Many questions about Games and Trophies

Leaderboards

I couldn't think of a proper title for this and sorry if this is in the wrong section. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But when it comes to questions, PSNP has a lot of friendly people willing to help. ?

Also please don't quote my entire post in your reply, it creates clutter and it's not necessary, thanks.

OK let's get started:

1. Is it "too late" to get the multiplayer trophies for Journey on PS3 and PS4, especially the trophy were you have to meet several people in your journeys? (I think it's 10 different people). Online dead if you don't purposely boost?

2. If you buy flOw (People who made Journey/Flower), do you get both PS3 and PS4 versions? There's an expansion pack for this game lol?

3. Are there any other (good) games in this category I made up = Scary Shit in Space, besides the ones I have listed:

- Dead Space series

- Doom (2016)

- Prey (PS4)

- Alien Isolation

4. Are there any other (good) games in this category: Italian-American Mobster/1950-1960s, besides the ones I listed:

- Mafia II

- Mafia III

- Godfather II

- Guns, Gore, and Cannoli

- L.A. Noire

5. Are there any other (good) games in Asian Mobster games besides the ones I listed:

- Sleeping Dogs

- Yakuza Series

6. Are there any other (good) games for Post-Apocalyptic besides the ones I listed:

- Mad Max (PS4)

- Metro Series

- Borderlands

- Fallout series

7. Are there any other (good) games for Medieval High Fantasy with dark themes besides the ones I listed:

- Dragon Age: Origins

- Kingdom of Amalur

- Dragon's Dogma

8. What are some good military related games that don't have emphasis on multiplayer or are not of the Mt. Dew Dorito crowd (NO COD or BF) So far I got:

- Spec Ops: The Line

- Heavy Fire Afghanistan and Shattered Spear

- Killzone 1 HD

9. Questions about Diablo III

a- Should I skip the first version of this game (PS3 version with the red letters, no reaper of souls)?

b- For Reaper of Souls on PS3, does the game have performance issues?

c- For Reaper of Souls on PS3, they stopped supporting it with DLC right?

d- For Reaper of Souls on PS3, what is the best class to play to knock out all those 500 bounties and Rifts (Necromancer not on PS3 version I think)

e- For Reaper of Souls on PS3 and PS4, what is the best class to play Hardcore and get the respective trophies (Not necromancer, leaving him for soft core)

f- For Reaper of Souls on PS4, if you don't have PS+, can you still receive items in the mailbox from people?

g- For Reaper of Souls on PS3/PS4, can you transfer characters from PS3 to PS4 version and have trophies automatically pop?

h- Will I get flagged if I run into a hacker? I heard these games have a lot of hacking. I think I might avoid mp all together.

i- Is it hard to get the plat for these games if you play Solo?

j- Can you still dupe gold and crafting materials?

10. I finished Dead Space 1 and I am almost done with Dead Space 2, can't decide if I should play Extraction, Ignition and Dead Space 3 (aka the weaker games of the series). Yay or Nay or Meh :| ?

11. If you were a cupcake, who would you let lick you?  Fictional person or real doesn't matter. Also being licked/bitten doesn't hurt you and you will regenerate/resurrect anyway.

Edited by Trophy Huntress

I can answer a few of your questions:

2. I believe you do.  I had purchased Flow on the PS3 years ago.  When I got my PS Vita I was able to get the game for free because I had already downloaded it for the PS3.  Yes, there is a DLC pack and it's quite stupid; the trophies vary between systems.

7. Not too familiar with the games listed (except for Dragon Age).  You may like Toukiden 2.  Basically, you are a slayer of sorts who has to go around and kill Oni.  There are "spirits" called Mitama that you can find that bolster up your weapons, etc.  There is an online portion of the game that is still very active, but it is not required for any trophies.  You can play the multiplayer missions alone (as in there is a separate "lobby" where you can play without people and have the NPCs help you).  Here's a trailer.

8. Wolfenstein is a great military series (WWII).  Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands is pretty decent, too.  I have watched my friend play it on the XBone a lot.  I missed a lot of the story, so from what I have gathered you are taking on the drug cartel in Bolivia.

10. I can only speak for one of the games - Ignition.  Personally, I found it boring af.  If memory serves me right it was a comic-style game and the game play was a bunch of puzzles.  Maybe I found it boring because I haven't really played any other Dead Space games (except for one and I didn't get far because I'm a pussy).

