Gold Crown Count and Playtime

hr_kriese

360 Hrs for both World and Iceborne. I started playing the game the first week of May, finished both the first week of June. I was efficient to the max. I have every set in the game and all the best ones crafted. All the best wpns. It was a blast but the reason my play time isnt higher overall is because farming the iceborne crowns killed the enjoyment for me. 

- I farmed great spirit vein gems..have 4-6 builds with all armor max defense at level 20.

- I had a build for each element to make crown farming easier. 

• 1 month later...
On 01/09/2020 at 5:00 AM, Kal-El457 said:

360 Hrs for both World and Iceborne. I started playing the game the first week of May, finished both the first week of June. I was efficient to the max. I have every set in the game and all the best ones crafted. All the best wpns. It was a blast but the reason my play time isnt higher overall is because farming the iceborne crowns killed the enjoyment for me. 

- I farmed great spirit vein gems..have 4-6 builds with all armor max defense at level 20.

- I had a build for each element to make crown farming easier. 

Have you got any tips on the crowns? Your pace is very quick.

I'm 111hrs in and have all crowns besides elders and black diablos. I was using the events which made it considerably quicker. Curious on how you hunted the elders since to my knowledge there isnt an event to speed them up.

On 10/25/2020 at 6:42 AM, Silocia said:

Have you got any tips on the crowns? Your pace is very quick.

I'm 111hrs in and have all crowns besides elders and black diablos. I was using the events which made it considerably quicker. Curious on how you hunted the elders since to my knowledge there isnt an event to speed them up.

You are correct, there is no official gold crown type event but there r some basic events that have 2-3 elders like teostra/lunastra and nergi..those events arent bad especially if u have an ssd. I did speed farms on those without an ssd sometimes and got a crown here and there. The best way though is investigations with silver/gold only rewards. 

A bonus tip is joining games of other players, if u see a vaal hazak quest for example and the rewards are turned off then you know theyve been fighting that dude a while lol, u join and sometimes they kill the monster like 1min after u load in and u get a free crown haha. I got 2-3 crowns that way overall through world and IB

The ultimate tip is gear though, if you are patient and get proper builds set up with element synergy you will have a lot of the stress removed for crowns. For example, black diablos..i would kill him in 30-45seconds max! Kjarr Ice Dual Blades with Safi and as optimal decos as i can get with the blind pod thingy(havent played in months haha) 

Edited by Kal-El457

I'm, I believe, 350 hours into Monster Hunter World, but I have also finished Iceborne and have 10 minicrowns and 12 big crowns already for Iceborne.
For the base game: at this point I'm only missing the (giant) gold crown for Kushala Daora, my boyfriend is missing Kushala too but also the (giant) gold crown for Kirin. Since we want to platinum it together, since we played together for so many hours, I'm helping him out with Kirin currently. After that we are going to go after Kushala, and then we do the 50 Arena quests together.

And the truth is, I'm still having so much fun with this game. After obtaining the platinum for the base game, I will go after the Iceborne Platinum too!

• 3 weeks later...
On 27.10.2020 at 1:03 PM, Evalunadesie said:

I'm, I believe, 350 hours into Monster Hunter World, but I have also finished Iceborne and have 10 minicrowns and 12 big crowns already for Iceborne.
For the base game: at this point I'm only missing the (giant) gold crown for Kushala Daora, my boyfriend is missing Kushala too but also the (giant) gold crown for Kirin. Since we want to platinum it together, since we played together for so many hours, I'm helping him out with Kirin currently. After that we are going to go after Kushala, and then we do the 50 Arena quests together.

And the truth is, I'm still having so much fun with this game. After obtaining the platinum for the base game, I will go after the Iceborne Platinum too!

damn Kirin is cursed.. I also just need Kirin 

• 9 months later...

190 hours. Missing a few crowns that I can get in the 5-monster event quests, Black Diablos giant gold, and both Nergigante crowns. Then I have 45 arena quests to do and making a couple rare weapons. I'll probably finish around 230 hours. It would've saved a lot of time if I went directly into Iceborne and finished that campaign before crowns but I'm only MR 3 since I wanted to finish this plat ASAP for my 50th plat :(

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 80 hours into the game and I don't have Iceborne. I got a few crowns randomly joining missions, both crowns for Teostra, mini for Kushala Daora and giant for Vaal Hazak. 

I want to start hunting crowns for Elder Dragons first, i started yesterday using tempered investigations measuring the size and I got Kushala giant and Vaal Hazak mini after no more than 5 to 7 tries each. I just fought them the 2 times I thought thay were the right size, and they were. 

Unfortunately Lunastra today turned out to be more difficult to measure, I thought it was mini for sure, but no crown :(

7 hours ago, Miticogialdo said:

I'm 80 hours into the game and I don't have Iceborne. I got a few crowns randomly joining missions, both crowns for Teostra, mini for Kushala Daora and giant for Vaal Hazak. 

I want to start hunting crowns for Elder Dragons first, i started yesterday using tempered investigations measuring the size and I got Kushala giant and Vaal Hazak mini after no more than 5 to 7 tries each. I just fought them the 2 times I thought thay were the right size, and they were. 

