Gold Crown Count and Playtime

hr_kriese

• 2 weeks later...

290 hours in, 24/28 Giant and Mini both. Missing both from Black Diablos, Kirin and Teostra while missing big Vaal and small Kusha.
Getting a bit frustrating since these are all pretty much the most annoying monsters to hunt, minus Vaal and Teostra (but they are boring as hell).

E: Had a lucky break today and within 10 hours of playtime I'm now only missing large Kirin and both Black Diablos crowns (blegh)
E2: And that came to bite me in the ass because after nearly 20 hours of more playing I haven't gotten any of the three missing crowns. Thanks, Capcom.

E3: have to give this up for a while again since the game just refuses to bring out big kirin and black diablos (got my small at 60th kill from someone else's investigation). What a drag.
Gave it a final go and actually got both in few kills today! Turns out 659 was large enough for gold crown and I had 654 before this...

Final playtime around 326 hours.

Edited by Herbalistiikka

1 Week 3 Days since 1st trophy -120 Hours in.

Farmed the events alot.

Missing 6 Crowns.

Small Kirin

Small Teostra

Small & Large Black Diablos

Small Kushala Daora.

Large Vaal Hazak

Very happy with the rate of crowns i've been having :D Easy platinum

Edited by EphemeralEcho

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26.11.2018 at 8:34 AM, Belphega2208 said:

250h

Still 2 small crowns (Vaal Hazak and Teostra) and 4 big crowns (Teostra, Kirin, Black Diabolos and Kushala Daora) missing.

Oh dear, that brings up memories... Big Kush was one of the last I was missing, and it took me literally 40 to 50 hours only scouting investigations and skipping occasionally - but mostly I went for it, as I found it really hard to measure if Kush was big enough. I was SO reliefed when I finally got it. Everything else was quite okay, even though (of course) a bit grindy. But hunting down that Kushala almost got me quitting the game. Keep going, you'll get them eventually!

1 hour ago, hr_kriese said:

Oh dear, that brings up memories... Big Kush was one of the last I was missing, and it took me literally 40 to 50 hours only scouting investigations and skipping occasionally - but mostly I went for it, as I found it really hard to measure if Kush was big enough. I was SO reliefed when I finally got it. Everything else was quite okay, even though (of course) a bit grindy. But hunting down that Kushala almost got me quitting the game. Keep going, you'll get them eventually!

Witzig, dass du aus Österreich bist. Ich bin aus Tirol!

Die letzten 3 Tage waren recht ereignisreich. Erst kam der große Teostra in einer gehärteten Untersuchung (lustigerweise war er laut Größen-Check am Hinterfuß recht klein), kurz darauf der kleine Vaal Hazak. Tags darauf kam dann der kleine Teostra durch den ich mal die Goldtrophäe für die kleinen Kronen bekommen hab - danach kam die große schwarze Diabolos in einer gehärteten Untersuchung - in dem Fall war sie noch weit größer als in allen Videos die ich je darüber gesehen hab. Sie war so groß, dass ich mit den Dualblades von unten gar nicht an den Bauch kam - den Großteil der Zeit musste ich auf Beine und Schädel einschlagen. Wo der normal mit dem Feuer&Eis-Built innerhalb von höchstens 6 Minuten das zeitliche segnet, hab ich dabei über 12 Minuten gebraucht. Grauenvoll, besonders weil ich nicht hätte sterben dürfen.

Kirin und Kushala fehlen jetzt noch. Du sagst bei dir war der Kushala die Härte - ein Freund hat mich schon vor dem großen Kirin gewarnt (79 Kills und insgesamt über 200 Untersuchungen bei ihm).

Das größere Problem das ich grad hab ist, dass ich gestern sämtliche Untersuchungen verbaucht hab. Anschließend bin ich via Erkundung ungefähr eine Stunde lang einem Kirin hinterhergerannt um Spuren für neue Untersuchungen zu sammeln - bekommen hab ich keine einzige von ihm. Selbes Szenario beim Kushala. Der Safaritrupp ist bereits im Korallenhochland, wenn ich da auch nichts bekomme schick ich sie beim nächsten Mal in die Heimat der Ältesten. Davor hatte ich immer am meisten Bammel - dass mir die Untersuchungen ausgehen. Hoffentlich schicken heut Abend einige ein Notrufzeichen für die zwei raus.