11. Cupcakes are gross ✌️

Sorry I can't help out more I live under a boulder.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

MooseSketts said a lot of cool stuff

Oh I totally dismissed Wildlands because I thought it would have a lot of mp trophies, but I checked the trophy guide and it has 2 easy ones. Great suggestion. This game is on my radar now for military-related games.

Thanks for answering my questions :)

6. DYING LIGHT. I loved this game so much (I sank like 80+ hours into it), it's like Mirror's Edge meets an upgraded version of Dead Island. The Following DLC was great and felt like a substantial addition to the game, it comes bundled with the game pretty cheap nowadays, about $20-30? Plus, the devs for this game are awesome, they're still dropping new content for the game years later.

8. Vanquish was a pretty great shooter IMO, it was unique and fun to play so I'd definitely check that out, it should be pretty cheap since it's an older PS3 game.

Also, the Crysis games were great as well. I played 1 and some of 3, but I remember being blown away by how much I loved the first Crysis. I do know that Crysis 2 and 3 have multiplayer, with 2 being super-grindy looking multiplayer, so in terms of being a completionist you may not be a fan of doing Crysis 2.

tl;dr Vanquish and at least the first Crysis game

11. If I were a cupcake I'd let anybody lick me on the condition that I got to lick them back. That would probably deter everybody from licking me because who the hell would willingly agree to be licked by a cupcake

Edited by VeritableLemon
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, VeritableLemon said:

8. Vanquish was a pretty great shooter IMO, it was unique and fun to play so I'd definitely check that out, it should be pretty cheap since it's an older PS3 game.

Also, the Crysis games were great as well. I played 1 and some of 3, but I remember being blown away by how much I loved the first Crysis. I do know that Crysis 2 and 3 have multiplayer, with 2 being super-grindy looking multiplayer, so in terms of being a completionist you may not be a fan of doing Crysis 2.

Oh forgot about Crysis, have that in my backlog actually. Yeah skipping 2 and 3 because of too much multiplayer.

Is Vanquish military-related though?

4 minutes ago, Trophy Huntress said:

Oh forgot about Crysis, have that in my backlog actually. Yeah skipping 2 and 3 because of too much multiplayer.

Is Vanquish military-related though?

Yeah I'd say it's more or less a military shooter. The description from Platinum Games reads, "You are Sam Gideon - an American soldier armed with state-of-the-art combat armor known as an Augmented Reaction Suit. Battle for the fate of your nation in a shooting action game like none ever seen!"

When I played it, I loosely remember being in a military squad of some sort and I believe DARPA was also involved in the game.

I wouldn't call it a traditional military shooter since the emphasis seems to be placed on the AR Suit but there are definitely American military elements in the game.

Edited by VeritableLemon
  • Like 1

2. You can tell that it's cross-buy because it lists all 3 versions on the store listing.

- Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

- The Walking Dead series (Telltale)

- The Last Of Us

8. I agree with Wolfenstein and Vanquish (yeah it's military - you join up with space marines). I would take Killzone 1 HD off that list though - its garbage. Also another great military game you might not think of is Valiant Hearts. It's a puzzle/adventure game with a heavy story focus, set in WWI.

10. I thought Extraction was really good for what it was. Yeah, the gameplay is different but it was still a great experience back in the Dead Space world (including some familiar areas) and expanding on the story. 

11. You would need to earn a trophy to be counted for the top games of the week. Even if GTA has more players, are they all earning trophies after playing for so long?

12. I would try my hardest to not ever be a cupcake.

Edited by mekktor
  • Like 1

7. Pillars of EternityDivinity: Original Sin, The Witcher III and Dragon Age: Inquisition. POE and DOS are both old-school role-playing games and combined, should last you more than 200 hours. If you're looking for a challenge, try one of the tougher difficulty settings as they do legitimately become hard. The Witcher III is one of the best games of the generation and is a must play fantasy RPG. Try "Death March" difficulty for a good challenge. Dragon Age: Inquisition is the best game in the DA franchise and features really satisfying combat, interesting characters and large, contained maps that vary in design. Try "Nightmare" difficulty for an additional challenge.

11. If I were a cupcake, I'd try to find some kind of procedure that would allow me to become a pizza.

Edited by NavTheConqueror
  • Like 1

T8IAO5kZQJuWMvb_J1k9iQ.png

2 hours ago, Trophy Huntress said:

9. Questions about Diablo III

a- Should I skip the first version of this game (PS3 version with the red letters, no reaper of souls)?