Unfortunately Lunastra today turned out to be more difficult to measure, I thought it was mini for sure, but no crown :(

I'm pretty sure you don't need the Lunastra crowns for the base game crown trophies, so I'd save yourself the hassle with that one unless you plan on buying iceborne!

• Like 1

I'm 240 hours in so far. Missing a few crowns that I can get in the 5-monster event quests, 45 arena quests, and making a couple rare weapons. I spent at least 30 hours just on Black Diablos crown sniping and I don't know if it's just a tinfoil hat theory but I got my giant gold crown right after crafting a max potion in base. IDK if there's more than one rng value assigned to monster sizes and going back to HQ changes one while other actions change another but I saw 200-300 Black Diablos with ~7 silver crowns before getting my gold crown. When I go back for the iceborne crowns I'll try to test it out some more.

Edited by XxViPeRsXx
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

138 hours and I "only" miss Giant Crown Bazelgeuse and Kirin, and both crowns for Nergigante and Black Diablos. I don't even want to think what a nightmare would have been without the events. 

I got lucky with mini Kirin since I joined an SOS investigation at the end of the fight and it popped ? I think Nergi and Balck Diablos will take a really long time, I'll use the save backup method with investigations. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Miticogialdo said:

138 hours and I "only" miss Giant Crown Bazelgeuse and Kirin, and both crowns for Nergigante and Black Diablos. I don't even want to think what a nightmare would have been without the events. 

I got lucky with mini Kirin since I joined an SOS investigation at the end of the fight and it popped 1f63b.png I think Nergi and Balck Diablos will take a really long time, I'll use the save backup method with investigations. 

Back at the beginning, when the events weren't introduced yet, I sure thought I would be stuck with this game forever^^ 140 hours is still a very good time though, even with events. I'm pretty sure you don't need Bazelgeuse as this monster was added in a mini Addon. When you are done with Kirin you'll be through the worst - Black Diablos and Nerg are no pushovers, but still go down faster than the damned unicorn ;) 

48 minutes ago, hr_kriese said:

Back at the beginning, when the events weren't introduced yet, I sure thought I would be stuck with this game forever^^ 140 hours is still a very good time though, even with events. I'm pretty sure you don't need Bazelgeuse as this monster was added in a mini Addon. When you are done with Kirin you'll be through the worst - Black Diablos and Nerg are no pushovers, but still go down faster than the damned unicorn ;) 

Not even Bazelgeuse?? There should be an exact list in the trophy guide for base game monsters needed for the trophy. Does anyone have a complete and exact list?

Anyway I just got a mini Nergigante joining a random investigation with only 2 prizes, 1 silver and 1 gold. And it was past 10 minutes running, so near the end of the fight.

14 minutes ago, Miticogialdo said:

Not even Bazelgeuse?? There should be an exact list in the trophy guide for base game monsters needed for the trophy. Does anyone have a complete and exact list?

Anyway I just got a mini Nergigante joining a random investigation with only 2 prizes, 1 silver and 1 gold. And it was past 10 minutes running, so near the end of the fight.

Definitely not for me, so unless they changed that no, no Bazelgeuse :) 

Giant Kirin: Yesterday I found him very quick in a tempered investigation, but I died :( I went on with other 30 investigations but no luck, so I stopped. This morning I backed up the save file and I found him again in one of the first tempered investigations, beating him this time with the help of another guy ?

Giant Nergigante: more or less the same as Kirin, meaning that I used all my investigations (66 tries) the first round with no luck. But when I backed up my save and started over I found him quickly in a tempered investigation.

As I noticed with Vaal Hazak and Kushala, tempered investigations grant a higher chance, despite being risky because of difficulty. I thought it would take more time, but hey, still Black Diablos out there ?

Edit: Black Diablos done, mini is considerably more common than giant. But I haven't got the trophy because, in the end, Bazelgeuse is needed. And he stubbornly refuses to give me the giant crown, even with the event ?

Edit 2: Got both crown trophies 151 hours + 10 hours crown sniping with save backup. But I still have a lot of trophies to do before platinum, and I'm still HR 85. Good luck to anyone going for crowns, quite some patience is needed, measure everything and don't fight if it's not the right size.

Edited by Miticogialdo
Added info

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 16.6.2022 at 10:45 PM, Buriki-One said:

which quest/contracts did you use to kill 120 kirins and have nothing? I tried 2-3 times and already get the small crowns...

You have been extremely lucky, then. For me it was Kushala - slain this beast 150ish times I believe till I had both crowns. And since the opening of this thread, there were quite a lot of people grinding one Monster for ages. Over 100 tries is not all that common, but having to kill at least one of the Monsters ~75 times seems to be pretty standard.

• 1 month later...
On 23.7.2022 at 6:34 PM, Schrimpey said:

atm i really have bad luck with the rathian. Im doing her over and over again but no big gold crown.

I even did 8 other monsters with Big and small gold crowns in the meantime.

I know its just rng but i hope to get the rathian soon...

