (and Tag Team, best of the sequels by far), but I spent most of my time with them on portables. The Xperia Play with Crash 1 built in got the shit played out of it, Crash 3 was one of the first full digital games I bought on my PSP nearly 10 years ago now. And I've replayed the trilogy (and CTR) on my Vita a good bunch too.

Hopefully this new port, to PC/Xbox/Switch/Whatever does the nice thing, and instead of just being a full priced deadset port, they announce that CTR has been redone too, and is included in the new versions, but is paid DLC for PS4. PS4 owners get another classic at a reasonable price, other platforms have a reason to pay a higher price for the port job, good shit for everyone.

CTR being digital only on PS4 i s not good for everyone. Sony's support is trash if you ever have problems with your purchases on PSN. Digital is trash.

On 2/5/2018 at 0:42 AM, milanbarca82 said:

EA bought Bioware which provided them the rights to Mass Effect, so they were able to get Edge of Reality to port it to PS3 instead of leaving it as an Xbox/Windows exclusive I think.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...