It's a separate trophy list so no, not unless you don't want more trophies?

b- For Reaper of Souls on PS3, does the game have performance issues?

I didn't have any.

c- For Reaper of Souls on PS3, they stopped supporting it with DLC right?

Yes, looking at the trophy list will support that proof.  No new trophies.

d- For Reaper of Souls on PS3, what is the best class to play to knock out all those 500 bounties and Rifts (Necromancer not on PS3 version I think)

The one that you feel most comfortable with.  I did mine with the Witch Doctor simply because of the AOE/spread attacks to kill many enemy at once.  Less slowing down.

e- For Reaper of Souls on PS3 and PS4, what is the best class to play Hardcore and get the respective trophies (Not necromancer, leaving him for soft core)

Long range character.  It's best to boost it and get someone high level to just level you up by being near them to collect XP.  Back up your save frequently, quit immediately if you die.  Reload. 

f- For Reaper of Souls on PS4, if you don't have PS+, can you still receive items in the mailbox from people?

I don't know how you would play online without PS+

g- For Reaper of Souls on PS3/PS4, can you transfer characters from PS3 to PS4 version and have trophies automatically pop?

You can transfer character, but it's been so long I cannot remember what pops.

h- Will I get flagged if I run into a hacker? I heard these games have a lot of hacking. I think I might avoid mp all together.

No you won't get flagged.  There is nothing they can do to your character.  It's not hacked, it's modded gear with unbelievable stats and god-mode gear.

i- Is it hard to get the plat for these games if you play Solo?

Diablo 3/ROS is one of the easiest.  Play at your own pace, grind for XP/skills, or use boost groups.

j- Can you still dupe gold and crafting materials?

Yes.  Gear as well.  Not all craft material is tradeable/dupeable. 

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trophy Huntress said:

Totally forgot about Enslaved and Valiant Hearts, thanks!

Why is Killzone HD so bad?

I might consider Extraction, but Ignition won't be touched.

I just didn't enjoy it at all. I guess the story was OK but the gameplay was just repetitive crap walking down identical looking hallways over and over with terrible controls and shooting mechanics that just weren't fun. I thought maybe it was just the way FPS games were back then (2004), but then I played Far Cry from the same year and I couldn't believe the difference.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

DARKB!KE Lots of cool stuff about Diablo III.

Thanks for answering my Diablo questions :)

What I mean by the mailbox question is, can a person on my friend list gift me items via the in-game mailbox system even if I don't have PS+ ?

What I meant about the first Diablo III release, I don't know, isn't it kinda lame because it doesn't have all the fixes/updates that made Reaper of Souls a better game?

Nah I don't need anyone to boost me for hardcore, I can do it on my own <3 Just trying to figure out which class will be the most durable.

You don't need to delete patches to dupe?

10 minutes ago, mekktor said:

I just didn't enjoy it at all. I guess the story was OK but the gameplay was just repetitive crap walking down identical looking hallways over and over with terrible controls and shooting mechanics that just weren't fun. I thought maybe it was just the way FPS games were back then (2004), but then I played Far Cry from the same year and I couldn't believe the difference.

OK NP, we'll see then.

6 minutes ago, Trophy Huntress said:

Thanks for answering my Diablo questions :)

What I mean by the mailbox question is, can a person on my friend list gift me items via the in-game mailbox system even if I don't have PS+ ?

What I meant about the first Diablo III release, I don't know, isn't it kinda lame because it doesn't have all the fixes/updates that made Reaper of Souls a better game?

Nah I don't need anyone to boost me for hardcore, I can do it on my own <3 Just trying to figure out which class will be the most durable.

Yeah, people can send items they find to your mailbox.  They expire after 60 days 30 days or something though (the gift items).

ROS is technically better, just more to do in it, they have the bounty/rifts system, etc. which changes the game and gives more things to do at end-game for players.

So yes, skip the first one if you don't already own it. 

Gifts are a random drop and usually occur simultaneously with the drop of a legendary. Gifts are addressed - at random - to someone on your friends list.

There are three kinds of gifts:

1. "Normal" Rare gifts, which contain a rare item.
2. "Legendary" gifts, which contain a legendary item.
3. "Nemesis" Gifts are dropped by a Nemesis creature when you defeat it (the Nemesis creature will arrive in your game - from a friend's game - at random times, except in Greater Rifts). Since the latest patch, I don't see any Rare versions of these. They all appear to be Legendary in nature.

