Gold Crown Count and Playtime

hr_kriese

15 minutes ago, xSubjectX420 said:

No that's a stupid thing to think. The size is RNG but the model gets bigger and smaller based on the size number. If it's a gold crown large or small it's actually VERY noticeable compared to the normal size of the monster. About 25%. You can use your character to measure monsters epically if you shock trap them and stand next to them you can measure your head on their body (most often the curve of the leg) to distinguish big and small

It depends on the general size of the monster. Small monsters, like Girros, don't have that much variability to their size.

Secondly, there's very little to no difference between silver giant crown and gold giant crown size, same for small ones. And I'm pretty sure that sometimes gold crowns were a bit closer to the average than silver crowns.

25 minutes ago, xSubjectX420 said:

No that's a stupid thing to think. The size is RNG but the model gets bigger and smaller based on the size number. If it's a gold crown large or small it's actually VERY noticeable compared to the normal size of the monster. About 25%. You can use your character to measure monsters epically if you shock trap them and stand next to them you can measure your head on their body (most often the curve of the leg) to distinguish big and small

Yeah lavasioth is actually pretty easy to measure I shock trap it and there are 2 bright marks on its leg if your hunters head is level with the lower mark it's average size but if it's level with the higher up bright mark it's the small size but if the lower bright mark is above your head it's giant size

No, its not a stupid thing, and you didnt understand. I meant the big and small models are fixed, yes, they obviusly bigger or smaller to eye, but I dont think there is a model to every single size, the game just drops a big model and then randomizes the numbers. Its my guess.

Edited by BlackTorito

1 hour ago, nyonmyan said:

It depends on the general size of the monster. Small monsters, like Girros, don't have that much variability to their size.

Secondly, there's very little to no difference between silver giant crown and gold giant crown size, same for small ones. And I'm pretty sure that sometimes gold crowns were a bit closer to the average than silver crowns.

1 hour ago, BlackTorito said:

No, its not a stupid thing, and you didnt understand. I meant the big and small models are fixed, yes, they obviusly bigger or smaller to eye, but I dont think there is a model to every single size, the game just drops a big model and then randomizes the numbers. Its my guess.

The game makes the model as big or small as it need to be its not like every cm of the monster loads the model that size. You can tell if monsters are spot on average, large or small, or even if they're slightly larger or smaller. If you measure the monsters even small monster have markings that'll help you disginguish. For example dodogama has a line down its sides that is about the height of your hunter so if that line is above or below your head, by a lot or slightly, you can tell how much bigger or smaller it is if by just a little bit or if by a lot. Shock trapping is the best way to accurately measure your monsters. Great Girros was so small he was barely distinguishable from a normal Girros so even small monsters have a lot of range in their size I fought a gold crown small kuluyaku which was barely bigger than my great sword

I finally got my platinum trophy :platinum: with 292 playtime, after 6 days looking for the same monster! THE SAME FUC*ING LAVASIOTH! Wonderful platinum! I will continue playing because I am a super fan of Monster Hunter. The RNG of this game sucks. And I hate who invented these crowns trophies. 

I wanted to thank from the bottom of my heart to xSubjectX420 he who found the giant Lavasioth and called me to battle and we both took the platinum. Dude, I want to tell you that, I love you! You're a lifesaver! And thanks to everyone who posted tips on this forum!

And for people who are looking for platinum, do not give up, you'll make it!

PS: I will always hate Lavasioth. ? 

Edited by MichaelKuma
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Zygo89pl said:

With HR126? You are very lucky or get most of the crowns by copy/paste savefile system. 

I have 6 crowns left and I'm only HR 67. I don't finish most quests because I usually have the crowns of the target monsters

I still need to do 50 arena quests and about 45 tempered monsters but I'll probably need to do a bit of grinding at the end :(

45 minutes ago, Zygo89pl said:

With HR126? You are very lucky or get most of the crowns by copy/paste savefile system. 

I found this method on Elders and used it only on them. I had all the crowns except of large Uragaan when I began to farm Elders.

There is no sense to use this method on simple monsters, because you get dozens of their investigations on expeditions.

Edited by Nucle377

Got a mini bazel and giant blue ratholos last night.  Which brings me up to 22 mini 21 giant. 6 mini 7 giant to go. The grind is real at 276 hours. I just finished the truley awesome trophy in rayman legends and thought that trophy was a grind. I now stand corrected.

I'm feeling very good about this game again.  After having a slow week last week. I got 12 gold crowns since 11pm Friday.  5 of them came from the coral waltz event but I'm still feeling pretty good. Plus I'm done with bazelgeuse I hated that prick. So I got 45 out of 56. 5 mini,  6 giant to go til platinum at 286 hours.

My playtime is 146:28:20, from this I'd say around 100 hours is crown farming and I have in total 45 gold crowns, i've definitely found that responding to SOS investigations where the host is above HR 100 has helped me gain more crowns, plus always look for investigations where there are multiple monsters in it to hunt or capture, it saves you a lot of time rather than just investigations with one monster at a time.