Gold Crown Count and Playtime

hr_kriese

10 minutes ago, Vito_Corleone said:

Lol thanks man. By the way i see that you're having trouble with the Elder Dragons. If you're still short on regular investigations, i suggest you follow a monster in whatever area the corresponding Elder Dragon stays in like Kushala=Ancient Forest or Vaal Hazak=Rotten Vale and just keep collecting their footprints to hopefully get more Elder Dragon regular investigations or you can combine that with crown hunting other monsters to maximize your time. I suggest sticking with regular investigations for Elders because they're easy to get and you don't have to really grind for them like you have to with tempered. Just keep at it, i know how much of a pain it can be to find a crown from one of them, but they will eventually come. Collectively all 5 of them took me about 70+ hours to get their crowns. Anyways good luck with the hunting, don't give up!

Thanks, bro.

Any idea how i can get Kirin's investigations ? I have not received a single one in 50 hours. What should i farm or kill for his quests ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nucle377 said:

Thanks, bro.

Any idea how i can get Kirin's investigations ? I have not received a single one in 50 hours. What should i farm or kill for his quests ?

Either go into expedition or investigation that has Tzitzi-Ya-Ku and just follow him around the map collecting his footprints and gashes. You should be able to get a few Kirin investigations from it. For example just now i went into an expedition with him in it and in just about 3 minutes of collecting i got 13 investigations, 4 of them being Kirin. By the way in my opinion you should stick with only doing the Kirin investigations that are either 3 or 5 tries with at least one gold and one silver reward like the guy says to do in the crown sniping guide on reddit. In my history the all silver rewards 5 tries never gave me a crown, as soon as i ignored them, my luck seemed to improve.

Edited by Vito_Corleone
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vito_Corleone said:

Either go into expedition or investigation that has Tzitzi-Ya-Ku and just follow him around the map collecting his footprints and gashes. You should be able to get a few Kirin investigations from it. For example just now i went into an expedition with him in it and in just about 3 minutes of collecting i got 13 investigations, 4 of them being Kirin. By the way in my opinion you should stick with only doing the Kirin investigations that are either 3 or 5 tries with at least one gold and one silver reward like the guy says to do in the crown sniping guide on reddit. In my history the all silver rewards 5 tries never gave me a crown, as soon as i ignored them, my luck seemed to improve.

Thanks again! I will use this method.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nucle377 said:

2 days wasted on Elders and 0 crowns. I want to delete this game from my HDD and throw the disc in the trash box. This random is pure shit. GJ, Crapcom. ???

You want to throw the disc in the trash box because of this? I love hunting trophies, but this kind of obsession is just sick. The game is fun you know? Just play the game and don't stress it. It's not some kind of race.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

You want to throw the disc in the trash box because of this? I love hunting trophies, but this kind of obsession is just sick. The game is fun you know? Just play the game and don't stress it. It's not some kind of race.

This salt.

I have to agree, if you have no fun doing it, why Continue? If you have no fun doing it, just go on with the next game.  I learned that the hard way. But with MHW I felt really bad to stop - and I did not wanted  it to stop.  So I decided to go for the plat, and I have fun by  farming crowns.  Even if I won't get a crown a day or two.

Edited by Rhevarr

On 27. 2. 2018 at 3:40 PM, Rhevarr said:

This salt.

I have to agree, if you have no fun doing it, why Continue? If you have no fun doing it, just go on with the next game.  I learned that the hard way. But with MHW I felt really bad to stop - and I did not wanted  it to stop.  So I decided to go for the plat, and I have fun by  farming crowns.  Even if I won't get a crown a day or two.

Exactly. I'm 130 hours in.. Got all the crowns from previous and current week great hunt events, but I'm not stressed out about it and it's fun. The game is just so good - anything you do is rewarding.

Edited by BloodyRutz
grammar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rhevarr said:

This salt.

I mean he was probably just expressing his frustration with hyperbole. It does suck when rng doesn't go in your way

7 hours ago, Nucle377 said:

Thanks, bro.

Remember to do the optional High Rank Kirin Quest because I didn't get a single kirin investigation till i completed that

165 hours with 33 crowns so far. Managed to finally get the kushala small gold crown and complete the elders. Going to just wait to see what are the future event quests after coral before continuing to farm for the rest. Not entirely sure if Bazel and Black Diablos will get event quests though

Edited by abhinandhan22

People stress themselves out over these crowns...

If you just want to get the crowns quickly and then stop playing the game, it's your own fault you're stressed :D

I personally will play this game for months to come and the crowns will come eventually. It's a game that you are supposed to play for years (like other multiplayer games) and it's way less stressful if you just take your time ...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

Is it better to wait until the postgame to focus on crowns? That's what I plan on doing unless it's better not to.

I would say its better because you should try and enjoy the game first before getting into this tedious process of hunting crowns which can get frustrating at times

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Is it better to wait until the postgame to focus on crowns? That's what I plan on doing unless it's better not to.

Low ranks aren't worth farming, and this is a thing you care about to do at the point you maxed your gear and you got nothing special to do anymore.

• Like 1

5 days, no crowns. Amazing game <3

I wish i can travel in time and never buy this game. My first (psp version does not count) and last MH game. 

2 weeks and still no patches. Matchmaking is still broken garbage.

Edited by Nucle377

19 minutes ago, Nucle377 said:

5 days, no crowns. Amazing game <3

I wish i can travel in time and never buy this game. My first (psp version does not count) and last MH game. 

2 weeks and still no patches. Matchmaking is still broken garbage.

Cry harder.

If you were so desperate to get the plat you shouldn't be trying to play online, the time spent finding a room + the scaled up monsters + the random mission fails to bad players means it's not even worth playing online IF you are that desperate to finish.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, spiddel said:

Cry harder.

If you were so desperate to get the plat you shouldn't be trying to play online, the time spent finding a room + the scaled up monsters + the random mission fails to bad players means it's not even worth playing online IF you are that desperate to finish.

Maybe, because after three days full of nothing i just want to play some online for fun and relax and i can't ? And what i see ? Always errors, always full lobbies and disconnects to the offline mode ? 

Edited by Nucle377

2 minutes ago, Nucle377 said:

Maybe, because after three days of nothing i just want to play some online for fun and relax and i can't ?

Your lucky if its only 3 days for me its 2 weeks i got crowns only from event

if someone need to be desperate i think its me but am not going to stop until i have the platinum

2 hours ago, dark69knight said:

Your lucky if its only 3 days for me its 2 weeks i got crowns only from event

if someone need to be desperate i think its me but am not going to stop until i have the platinum

Heh)))

Edited by Nucle377

230 hours-  without focusing on them I have18 crowns- Rathians, Nergigante, Barroth and Pukei done- everyone else- I'M COMING FOR YA.

Also the level 100 Saphirre Star mission is very good for getting 9 star elder investigations- which in turn are good for getting streamstones to augment weapons hopefully speeding up the process- Good luck hunters!