Gold Crown Count and Playtime

hr_kriese

12 minutes ago, JediKnight_327 said:

Hi, can anyone still playing this regularly confirm if all of the gold crown events are still in rotation, and whether the investigations making elder dragon gold crowns easier are still obtainable? In other words, is there still a realistic chance to get the platinum if I were to start the game today?

As far as I remember from when I used to play it, the events used to rotate every 2 weeks and there was always one of the 4-monster quests.

This is what I'm refering to (taken from reddit):

Quests with guaranteed gold crowns

Great Jagras - Both - USJ Gold Star Treatment

Dodogama - Large - USJ Blazing Azure Stars!

Azure Rathalos - Small - USJ Blazing Azure Stars!

Barroth - Large - Down the Dark, Muddy Road (Arena Quest)

Kulu-Ya-Ku - Large - Egg Lovers United

Odogaron - Small - A Rush of Blood

Anjanath - Large - The Proving (PS4 only)

Deviljho - Both - The Heart of the Nora (PS4 only)

Quests with increased chance for gold crowns

Deep Green Blues - Great Jagras / Pukei-Pukei / Tobi-Kadachi / Anjanath / Rathalos

Wildspire Bolero - Kulu-Ya-Ku / Barroth / Jyuratodus / Rathian / Diablos

Coral Waltz - Tzitzi-Ya-Ku / Paolumu / Pink Rathian / Legiana

Effluvial Opera - Great Girros / Radobaan / Odoragon / Bazelgeuse

Rock N' Roll Recess - Dodogama / Uragaan / Lavasioth / Azure Rathalos

All still available?

Yes they all are available. Currently farming them...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JediKnight_327 said:

Thanks. How often are the rotations? Is it still every 2 weeks?

I don't think those rotate anymore (i.e. they're always available). They certainly didn't when I was going for the crowns and that took a LOT of hours for me. The only things that rotate nowadays are those special festivals and the Kulve and Safi'jiva sieges.

Edited by RotatingCube
Spelling correction.
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was very lucky, when I started to farm crowns, I joining several ED SOS resulting in a crown, I only had to farm properly both Kirins, mini Vaal Hazak and large Black Diablos. The other crowns I did the events one after another, at the end only mini Great Girros and large Uragaan missing, I alternate the two events measuring, when I get large Uragaan, the next try was a mini Great Gurros, so lucky.

So in the end I get all the crowns in about 130h, and I spend about 20 hours hunting 500 monsters, leveling up to HR 100 and doing the rest of the 50 arena quests (horrible section...).

I pass on Iceborne, the base game was on PS+ collection and tried this game 5 years ago and sold it by frustration, the defender equipement makes the begining of the game easier for people like me that don't like hunts too long. In the end I like the game, but the natural progresion feels too grindy imo.

• 6 months later...

I passed 450h this week and I still miss 6 crowns from the main game (1 mini, 5 giant).

Haven't even bothered checking which ones I'm still missing in Iceborne as I want to have the trophies of the main game first before I start focussing on the other crowns. Picked some up here and there during normal play but there are probably a lot still missing for Iceborne.

So, I'm still looking at many more hours to come :D Which I don't mind as I still love playing this game. But I also wouldn't mind finally getting at least one plat out of it ;)