Gold Crown Count and Playtime

hr_kriese

4 minutes ago, spiddel said:

56/56, 330 hours.

it's really not that bad, you just need to stop killing things that aren't good enough.

initial stack size of investigations seems to be the only relevant factor, tempered monsters might have better odds.

3 best, 5 ok, 8 never.

get some good gear and you can kill every monster in less than 10 minutes with any weapon, abandon as soon as you see something you don't like and you can kill it in 1 minute.

I’m not quite sure what you mean by stack sizes, can you elaborate on that? Congrats either way.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, spiddel said:

56/56, 330 hours.

it's really not that bad, you just need to stop killing things that aren't good enough.

initial stack size of investigations seems to be the only relevant factor, tempered monsters might have better odds.

3 best, 5 ok, 8 never.

get some good gear and you can kill every monster in less than 10 minutes with any weapon, abandon as soon as you see something you don't like and you can kill it in 1 minute.

You definitely used some tricks and got help from other people, which specially invited you for small or large monsters for fast platinum.

Edited by Nucle377

4 minutes ago, Happy said:

I’m not quite sure what you mean by stack sizes, can you elaborate on that? Congrats either way.

they either have 3, 5 or 8 repetitions when they are initially generated. the ones with 3 and 5 seem to have a better size multiplier than the ones with 8.

2 minutes ago, Nucle377 said:

He definitely used some tricks and got help from other people, which specially invited him for small or large monsters for fast platinum.

I just wanted to complete my guild card. I don't have enough friends for this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spiddel said:

they either have 3, 5 or 8 repetitions when they are initially generated. the ones with 3 and 5 seem to have a better size multiplier than the ones with 8.

So, you mean that all these 330 hours you were sitting alone and farming monsters without any help ? Ok, but I don't believe it.

49 minutes ago, Nucle377 said:

Epic no-lifer.

6 minutes ago, Nucle377 said:

You definitely used some tricks and got help from other people, which specially invited you for small or large monsters for fast platinum.

Imagine being as petty as this guy.

2 minutes ago, spiddel said:

I see, hadn't even considered paying attention to this up until now. Will keep track of it and report results somewhere down the line.

6 minutes ago, spiddel said:

I say congrats.
Ignore the hate post above, I am over 220 hours but still have a long way too go in terms of crowns.
I was thinking the same all my single player crowns have come from 3 or 5, I can't recall seeing an 8 one.

Once again well done on the plat and I hope by the time I get to the 330 hour mark that I am not that far off getting it myself.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nucle377 said:

You definitely don't know what is hate.

Oh I do but no point dragging it on, your comments just make you sound like a jealous schoolkid
" Epic no-lifer. "
That's a good one, Then again I wish I could sit at home and play games all day, while getting paid.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Oh I do but no point dragging it on, your comments just make you sound like a jealous schoolkid
" Epic no-lifer. "
That's a good one, Then again I wish I could sit at home and play games all day, while getting paid.

And that exactly was what i meant. No work, no wife, no kids, no friends, just sitting near TV 15 hours per day then sleep and repeat. If this is no-life then I don't even know what else to say. 

No hate at all. It's his choice. At least he got platinum.

Edited by Nucle377

3 minutes ago, Nucle377 said:

And that exactly was what i meant. No work, no wife, no kids, no friends, just sitting near TV 15 hours per day then sleep and repeat. If this is no-life then I don't even know what else to say. 

No hate at all. It's his choice. At least he got platinum.

I've already explained how efficiency can eliminate a lot of the grinding.

I honesty expected someone to have beat it over a week ago, since I probably could have if I had truly no lifed it. 

I sleep 4 hours a day and I do have a job, though I did take some holidays that I had to use soon anyway. this is the fourth MH game I have gotten all the awards on, I even used a weapon I had no experience of using.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, spiddel said:

I honesty expected someone to have beat it over a week ago, since I probably could have if I had truly no lifed it. 

I sleep 4 hours a day and I do have a job, though I did take some holidays that I had to use soon anyway. this is the fourth MH game I have gotten all the awards on, I even used a weapon I had no experience of using.

Congrats then. I'm sorry if I offended you.

Edited by Nucle377

1 hour ago, spiddel said:

56/56, 330 hours.

3 best, 5 ok, 8 never.

Good job, my dude, you're an inspiration.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, spiddel said:

Congratulations!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, spiddel said:

This guy know what mean to love a game, congratulations.!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WARLOCK1972 said:

No Gold Crowns. 50 hours in. Haven't finish the story, but have started HR investigations. What star level HR investigations have the best drop rate ?

It does not work that way. Every investigation from 6 stars have a small chance for spawn large or small monster.

Stars = Tier of monsters. 

Edited by Nucle377

Well done brother! As we said, its very unlike to go for more than 500 hours if you are doing this right. Im 180 hours with 21 Mini 13 Gold Giant and pretty much 1 size away from the other 7 mini and 15 gold, because some monsters drop from 8 to 8, 12 to 12 etc, you can check from MH crown site to see the pattern and see how close u are.

Questions for you sir, do you only solo the missions or join SOS? When you found a monster near the size you want, do you repeat the quest? 

• Like 1

I also tried some 3 and 5 missions, but nothing.

4 minutes ago, fujitora22 said:

Well done brother! As we said, its very unlike to go for more than 500 hours if you are doing this right. Im 180 hours with 21 Mini 13 Gold Giant and pretty much 1 size away from the other 7 mini and 15 gold, because some monsters drop from 8 to 8, 12 to 12 etc, you can check from MH crown site to see the pattern and see how close u are.

Questions for you sir, do you only solo the missions or join SOS? When you found a monster near the size you want, do you repeat the quest? 

What are you doing?

Edited by Rhevarr

5 minutes ago, fujitora22 said:

1 size away from the other 7 mini and 15 gold, because some monsters drop from 8 to 8, 12 to 12 etc, you can check from MH crown site to see the pattern and see how close u are.

What ?

6 minutes ago, fujitora22 said:

Questions for you sir, do you only solo the missions or join SOS?

Pretty sure that he played solo his personal investigations, because SOS Join can't tell you have much tries this have this investigation. 

20 minutes ago, Nucle377 said:

What ?

Pretty sure that he played solo his personal investigations, because SOS Join can't tell you have much tries this have this investigation. 

Monsters doesnt have random sizes, they are fixed. Example, Ku Lu Yaku grows 9 by 9 lets suppose, the size in the site tells you the mini size and it is 800, 791 and 782 being the minimum, 800 is already the crown and 784 its the smallest possible, the sizes changes 9 by 9, if you got a 809 Kulu that means you  was just one level above crown, next time you got and update it will be crown because there is no random number, they are fixed according to the monsters. All of my monsters are at maximum 2 level away from crown, 90% 1 level away.

8 minutes ago, fujitora22 said:

Monsters doesnt have random sizes, they are fixed. Example, Ku Lu Yaku grows 9 by 9 lets suppose, the size in the site tells you the mini size and it is 800, 791 and 782 being the minimum, 800 is already the crown and 784 its the smallest possible, the sizes changes 9 by 9, if you got a 809 Kulu that means you  was just one level above crown, next time you got and update it will be crown because there is no random number, they are fixed according to the monsters. All of my monsters are at maximum 2 level away from crown, 90% 1 level away.

Sorry, still not understand you. You wanna say, that the system works like, if i got a silver big crown then on next time i will 100% get gold one or what ?

Edited by Nucle377