glitch in neptunes bounty

dodgedoors

Man it really pays to have multiple saves.  I had just finished Arcadia and went back to Neptunes bounty to get the 2 Little sisters I didn't save.  Got the first one but on the second I was out of the effective ammo so I lured him up to one of the areas with hacked grenade turrets.  I froze big daddy with the nitrogen up there and l let the turret do its thing while i went to town on him with the standard machine gun.  He shattered and I rescued the little sister, went to save and on loading it glitched all to hell and froze on loading.  I exited out and tried to reload the save and still freezes on the loading.  Totally sucked but could have been worse If I hadn't had a second save.

Save often my friends.

I pretty much saved after anything I did in this game. Think I ended up with about 500 saves by the time I'd finished :blink:

Better safe than sorry, I suppose :P

I did the same thing only I rotated using about 10 or 15 saves. Fallout on the other hand had about two hundred by saves by the time I was through.
  • Like 2

I did the same thing only I rotated using about 10 or 15 saves. Fallout on the other hand had about two hundred by saves by the time I was through.

I had planned to rotate the saves too and promptly forgot when I started the game. Did the same on Fallout too :facepalm:

Took ages to delete them all one by one too. This was before Sony patched in the "Delete multiple saves" option.

I am only rocking 2 saves and so far nothing has bit me on the ass yet.  I am trying to do the one playthrough platinum on this and man those first levels were near impossible, but getting easier now. Survivor no vita chambers is a task but if you keep up saving constantly it's not so bad.

Indeed. The first time I played through it I had trouble when you had to take the pictures of certain splicers. The last one glitched on me and I had to restart completely...

Multiple saves has saved my ass from having to do that. The most memorable one is a quest from Two Worlds 2 that glitched on me and I didn't catch it immediately. I was able to find a save before the glitched quest and lost about 15 of progress. Losing 15 hours was much more preferable than starting over.

I had planned to rotate the saves too and promptly forgot when I started the game. Did the same on Fallout too :facepalm:

Took ages to delete them all one by one too. This was before Sony patched in the "Delete multiple saves" option.

The Fallout guide at .org warned against copying over saves, so I just didn't do it. I'd already had that firmware update by the time I finished Fallout. What a lifesaver, one the most useful updates, imo.
  • Like 1

Multiple saves has saved my ass from having to do that. The most memorable one is a quest from Two Worlds 2 that glitched on me and I didn't catch it immediately. I was able to find a save before the glitched quest and lost about 15 of progress. Losing 15 hours was much more preferable than starting over.

The Fallout guide at .org warned against copying over saves, so I just didn't do it. I'd already had that firmware update by the time I finished Fallout. What a lifesaver, one the most useful updates, imo.

I generally never copy over saves for any game I'm playing nowadays "just in case". That is unless I'm forced to do so when the game has a maximum amount of saves allowed.

• 7 years later...

I second having multiple save files, 3 or 4 is about a good number of them or just a new one as you enter a new "chapter", I made the poor mistake of having only one and PSnow bugged out on me and forced me to restart the whole thing (thankfully got back to my original point in a single sitting since I actually knew what to do this time around) but it definitely pays to be careful especially since it's not like it takes long to save anyways.