Super Gravitron Tips

Yuukiyun

At the moment I'm left with Space Station 2 V-Rank, which I certainly can do as I've had various runs with 1 death and I'm surprisingly consistent at "Doing things the hard way". The only thing holding me back are nerves when I get a good run. Then there's No Death Mode, which is like the time trials except no timer and trinkets, but with a Gravitron. *sighs*

And then there's the Super Gravitron, in which you have to survive 60 seconds. I've been playing it for hours in total, and I still struggle to get runs over 20 seconds. (Record is 26.16) I can certainly get 30 seconds at some point, but one minute is insanity, and would probably cost me 50+ hours of playing Super Gravitron at this rate. Any help from those that have beaten it?

• Like 1

There’s not really any tricks to it other than practice, practice and practice. The sets of obstacles come at you randomly but the sets themselves aren’t random. At first I struggled to even get 10 seconds but if you keep at it you’ll adapt to the patterns and eventually get further. It’s the 2nd hardest trophy in the game and is good practice for the regular gravitron in no death mode. This reply is pretty useless but good luck. It can be very harsh and give you real shitty patterns sometimes.

2 hours ago, Dark said:

There’s not really any tricks to it other than practice, practice and practice.

There are actually, which I will describe in the guide :)

I've talked with @Danny_Johansen and @DaRick1993 about their performances in the super gravitron and these guys did it without these tactics. I guess you did too @Dark.

All I can say to you guys is: WELL DONE :D!

I've added SunnyCrappyYT & DarkSamuraii- as co-creators for now just so you can check the strats and maybe let me know if something isn't clear ;)

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/5587-vvvvvv-super-gravitron-guide

Edited by A1rPun
  • Like 1

I would just say a bit of practice, took me under 10 hours to get the minute done I'm pretty sure, I can't see it taking someone 50. I'm not sure what the tips and tricks are but I do remember taking advantage of being able to go through one side of the screen and coming out the other side. But by the end I had a 'strategy' for each of the patterns that would come. You can get a couple of tough patterns back to back which can mess things up annoyingly. 

@zajac9999 The tips and tricks are basically describing the patterns and how to screen-wrap every pattern succesfully.

2 hours ago, Dark said:

It can be very harsh and give you real shitty patterns sometimes.

1 hour ago, zajac9999 said:

You can get a couple of tough patterns back to back which can mess things up annoyingly. 

This shoud be the only thing stopping you from the trophy... the luck factor.

• Like 1