Gold Crown Count and Playtime

hr_kriese

Hey Guys!

I just thought I'll start a Thread for sharing our experiences with the crown grinding. As there are already some of you out there who got the trophies for 10 small or large gold crowns, I got curious: Have you found a way to boost it? Have you already put in 250 hours in the game? Were you just plain lucky? So, feel free to exchange your experience here with the Hunter World!

To begin with, right now I have 2 large gold crowns and 1 miniature crown. I've spent roughly 80 hours with playing. Till now I don't feel like I've found a system hidden behind it, like monsters getting bigger the more you hunt them or alike. My miniature crown is from Paolumu which I hunted down 7 times, the large ones are from Legiana (17 kills) and Tzi-Tzi-Kulu (8 kills, I believe). All of these popped after an invastigation, though.

So, I'm looking forward to hearing your story there! Good luck on the hunt!

• Like 1

Seems as if this varies widely. 

7 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I've gotten most of them from HR investigations. If I was going to grind for the crowns (which I haven't even started doing g yet) I'd do the multi hunts for better results. 

Why is that? Did you found most of yours on a multi hunt?

6 hours ago, swweet said:

got mine from a tempered nerg inveswtigation

Tempered nerg is something I don't even want to think about right now^^

5 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

I think it varies widely because people post hours that include story and low rank content.

Amount of monster killed duing HR investigations would be a better metric.

i have finished 316 quests ( dont know where i can see my large monster kills sum) . 3 crowns (1 mini , 2 big)

Oh and i reached 102 kills on great jagras without big crown.

PS: 50 was last one unlocking a new titel ,  with 100 no titel or background for card.

I start to hate this jagras , tomorrow i will start reseting quest when i see it is not bigger , even the 2-3 min mission is to long to grind this ugly jagras ^_^

1 hour ago, fisty123 said:

Getting a big on Vaal is not a bad way to start.

Every elder dragon i don’t have to grind as much is certainly a relief, although i feel that he’s the easiest fight out of the bunch.

4 hours ago, Happy said:

Every elder dragon i don’t have to grind as much is certainly a relief, although i feel that he’s the easiest fight out of the bunch.

I found him to be the hardest of the three, although Teostra can be quite stressfull as well. Didn't hunt them very often so :-/

13 hours ago, Xionx said:

Oh and i reached 102 kills on great jagras without big crown.

This would completely freak me out! I don't have a single monster where I'm anywhere near 100 kills.

13 hours ago, nyonmyan said:

I think it varies widely because people post hours that include story and low rank content.

Amount of monster killed duing HR investigations would be a better metric.

Is it already confirmed that the crown drop rate is better on HR? I mean, it would make sense, it's not clear tough. Would be fine with me if we can grind the LR for the crowns, would be SO much faster

Would it be best to do expeditions? Since there is no faint limit, and you can just roam around and slay monsters without a time limit? Does expedition mode turn off any sort of looting/trophy achievements (I.e. if you capture 5 monsters in an expedition, does this go towards your 50 count for the trophy)? 

14 hours ago, LabyrinthWorm said:

Would it be best to do expeditions? Since there is no faint limit, and you can just roam around and slay monsters without a time limit? Does expedition mode turn off any sort of looting/trophy achievements (I.e. if you capture 5 monsters in an expedition, does this go towards your 50 count for the trophy)? 

Worst place for farm. They can escape from location. Plus you will don't get bonus materials for kills, like in investigations.

------------------------------------------------------

Paolumu large gold crown. 1429.20

Spoiler

DVYzFgxWkAQbGbk.jpg:large

Edited by Nucle377