Gold Crown Count and Playtime

hr_kriese

2 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

They are useless anyway, we all know the information thanks to reading day by day those threads but the OP is actually useless. 

Better to just displace all the good information in a new post for new comers.

It serves as a bitching thread. Plenty of forums have them. The OP isn't giving advice. He's asking for experiences. If you think it's "useless", why post?

13 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

It serves as a bitching thread. Plenty of forums have them. The OP isn't giving advice. He's asking for experiences. If you think it's "useless", why post?

It was started when not much people had a single clue why after 90h of gameplay they didnt have a single crown.

The “Crown Guide” is useless, and if people come here looking for tips in the OP is also useless. Whats your problem? Too much salt is emerging from this RNG lol

Entertaining is not the same as useful.

5 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

It was started when not much people had a single clue why after 90h of gameplay they didnt have a single crown.

The “Crown Guide” is useless, and if people come here looking for tips in the OP is also useless. Whats your problem? Too much salt is emerging from this RNG lol

Entertaining is not the same as useful.

Nothing in this thread is meant to convey utility. Nothing. The title says it all. No one is giving a correlation here. It's simply a place for the community to post information, and it's currently 15 pages long, making it one of the single most popular threads on this forum. So I renew my question: why post? And to follow up, where in the world did I ever say that entertaining is the same as useful?

(FYI: The only thing that's bringing "salt" here is the continued (mis)use of the word "salt". I'm so sick of that stupid meme.)

Edited by starcrunch061

16 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

Quick question, so I'm guessing the rotten vale event quest is going to be next after this. Will they probably be including Vaal Haazak in that?

I don't think there is going to be a rotten vale event quest, well at least not for the next 2 weeks.

You can check it out on the event schedule: http://www.monsterhunterworld.com/eventquest/MHW_EventQuest_EN.pdf:)

Even if there is a rotten vale event quest, I highly doughy that Vaal Haazak will be in it, as Kirin isn't in Coral Waltz, and Teostra wasn't in the wildspire event. Unless they decide to do an elder dragon event in the future which would make life much easier!

2 hours ago, Abrissbirne said:

Trying to get Platinum is ruining the game for me. I have no desire to continue plaxing and getting these crowns is the most unfun trophy i have ever done. Why would they think it is a good idea to use RNG for this... 

Why not just finish the story, then worry more about the crowns later? That's my plan. :)

230 hrs in- 14mini Gold and 11 large gold. Still just enjoying the game and having fun, although I'm trying to avoid the monsters I have large and mini  golds for already so when the time comes to farm for the plat and move on its less of a pain :)

Edited by redtailedhawk847
  • Like 1

I'm around 180 hours into the game now and I have 14 Giant Gold Crowns and 16 Miniature Crowns - I think it's going pretty well. I'm almost exclusively playing the Event Quests at this point with the occasional Elder Dragon Investigation thrown in. I'm still really enjoying the game and I'm not in any rush to get the platinum. It'll come eventually. :)

I'm 430 hours in and I have every gold crown for every monster big and small EXCEPT GIANT GOLD LAVASIOTH (made a topic about it) which has taken me at least as long as trying to get every other crown if not longer. I'd say I was about at 350ish hours when I began my crown sniping but the last 20 to 30 hours have been spent just on giant gold crown lavasioth and I've seen stupidly huge lavasioth I can't imagine how big it's supposed to get

8 minutes ago, xSubjectX420 said:

I'm 430 hours in and I have every gold crown for every monster big and small EXCEPT GIANT GOLD LAVASIOTH (made a topic about it) which has taken me at least as long as trying to get every other crown if not longer. I'd say I was about at 350ish hours when I began my crown sniping but the last 20 to 30 hours have been spent just on giant gold crown lavasioth and I've seen stupidly huge lavasioth I can't imagine how big it's supposed to get

From my own experience in this game its random even if you find a giant one

there is a high chance its not a gold crown and some time you find monster smaller then the giant one you found and its a giant crown one

this happen to me with many monsters 

Edited by dark69knight

1 hour ago, xSubjectX420 said:

Sad to hear mate, I was looking for mini Lavasioth yesterday but found a large one which I already had

Do you know how to measure a mini?

10 hours ago, dark69knight said:

From my own experience in this game its random even if you find a giant one

there is a high chance its not a gold crown and some time you find monster smaller then the giant one you found and its a giant crown one

this happen to me with many monsters 

I second this, pretty sure models are fixed (or differences aint perceptible by the eye) and the final size number is just RNG

Edited by BlackTorito

46 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

I second this, pretty sure models are fixed (or differences aint perceptible by the eye) and the final size number is just RNG

No that's a stupid thing to think. The size is RNG but the model gets bigger and smaller based on the size number. If it's a gold crown large or small it's actually VERY noticeable compared to the normal size of the monster. About 25%. You can use your character to measure monsters epically if you shock trap them and stand next to them you can measure your head on their body (most often the curve of the leg) to distinguish big and small

10 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Sad to hear mate, I was looking for mini Lavasioth yesterday but found a large one which I already had

Do you know how to measure a mini?

Yeah lavasioth is actually pretty easy to measure I shock trap it and there are 2 bright marks on its leg if your hunters head is level with the lower mark it's average size but if it's level with the higher up bright mark it's the small size but if the lower bright mark is above your head it's giant size