Stuck on Chapter 4, need help

Hey everyone, so I have played every uncharted game and loved them all. I am playing this one, and currently on chapter 4. I haven’t got a clue where to go or what to do. I have been trying to get the collectibles but to be honest I cannot seem to follow any guide as the area seems so hard to follow, so I have left them for now. So I am just trying to play through the story. Now from what I understand there are 3 areas you need to go through, looking on the map I think I have done 2 of them. I did an area where you were swimming, and also an area where you had to get across rooms on different platforms. I also did a bit where I had to solve a puzzle which was a bow. All of this is releasing water from a waterfall. I believe I have one more area to go but I have no idea where to go. I think the fort I need to go to is at the top left of the map, but I have no idea how to get there. I hope this makes sense? Can anyone help? I would be so grateful 

When you first start the Chapter, you should see a tower in the middle of the area. Go to it. You'll open 4 doors. 3 point to the fortresses you need to go to, and one points to a secret location that I would recommend going to. It'll help with your collectible search.

As for the map, I think one fortress is top left (north), one is bottom right, and one is slightly south-westish of where you start the map. It'll all be drawn on the map once you go to that tower though. The fortress on the top left is going to be accessed easily via the secret location. You may have to drive up hills and stuff.

Hope this helps.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

Yeah Chp 4 is unique for the series with a large roaming sequence. 

If you've been to 2 of the 3 forts then their symbols should appear on your map. From memory the top left one may be the one you have to cross a bridge to get to. Not sure if the bridge is a stone one or one covered in tree roots. Your best bet is to drive near that area & look for the bridge; then find the muddy area your jeep can climb & cross it. You'll know you're in the right spot when you see one of the soldiers trucks & arched doorway same as the other forts. 

• 2 years later...

Use your map. I had the same problem. I kept getting lost and turned around. Once I started to use my map, things became a lot easier. Plus, like everyone else mentioned, go to the main tower in the middle of the map to help show you the location of the other structures. She will mark them onto the map for you as well.