Dynasty Warriors 9 Trophy Thoughts

DragonSpear2462

Since it appears to be quite focuses on online play, I wonder how grindy it is. Still, with almost all Warriors games, there is always almost some rare weapon with all characters sort of thing. I can't help but feel there will be a grindy something somewhere to keep players engaged.

The only way this could be harder than it looks is if there's some obscene way to "unlock all battle entries in the Encyclopedia". That could involve like getting everyone's rare weapons or getting everyone to max level or max bond or something. Or it could be something simpler like just reaching level 20 with everyone or something tame like that. Everything else should be as easy as it looks. I'm glad this shouldn't take 150+ damn hours like most other Warriors games.

39 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Since it appears to be quite focuses on online play, I wonder how grindy it is. Still, with almost all Warriors games, there is always almost some rare weapon with all characters sort of thing. I can't help but feel there will be a grindy something somewhere to keep players engaged.

What are you seeing in this trophy list that says anything about online play?  When I go through the list, I see the usual DW grind and not a whole lot more.  How long it takes will depend on the necessary steps to do things like unlock all of the encyclopedia.

There's going to be some degree of grind, most likely in one of the encyclopedia trophies (either battles or locations). Doesn't look too bad though. However this has probably the worst trophy art in a Musou game so far. I know recycling officer faces gets old, but at least have some emblem/medal theme instead of phone icons and a boring cup.

10 hours ago, turniplord said:

No online, no co-op - I’m about 80-100 hours in so far with one character left to unlock. 

Cant talk about the game directly as still under embargo until the 13th - the longest trophy will be to unlock all battles as it requires you to play through all of the character stories which range from one chapter (about 1-2 hours) all the way to 5-8 chapters (5-16 hours) as some have specific battles which you won’t know useless you had a guide for a ‘shortcut’ for which to play. 

Another long trophy is raiding the officer bonds to max for 20 of them and killing 100k enemies - I believe I have done this but it hasn’t unlocked so either it isn’t working or I haven’t hit that figure yet. 

What i I can say tho is in terms of trophies - it’s really easy - just really time consuming. You could get all trophies on the beginner difficulty if you chose too

oh, in terms of locations. I spent about 10-15 hours as Cao Cao exploring the world and finding all the locations - you don’t need 100%, just 75 - but that’s still a massive amount to find. It’s a one time thing tho due to the shared map :)

thats about all i can disclose technically about the game until 9am on the 13th tho

That's a nice chunk of info! Thanks for sharing ^.^

8 hours ago, enaysoft said:

> Yeah I don't think there's online play. There isn't even split-screen coop =(

WTF.....

I thought the game was based around an open world system. OFFLINE open world doesn't seem to be like open world.

Since when did the term 'open world' mean online? There are numerous open world games with no online or co-op within them.

True, this game would have been great with an online co-op function due to the way it plays - local split screen would be a massive no-no for obvious reasons (one being the base systems would die if it even attempted this - the Mid-Gens are the way to go). but the game still operates as an offline open world fine - sure it has its good things and it's bad things (Which I can't discuss - patch could drop any day etc..) but fans of the series won't be disappointed - they may be confused at first but once you get used to the new mechanics and the way they want this game to play out - it all starts to sink in.

Just look at Toukiden 1 to 2 and how they changed - then think much, much bigger - so big that falling off a mountain I climbed took about 20-30 seconds to fall and hit the ground.

Yep seems not as time consuming as previous title.

Also bit off topic but @turniplord it seems Tokyo Tattoo Girls trophy still not updated. Very dissapointed in NISA. The game shouldn't release in the first place, I mean nobody was clamoring for that game to be localized, wish we got The Great Edo Blacksmith instead.

1 hour ago, LastWarriorXIII said:

Looks like no ultra rare platinum trophy this time. 1f611.png Hopefully Xtreme Legends bring back the GRIND.

No thank you. Or at least, if they do, have a better grind than, say, DW8 or DW8:Empires. I could live with a grind like in DQH2 or DW8:XL.

Anyway, like others, this doesn't look as grindy to me as past games. Of course, you never know about things like, "Max out bonds" and whatnot, but when I platted DW8, I had over 415,000 kills, so seeing just 100,000 up there fills me with some hope.

2 hours ago, ryoonz said:

YAlso bit off topic but @turniplord it seems Tokyo Tattoo Girls trophy still not updated. Very dissapointed in NISA. The game shouldn't release in the first place, I mean nobody was clamoring for that game to be localized, wish we got The Great Edo Blacksmith instead.

That's more than "a bit off topic". xD

Edited by starcrunch061

I don’t think the 20 bonds and 100k kills are working :/ - I’ve emailed the devs again. I’m on approx 120 hours or so now and still not got so unless it’s 100k kills with one character then I don’t believe I haven’t hit that figure yet. The bonds one is silly and I still don’t understand it haha!

just working my way through all the battles - just got the final character

41 minutes ago, turniplord said:

I don’t think the 20 bonds and 100k kills are working :/ - I’ve emailed the devs again. I’m on approx 120 hours or so now and still not got so unless it’s 100k kills with one character then I don’t believe I haven’t hit that figure yet. The bonds one is silly and I still don’t understand it haha!

just working my way through all the battles - just got the final character

3 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Of course, you never know about things like, "Max out bonds" and whatnot

Ugh. I feel like I jinxed you.

Let's hope they put coop into the game later via a patch.

Thank god I still have plenty of good Dynasty Warriors games left to clean up. Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends, Samurai Warriors 4 II etc.

Edited by enaysoft

1 hour ago, nyantzu1986 said:

i suggest it will be another grind-fest like DW7-DW8, 70-90 hours, nothing really hard, but i read a lot of reviews says this game has serious performance issues on PS4/Slim and that could make it even worse

Japanese reviews? Shouldn't have read any others as the embargo doesn't lift until 9am GMT on the 13th Feb. So hopefully people aren't breaking the embargo. I can't answer for the base system but the Pro does manage to play decently on both settings in the majority of areas but it is pushed a bit due to the ambitious nature of the game. So I can kinda guess what the game will be like on base hardware. I imagine on base it probably runs like Musou games did last gen as opposed to the close-to 60fps versions we have been getting this gen. But I could be wrong as I've not had a chance to play it on base hardware yet.