Gold Crown Count and Playtime

hr_kriese

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

12 hours in and I got one large gold and one small gold for Great Jargas doing the arena event where it spawned small, medium and large Great Jargas. Events are a way to go as I see on the videos and forums.

Yes, my last 5 or 6 Gold Crowns popped during an Event in just 2 Days. Before that I played month and got no Crown. But in normal-SOS-Flare Missions, because of the Elders, there were no Event-Quest for that.

Edited by Sega-Ryudo

• 1 month later...

Around 250 hours in and I am still missing around 17-18 crowns haha. Yesterday was pretty successful though, got 3 or 4 crowns in a timespan of around 2 hours or so. I am dreading fighting the elder dragons though, I feel like a couple of them are going to be a pain in the ass...

Currently at 184.5 hours. I have 5 crowns left:

Large: Nergigante, Black Diablos

Small: Teostra, Black Diablos, and Anjanath

Anjanath should be a freebie next week by running the Ancient Forest crown event, so I'm getting close... Going to farm a bunch of Nerg and Teostra over the next couple of days to hopefully finish off the elder dragons. The hard ones (Kirin and Kushala) are both out of the way, so this is starting to feel like the final lap.

Finally finished with the last few crowns. Final game time (no joke) 199 hours and 54 minutes. My time could have been quite a bit faster, but I spent a solid 30-40 hours just doing special events and hunting behemoths.

Some things I noticed as I was going that seemed to help things go faster:

1. Definitely spend your time farming gold and silver reward investigations. The more and better rewards there are, the higher likelihood for the optimal quest conditions that seemed to correlate with crown quests (more/less available time, more/fewer available carts, # of players, upsurge,etc.).

2. Tempered monsters are great for farming gear, but they take longer to kill and are much riskier than regular monsters, making them not that great for crown farming. Definitely did not notice any increased likelihood of crown size monsters during these

3. Big crowns seemed to be most heavily correlated with available faints. Snatch up any quests you see with 5 available faints, as they almost without fail would give me big crown monsters at some point in the 3-5 available runs of the quest. Time seemed to have a small correlation, but the available faints were definitely what drove getting most of my large crowns quickly (big Nerg, Vaal, Kirin, and Black Diablos were all 5 faints, with either 30 or 50 minute time limits).

4. Small crowns seemed to correlate with anything that would be considered a handicap (less time, less faints, limited players, forced capture), as well as upsurge. Try to take quests with 15 minute time limits, 1 available faint, 2 player limit, etc. Not as surefire as the 5 faints for big crowns, but if I saw a heavily handicapped quest, there was a strong possibility I would hit a mini crown.

5. Should be obvious, but get all the easy crowns first! With all the events that either guarantee or drastically increase odds of getting crowns, there's not many you have to actually go through the pain of farming the hard way (basically just all the elders with the exception of large Teostra, and Black Diablos).

This went pretty quickly for me, but it was still a pain in the butt and got a bit tedious at times. Luckily the game is great and you can take breaks to do some of the many interesting events provided. Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

My recorded playtime is at 230 hours or so with all but one crown, but I didnt really focus on crown hunting until recently. Actual time is probably like 250+ due to significant save scumming for jewels and crown worthy investigations.

Final crown remaining is large crown Kirin so this is my prayer to the RNG gods, been trying to snipe it for almost two days now and could really use some luck to finish the crown hunting off.

*EDIT*

Finally got it today, thank goodness. Final playtime for crowns is 244:48:38 but I probably have 20 - 40 uncounted hours of save scumming. Now to pump out a few more arena quests and get my plat.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 2

On 7/5/2019 at 8:00 PM, Solarus755 said:

3. Big crowns seemed to be most heavily correlated with available faints. Snatch up any quests you see with 5 available faints, as they almost without fail would give me big crown monsters at some point in the 3-5 available runs of the quest. Time seemed to have a small correlation, but the available faints were definitely what drove getting most of my large crowns quickly (big Nerg, Vaal, Kirin, and Black Diablos were all 5 faints, with either 30 or 50 minute time limits).

I got pretty excited when I read this tip. First time I heard this and it makes complete sense. Except I just ran thirteen 5-faint Kirin investigations, all containing combination of gold/silver rewards, without a single giant crown. The grind is real!

Edited by tbird8184
gold/silver reward details

45 hours for 5 Large and 1 Small Gold Crown

Large crowns are: 

Anjanath

Dodogama

Lavasioth

Azure Rathalos

Black Diablos

Small is:

Odogaron

And a heap of Large Silver Crowns.

Update: 47 hours

2 more Large Golds:

Radobaan 

Odogaron

And a small:

Great Girros

I have 8 Large Silver Crowns also. 

Edited by Gumby114

204 hours it took to get all the crowns.

But I did a lot of stuff not related to crowns like Lunastra gear farming, Kulve Taroth sieges, lots of optional quests, and expeditions.

So my estimate is it probably took 150-180 hours to get all the crowns.

Easy.

Edited by Chocolate GiddyUp

On 23/07/2019 at 3:38 AM, KIERONOO said:

Can you get a crown from joining other people’s investigations and such or only your own?

For sure. I joined one the other day and got my Great Jagras. 

Edited by Gumby114

• 2 weeks later...

After taking a really long break jumped back in and played all weekend. I only got two crowns in all that time. :( I'm 340 hours in and no Platinum. I must have hunted Rathalos 30 times yesterday and today doing investigations and events and nothing...

20 hours ago, Splathew said:

After taking a really long break jumped back in and played all weekend. I only got two crowns in all that time. :( I'm 340 hours in and no Platinum. I must have hunted Rathalos 30 times yesterday and today doing investigations and events and nothing...

Best to not bother with Rathalos. And all the other monsters you can farm in the crown events. Focus on the Elder Dragons and Black Diablos when doing investigations! You'll net the crowns for the others with the events that heavily boost crown propability :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Overall game time was 230hours (half of which was not even going for crowns or trophies). 

All my gold crowns for non elder dragons were from the event quests. - very easy to spam the events until you get all the small and large crowns. 

Elder dragon crowns I just joined other players investigations until I was lucky. The most kills for an elder dragon and the one that took me about 10 hours to get was the small crown for kushala. - 74 killed before I got the small crown. 

Loved every second of this and ready for iceborne now :) 

If anyone wants help with crown/investigation farming I’ll be happy to help. 

• Like 1