I platinumed the game when it came out, so I'm not sure if this is still a thing, but back then there were events that dramatically boosted crown drop rates. They all had one of the Environments and a music genre in their name, like 'badland bolero' or something (I forgot the actual names). 

The only crowns you should worry about are elder dragons and I think the alternative colour Monsters like Black Diablos or Pink Rathian. Take this with a grain of salt though, it's been 6 years since I've played the game.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 0:34 PM, Schrimpey said:

atm i really have bad luck with the rathian. Im doing her over and over again but no big gold crown.

I even did 8 other monsters with Big and small gold crowns in the meantime.

I know its just rng but i hope to get the rathian soon...

Gold Rathian and Silver Rathalos are the only rath variants without crown events. All Elder Dragons have zero gold crown events and should be your primary focus for crown hunting before you tackle the regular monsters that do have crown events. I got the Gold Rath and Silver Rathalos crowns from their arena quests IIRC because it made measuring them much easier.

If the Elder Dragon can be fought on the base World game, then do it there  (Lunestra is especially a good one to do this with, due to how hard she hits in Iceborne) because it's signifgantly easier than doing it in Iceborne. There's videos online that show you how to measure the monster you want, what I did was check the size of the monster then just abandon the quest if it wasn't the right size. It saves a lot of time. Quest rewards quality effects crown appearance chance, you want a mix of silver and gold or 3+ purple. If you have a ton of investigations make a USB/Cloud save of them and keep searching those investigations until you get them. If no crowns spawn just reload your USB/Cloud save and do the same investigations again. I got crowns like both large and small Scarred Yian Garugas from just reloading like a singular investigation for example.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, hr_kriese said:

I platinumed the game when it came out, so I'm not sure if this is still a thing, but back then there were events that dramatically boosted crown drop rates. They all had one of the Environments and a music genre in their name, like 'badland bolero' or something (I forgot the actual names). 

The only crowns you should worry about are elder dragons and I think the alternative colour Monsters like Black Diablos or Pink Rathian. Take this with a grain of salt though, it's been 6 years since I've played the game.

Yes im already doing the event over and over again im like 70 Rathians Kills in and no gold crown

i just got the black diablos and the dragon elders left and the big rathian :(

But thanks anyways maybe my rant here will give me luck xD

4 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Gold Rathian and Silver Rathalos are the only rath variants without crown events. All Elder Dragons have zero gold crown events and should be your primary focus for crown hunting before you tackle the regular monsters that do have crown events. I got the Gold Rath and Silver Rathalos crowns from their arena quests IIRC because it made measuring them much easier.

If the Elder Dragon can be fought on the base World game, then do it there  (Lunestra is especially a good one to do this with, due to how hard she hits in Iceborne) because it's signifgantly easier than doing it in Iceborne. There's videos online that show you how to measure the monster you want, what I did was check the size of the monster then just abandon the quest if it wasn't the right size. It saves a lot of time. Quest rewards quality effects crown appearance chance, you want a mix of silver and gold or 3+ purple. If you have a ton of investigations make a USB/Cloud save of them and keep searching those investigations until you get them. If no crowns spawn just reload your USB/Cloud save and do the same investigations again. I got crowns like both large and small Scarred Yian Garugas from just reloading like a singular investigation for example.

okay so i should do the elder dragons first ? ?

im like 160h play time and i really have to say i dont like the new MH games

the old games i played for over 500+h and dont get bored but the MHW ( without Iceborn) is just a the some sort of monster over and over and there pretty easy in my opinion.

Also the old games had these secrets and japanes charme which i kinda miss in the MHW.

• 2 months later...

Hi, can anyone still playing this regularly confirm if all of the gold crown events are still in rotation, and whether the investigations making elder dragon gold crowns easier are still obtainable? In other words, is there still a realistic chance to get the platinum if I were to start the game today?

As far as I remember from when I used to play it, the events used to rotate every 2 weeks and there was always one of the 4-monster quests.

This is what I'm refering to (taken from reddit):

Quests with guaranteed gold crowns

Great Jagras - Both - USJ Gold Star Treatment

Dodogama - Large - USJ Blazing Azure Stars!

Azure Rathalos - Small - USJ Blazing Azure Stars!

Barroth - Large - Down the Dark, Muddy Road (Arena Quest)

Kulu-Ya-Ku - Large - Egg Lovers United

Odogaron - Small - A Rush of Blood

Anjanath - Large - The Proving (PS4 only)

Deviljho - Both - The Heart of the Nora (PS4 only)

Quests with increased chance for gold crowns

Deep Green Blues - Great Jagras / Pukei-Pukei / Tobi-Kadachi / Anjanath / Rathalos

Wildspire Bolero - Kulu-Ya-Ku / Barroth / Jyuratodus / Rathian / Diablos

Coral Waltz - Tzitzi-Ya-Ku / Paolumu / Pink Rathian / Legiana

Effluvial Opera - Great Girros / Radobaan / Odoragon / Bazelgeuse

Rock N' Roll Recess - Dodogama / Uragaan / Lavasioth / Azure Rathalos

All still available?