Gold Crown Count and Playtime

hr_kriese

Congrats Spiddle!

On 15.2.2018 at 1:56 PM, Nucle377 said:

Sorry, still not understand you. You wanna say, that the system works like, if i got a silver big crown then on next time i will 100% get gold one or what ?

Would be interested as well. I get you till "next time you get an update" - which sort of upgrade? I mean, if it's just one step away, sure, the next bigger or smaller one will be gold, but that still doesn't tell me WHEN this next time will be, right? Might be the next try, might be hundred tries away

I may have sounded confusing but thats right what kriese said.

I meant, once you got 809 for X monsters and the crown is 800, it means you have the smallest possible before being crown, next time you got an update it will be a crown. But of course this dont mean you will get it right way, it can take forever, you just have the closest level to the crown.

It may be a stretch to assume this, but it seems like there's more 5 monster hunts coming out in the next couple of weeks. Starting on 2/23, it looks like there's a quest called Wildspire Bolero. I'm guessing it's going to have similar crown rates with Barroth/Diablos/Black Diablos/Jyuratodas/Kulu. And Coral Waltz is the week after.

So, I'm just going to relax with the plat and just farm some elders for crowns. The regular monsters are coming in fast with the events.

47 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

It may be a stretch to assume this, but it seems like there's more 5 monster hunts coming out in the next couple of weeks. Starting on 2/23, it looks like there's a quest called Wildspire Bolero. I'm guessing it's going to have similar crown rates with Barroth/Diablos/Black Diablos/Jyuratodas/Kulu. And Coral Waltz is the week after.

So, I'm just going to relax with the plat and just farm some elders for crowns. The regular monsters are coming in fast with the events.

Not Black Diablos, Rathian is my guess. 

43 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Each of the monsters can be mini and large gold crowns.

Easiest way to do it is just play multiplayer when you need a lot of crowns, and then go solo when you just need a monster or two left. Just run and kill them and then return from quest.

Wait, what ? If i kill only one monster (the one i need) and return the quest i'll still get the crown if it has it ? No need to kill the others to validate the quest ?

12 minutes ago, Zmx969 said:

Wait, what ? If i kill only one monster (the one i need) and return the quest i'll still get the crown if it has it ? No need to kill the others to validate the quest ?

Yes. The last ones I need were a Large Great Jagras and a mine Pukei. I just did it solo and ran to Jagras; killed him if he looked big. Ran to Pukei and killed it if it looked small. Then just return from quest to save the crowns. DO NOT hit abandon quest.

1 hour ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Source? If this is true they might do Rotten Vale and Elder's Recess too.

13 minutes ago, Sicho said:

Thanks. This leads me to believe that they'll keep doing these every couple of weeks until they've been through all of the areas.

What I'm wondering is whether they'll rotate them again or put different quests on.

16 minutes ago, Xuuzai said:

Thanks. This leads me to believe that they'll keep doing these every couple of weeks until they've been through all of the areas.

What I'm wondering is whether they'll rotate them again or put different quests on.

I assume they'll keep rotating in again eventually. Like we've already got that two Jagras hunt again this week after it was in during launch week, so we'll probably get most of the non-specific event related ones decently often. 

Edited by Gage

29 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I'm just laughing when I think about all the people crying about the crown rates. I knew the event quests would come in and make it a lot easier to get the plat.

I would have liked if they stayed the same to maintain the rarity tbh, but it's no big deal. Still a really fun game to play with friends and I've been enjoying it a lot.

2 hours ago, Xuuzai said:

I would have liked if they stayed the same to maintain the rarity tbh, but it's no big deal. Still a really fun game to play with friends and I've been enjoying it a lot.

It will still be rare. A lot of people aren't going to spend around 150-200 hours (assuming you just do the crown crests and such) for the plat. It'll probably hover in the 2-4% range

8 hours ago, Xuuzai said:

Still got the elder dragons to get the crowns tho...

Over 100h and not a single mini crown... like, what the hell? And people already getting platinum. I would need about 10 years for that with my luck.

Anyways, 100h on one game is a lot already and I'm getting pretty bored with hunting the same monsters for the 20th time, so I think I'm just going to give up as it is.

30 minutes ago, NarcissusBaz said:

Over 100h and not a single mini crown... like, what the hell? And people already getting platinum. I would need about 10 years for that with my luck.

Anyways, 100h on one game is a lot already and I'm getting pretty bored with hunting the same monsters for the 20th time, so I think I'm just going to give up as it is.

latest?cb=20130610034743

• Like 1