Gold Crown Count and Playtime

hr_kriese

just being patient with the crowns using events when they come and playing other games after I get the crowns... so I don't have to waste so much time grinding. I have 89 hours in and 20 gold crowns so far. 

bigbluehobo.png

Edited by bigbluehobo

1 hour ago, Happy said:

Based on my observations, the trend in this thread appears to be that posts of people complaining about not getting the crowns they want are always quickly followed up with something along the lines of “nvm i got it”. 

Keeping that in mind i’d like to take this opportunity to formally complain about the spawn rates of both Nergigantes as well as Teostras large size golden crowns and voice my dissatisfaction. I find my efforts in pursuit of these crowns to be at least adequate enough for me to warrant some sort of entitlement to getting what i want.

Thank you very much.

It seems like complaining on this forum tends to bring about results for some reason.

its-magic.jpg

• Like 2

I just can't get elder crowns no matter what. I've spend the last 4 days focusing entirely on elders and I have 2 crowns to show. The last 2 days alone I've been doing just Teostra and I'm not getting anything. I go in, measure him up, and quit if it's nothing. I've had a few that look close, but I don't know why I can't get a single mini or giant. They're all just barely above what seems to be normal size.

I've also followed that "how to measure elders" video guide and I've had a few that are definitely a lot bigger or smaller than the ones in that dudes video but they never result in crownsies.

8 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

The new quest is up and the monsters are Tzitzi-Ya-Ku, Paolumu, Legiana and Pink Rathian. There's no fifth monster this time

I was relying on this for my small Odogaron and plat, damn. :'( Lol

Ah well, back to the grind!

People, just play the game and the crowns will come :D

I haven't really been crown hunting yet (but I played the events) and already have 12/56 and I'm currently still playing to get my Rarity 8 weapons and for some jewels I want.

121h btw. Taking my sweet time :D

• Like 1

Guys, i found good way to farm crowns on Elders. You need 2-3 investigations with 3 tries and USB flash drive. Copy your save with this 2-3 investigations on USB, start game, start investigation and like always check monster sizes. If you're lucky just kill em and get your crown, if not, repeat like always. When you will run out of these investigations, close game and copy your save from USB and try again. This is much faster and proper way, without grinding fuc***g random footprints via expeditions about 20-30 minutes for nothing.

Got mini and large Vaal by this method in 20 minutes. I can't get them for a week. Good luck!

Spoiler

DXSN6rHWAAUSAoJ.jpg:large

Edited by Nucle377

For anyone interested in statistics of all 56 gold crowns here's my stats. Including completing story, optional quests and killing some monsters a couple of times for equipment materials, but excluding arena quest grind for trophy. Taking advantage of the three 5-monster event quests.

HR 197

729 investigations

Hunt count:

Great Jagras 40

Kulu 98

Pukei 43

Barroth 45

Jyura 31

Tobi 32

Anja 41

Rathian 37

Tzitzi 23

Pao 31

Girros 24

Radobaan 50

Legiana 59

Odogaron 27

Rathalos 35

Diablos 97

Kirin 21

Dodogama 33

Pink Rathian 58

Bazel 54

Lavasioth 51

Uragaan 59

Azure 19

Black Diablos 48

Nergi 16

Teostra 41

Kushala 27

Vaal 94

Actually i do care about how many of each monster that guy killed, at least not any less than i care about anyone elses playtime and crown count. 

In fact i’d say i care much more than i care for the pointless drama that has been inhabiting this thread since its inception.

Edited by Happy

About the stats and pointing out additional thing, that's one person's hunt count without thoroughly measuring monsters on regular basis. Taking even 5 minutes of glancing over the average monster, can improve your sense of its size for later. I didn't bothered doing it but it may help some people struggling with measuring. 

3 minutes ago, vex1993 said:

Grinding the crowns is really frustrating at times. It's good to blow off steam but staying civil on public forums is expected, imo.

I agree 100% with this, however on a thread that's been alive for a few weeks now, with information given in the beginning, Platinum achievers came soon after with tips, people confirmed these tips, and now we all know that there are Events for crowns, 8 Attempt Investigations don't work, a whole lot of good knowledge, and it's started just being more of a social place to say this or that.

Why does he think he has any right at all to say this is useless information don't post it? I've enjoyed checking back on this thread and seeing peoples personal accomplishments, hell I've had my own. I think it's fantastically interesting that I killed 151 Great Girros and he killed 24 for both of his gold crowns. It's interesting to see the variation between the numbers and the monsters and I probably wouldn't hesitate to share my numbers when I achieve all the crowns.

I don't understand why people have to be so ridiculously behaved when it comes to things like this. Everyone here has been helping everyone and it's been a great tool while I've been playing.

Noone needs to shoot down other peoples posts and flat out be a dick. It's unwarranted and toxic.

41 minutes ago, Happy said:

Oh boy can’t wait for this thread to get nuked too.

They are useless anyway, we all know the information thanks to reading day by day those threads but the OP is actually useless. 

Better to just displace all the good information in a new post for new comers.

45 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

They are useless anyway, we all know the information thanks to reading day by day those threads but the OP is actually useless. 

Better to just displace all the good information in a new post for new comers.

The OP was actually not for providing information but for sharing our experiences with the trophy grind. I guess you refer to the Crown Guide OP.

And guys, don't feed him. Just let him share his suffering. I personally also very much don't like the passive aggressive "I want to destroy the game"-behaviour, but we all know that the crown grinding CAN be frustrating. So I guess it's fair enough to write about it. Although I would appreciate a more neutral tone, @Nucle377

41 minutes ago, Abrissbirne said:

Trying to get Platinum is ruining the game for me. I have no desire to continue plaxing and getting these crowns is the most unfun trophy i have ever done. Why would they think it is a good idea to use RNG for this... 

Don't say that. Don't 'aim' for the platinum. 

Today I did the Coral Waltz for Mini Legiana, Large Paolumu, and Large Pink Rathian, looked at my guild card and I had Page 1 crowns complete, Page 2 crowns complete, Page 3 was missing Large Kirin. So there's my target for the day.

28782588_10215720090744182_7470512664070

It's now 5;37am, and I'm going to bed feeling really good about it. Obviously have a goal of platinum, but set yourself smaller targets and it'll be alot more manageable.