Should I play Vanilla SS before SSD if I want to get the platinum?

mr2k_pdh

I’m interested in playing Soul Sacrifice Delta, because I’ve heard that it’s the definitive edition of the game, but I’d like to platinum it and looks like it’ll take about 100 hours. While Delta is the better game, I’m wondering if I should still start with the vanilla game, platinum it, import my save into Delta, and play it from there. From what I’ve read, all of the story trophies would pop after I complete a mission, and I would still be able to enjoy all of the extra content. Plus, I’d get two platinums instead of one. How much time would I save on Delta’s platinum if I did it this way?

Edited by mr2k_pdh
  • Like 1

I haven't played Delta, but I had the idea of playing the original first and then transferring to Delta to get both plats. However, the first one is pretty hard to do solo, and with the servers dead, you basically have to do it solo. This prevented me from getting the plat and going on to the next one. From what I understand, Delta is easier because they changed some things about the combat. You can do combos and avoid damage easier. I'm sure that's why the original SS is rarer than Delta. 

So, if you do SS first, it's going to be harder, but you'll be able to fairly easily get both plats (from my research, people have said around 100-120 hours total for both). If you do Delta alone, it will be overall easier though.

SS plat takes about 60 hours with online help, and about 80 without. (one of the dlc items breaks the game)

SSD plat takes 100 or so hours with a SS save and online help. About 150 hours with just a SS save. (This is mainly from grinding levels)

Without a save SSD would most likely take 200 or so without a save and with online help. About 250+ without a save or online help.

These are estimates based off things I remember about the game.

20 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

I'm sure that's why the original SS is rarer than Delta. 

This is because SS is a PS+ game

Delta.is a little harder than SS and a longer plat.

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

SS plat takes about 60 hours with online help, and about 80 without. (one of the dlc items breaks the game)

SSD plat takes 100 or so hours with a SS save and online help. About 150 hours with just a SS save. (This is mainly from grinding levels)

Without a save SSD would most likely take 200 or so without a save and with online help. About 250+ without a save or online help.

Right, I forgot the original SS was a PS+ game. That makes sense then.

All the stuff I've seen says that the original SS was about 60, but I've seen the SSD plat only about 100, even without a save though. I suppose it would be skill dependent and dependent on help though. You even made the trophy guide here and said it's only 90 hours. o_o

Just now, ExHaseo said:

You even made the trophy guide here and said it's only 90 hours. o_o

That was before they took away the online events that help with the slayer point grind. which adds about 10 hours of grinding. Also when I made that guide I forgot to think about people who do not play SS first or people who had never played a hunting game.

The item grind also takes longer without the a SS save. 

It's been a long time since i've looked in to the game, but I would say SSD takes about 150 - 200 hours to plat.

If you play SS first you will be playing the first 60-80 hours of SSD but with a plat. Then with save import you play through the rest of SSD plat time.

However, it's been 4 years since I made that guide or played SSD. I maybe remembering things wrong or unintentionally over exaggerating.

I should probably check and see if the guide needs to be updated. 

• Like 1

I would personally (and did) play SS first. Aside from 1-2 missions, it's not really that hard, and even the hard ones are doable solo. I platted both without ever playing with another player--even the "multiplayer" trophies can be done solo as described in various guides.

Just be aware that the game was rebalanced pretty thoroughly from vanilla to Delta. The strategies that work well in vanilla don't work as well in Delta, so be prepared for that.

EDIT: I should add I played the games with a few months in between. If you play the back to back, you'll probably burn yourself out a bit.

Edited by RNumbers

13 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

That was before they took away the online events that help with the slayer point grind. which adds about 10 hours of grinding. Also when I made that guide I forgot to think about people who do not play SS first or people who had never played a hunting game.

The item grind also takes longer without the a SS save. 

It's been a long time since i've looked in to the game, but I would say SSD takes about 150 - 200 hours to plat.

If you play SS first you will be playing the first 60-80 hours of SSD but with a plat. Then with save import you play through the rest of SSD plat time.

However, it's been 4 years since I made that guide or played SSD. I maybe remembering things wrong or unintentionally over exaggerating.

I should probably check and see if the guide needs to be updated. 

Oh okay, that makes sense. Definitely should update the guide with some new numbers, just to make sure people aren't getting confused about the time, like I was, haha.

22 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

Heh? 

I did everything solo and I don't think I spent more than 50 hours on vanilla and at most 80 on SSD o.o