Edited by Belphega2208

Jaja, die Welt ist klein ;-) Ich halte es hier mal auf Englisch, ist ja ein offizieller Post :-)

Before running out of Investigations, you could backup your save file with good Invests. Then, when you run out of them, reload that backup. Of course that only works when you're purely crown grinding. I did that with Kush, still had roundabout 80 kills and God knows how many of these things looked at. I was really lucky with Kirin - got both small and large crown in one afternoon, not more than three hours played. All in all, I guess it took me 300 hours to get the plat.

3 hours ago, hr_kriese said:

Jaja, die Welt ist klein ;-) Ich halte es hier mal auf Englisch, ist ja ein offizieller Post :-)

Before running out of Investigations, you could backup your save file with good Invests. Then, when you run out of them, reload that backup. Of course that only works when you're purely crown grinding. I did that with Kush, still had roundabout 80 kills and God knows how many of these things looked at. I was really lucky with Kirin - got both small and large crown in one afternoon, not more than three hours played. All in all, I guess it took me 300 hours to get the plat.

They change???

I thought they are generated the moment you get them. If this works, it would be awesome :o

Just got my last gold mini crown (Vaal Hazak, 107 kills -_- )  and the platinum along with it. 360 hours in total while making heavy use of the crown event quests for all applicable monsters. Also got really lucky with the Black Diablos and got both Large Gold and Mini Gold crowns in back to back tempered investigates. So overall I felt like my luck balanced out pretty well. 

• Like 1

Omg i just got the big kirin. I am soooo happy now. Only big kushala left.

Kirin took me 300+ investigations to look, 82 kills (13 hardy, 68 normal) and in the end i got him with a

Normal high rank investigation

2 gold 2 silver rewards

2 players

No dying allowed

I did it on my own with two blades - at the end i nearly died but i cried like a baby when the crown showed up!!!

Now big kushala and a few arena matches and mhw will become my 200th platinum trophy. Im so proud - and so happy that i can do other platinum then :')

Edited by Belphega2208
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5.12.2018 at 8:19 PM, Belphega2208 said:

Omg i just got the big kirin. I am soooo happy now. Only big kushala left.

Kirin took me 300+ investigations to look, 82 kills (13 hardy, 68 normal) and in the end i got him with a

Normal high rank investigation

2 gold 2 silver rewards

2 players

No dying allowed

I did it on my own with two blades - at the end i nearly died but i cried like a baby when the crown showed up!!!

Now big kushala and a few arena matches and mhw will become my 200th platinum trophy. Im so proud - and so happy that i can do other platinum then :')

Sorry for the late reply, yeah, you can do that backup method, the invests change :-) Anyhow, hopefully you got your last shiny gold medal by now. I was so unbelievably reliefed when I finally got my big kush^^

• 2 weeks later...

My total play time is 388 hours and I have 3 Gold Crowns left. Both Large and Small for Black Diablos. Large for Nergigante.

I got both Kushala gold crowns in less than 17 attempts. Hunted Kushala 16 times and have both gold crowns. I have no idea when I got the crowns, because I didn't pay attention to gold crowns until maybe 150-200 hours in (basically when they started doing those events for crowns). When i was ready to start farming for crowns, I saw the Kushala crowns and was so happy, because Kushala is my least favorite elder dragon fight and one of my least favorite fights in the game. I got lucky with that one.

Btw, I've been finding A LOT more luck farming tempered monsters for crowns. I was farming the 'silver,gold' investigations, and not a single gold crown. Since I started farming tempered, i've gotten 4 gold crowns in less time. Just thought I'd throw that out there, since I know a lot of people think the silver,gold thing works better...... and maybe it does for them, but if it's not working, try tempered ?

Numbers for monsters without special crown events

Kirin took 29 attempts

Teostra took 43 attempts

Vaal Hazak took 73 attempts

Kushala took 16 attempts (maybe less, idk when I actually got the 2nd gold crown)

Nergigante - 53 attempts as of right now and still need Large crown

Black Diablos - 35 attempts as of right now and still need Large and Small crowns

• Like 1

I just finish today with 330 hours.

Nergigante was the worst for me, 150 attemps with at least 1 gold reward.

Kirin 70 attemps.

All the others under 40 attemps.

good luck to everyone going to the plat.

Edited by msd51