Normal gift icons feature a standard "wrapped present" motif. Nemesis gift icons are a bit different - the icon shows the gift box sitting in a pool of blood, and there is a small skull on the bow.

To send a gift, go into your inventory, select the Pouch icon, and then select the Treasure pocket at the top. Any gifts you've found will be in there. Press X to Send them to their pre-addressed recipient.

Gifts scale to the character who opens them. No matter what level you are, the gift will always be a appropriate for the character who opens it. You can keep gifts unopened in your mailbox until you hit level 70 and open them all to grab a bunch of legendary items at once. Or you can let your low level alternate characters open them, to give them a nice item boost early.

Unsent gifts take up inventory space, so there's no point to keep them too long. You also can't change who they go to, so just send them.

Gifts you've received in your mailbox but which you have not yet opened will expire after 30 days.
source: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/15538984745

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 1

Just now, DARKB1KE said:

Yeah, people can send any items they find to your mailbox.  They expire after 60 days or something though.

ROS is technically better, just more to do in it, they have the bounty/rifts system, etc. which changes the game and gives more things to do at end-game for players.

So yes, skip the first one if you don't already own it. 

Ok np.

I mean I don't mind playing a game again or stacking trophies, but something just feels off about the first Diablo III iteration ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 hours ago, Trophy Huntress said:

10. I finished Dead Space 1 and I am almost done with Dead Space 2, can't decide if I should play Extraction, Ignition and Dead Space 3 (aka the weaker games of the series). Yay or Nay or Meh :| ?

I enjoyed Extraction for what it was and I wouldn't mind doing it again but it's definitely not on the level of Dead Space 1 and 2. 

As far as Dead Space 3 is concerned it's probably one of the worst sequel in gaming history imo. The game was trash, no sense of horror and you're missing a part of the game if you're not playing in co-op. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

I enjoyed Extraction for what it was and I wouldn't mind doing it again but it's definitely not on the level of Dead Space 1 and 2. 

As far as Dead Space 3 is concerned it's probably one of the worst sequel in gaming history imo. The game was trash, no sense of horror and you're missing a part of the game if you're not playing in co-op. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Yeah I know what you mean.

6 Post-Apocalyptic:

Elex

Darksiders 1 & 2

Nier Automata

God Eater Resurrection and 2 Rage Burst

Enslaved Odyssey to the West (PS3)

Red Faction Armageddon PS3 (not sure if the servers closed for the on line modes)

7 Dark Fantasy

Risen 3 (PS3 or PS4)

Witcher 3 Complete Edition

Y's VIII (not dark but still worth it)

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow series (PS3)

Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk (Dynasty warriors style gameplay)

8 Military

Zombie Army Trilogy

Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS3)

Transformers Devastation (not exactly military but still lots of FUN)

On the Dead Space topic:

Ignition is a small game of several puzzles that takes about 2hrs to do everything. the only reason to play it is for the Hacker suit the save file gives you in Dead Space 3

Extraction was pretty fun being a Rail shooter

Dead Space 3 as mentioned you miss out on half the game playing single player despite the developers claiming you would not miss out on anything.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

DarkHarmonixer is an awesome person.

Thanks for all the suggestions for my game categories. I'll look into everything you suggested. Yeah Metal Gear and Castlevania series can be grouped in their own categories because they got a lot of games respectively.

Yeah, I know you mentioned you wanted to help me with Dead Space 3, but I feel bad because you already play/plat that game. Not only are missions unlocked behind co-op but also collectibles, so lame.

Also I don't have a headset anymore, but I can use my laptop's built in mic if I use Discord.

i am used to running with no mic and i do not play for trophies. Yes Dead Space 3 is an aweful sequel but not a bad game. I think you can Plat DS3 without the co-op but i do not remember.

Not sure if it would go under Military but i would also suggest

Mummy Demastered (a straight up metroid clone but still alot of fun)

• Like 1

I got 100% on PS3 Journey a bit over two weeks ago, which was every multiplayer trophy ever since I played it offline years back. Try to meditate at the temple level or the underground level before and then follow a player, hopefully getting that Reflection trophy out of the way. I got it done in one sitting. You should meet 10 players when finishing up the collectibles. Maybe play on weekend for better luck.

• Like 1