Why not co-op/ multiplayer

Blood-Stalker1

Local - the machines would die trying to do so - online - I'm not sure, most likely would have been too much to handle or the devs decided to make this one single player only. After playing it a while, I can see how the co-op would work, but I can also see many ways in which it wouldn't. I'm presuming they tried Co-op and decided it wouldn't work very well. 

It would have been a nice feature, but it doesn't ruin the game in any way with it being absent

The way missions were laid out in Samurai Warriors 4 (and presumably 4-II, which I haven't played yet) would lend itself to co-op play better -- you bring two "main" characters into a mission and could send the one you weren't actively controlling to another part of the map and switch between them, which was useful for handling objectives that weren't near one another.

1 hour ago, acasser said:

The way missions were laid out in Samurai Warriors 4 (and presumably 4-II, which I haven't played yet) would lend itself to co-op play better -- you bring two "main" characters into a mission and could send the one you weren't actively controlling to another part of the map and switch between them, which was useful for handling objectives that weren't near one another.

Yup. Plus this one has a timeline for each of the characters so having people crossing them would really only be doable in freeplay which wouldn’t progress the story - unless player 2 was an in-named soldier or custom character. 

You cant swap characters on the fly due to the locked in story 

I thought Dynasty Warriors 9 was all about an "Open World" system. Open world by yourself? Well I'm surprised really. Aside from Berkserk Musou, and as far back at Troy Musou on PS3, every single Musou game has had coop, almost all since Dynasty Warriors 7 have had online coop and of course every single Dynasty Warriors ever released since Dynasty Warriors 3 has had offline split screen coop.......

Along with taking out some of the really originan and interesting weapons from certain characters and replacing them with spears and swords (like everyone else). I'm really sad about the news.

I was actually thinking wow, open world, could this be the first DW game that has 3+ player online coop....Guess it wasn't to be,

Dynasty Warriors 2 and Dynasty Warriors 9, the only games in the Musou series to be a one player experience....

Edited by enaysoft

On 2/7/2018 at 0:12 PM, Dangisuckatgamin said:

They instantly lost a sale without having online coop. I will never understand why they removed it.

They gained a sale from me. I normally just play co-op with friends in DW games but ended up buying this one. 

Why doesn't it have co-op? I have no clue but that's a great question to ask KT on twitter or their email.

• 7 months later...
45 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I was going to make a new thread, but this is already here.

Today there was an update that added not only online co-op, but offline co-op as well. This is welcome but even now I face some graphical hiccups so I wonder how bad a split screen will make them. :hmm: 

So the couch coop is not a separate mode ala far cry 3? 

But something to be included on the campaign? 

13 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

So the couch coop is not a separate mode ala far cry 3? 

But something to be included on the campaign? 

When I'm in the story mode there's now an option to the left of settings that says offline play and online play. So I assume that the story is now offline co-op as well.

Not that it matters because I think I have to start over...chapter 4 with Liu Bei and the mission for defeating Lu Bu and Chen Gong is glitched I believe. I defeated both and the game isn't recognizing it. Everyone is still kinda just wandering around and there's nothing left for me to do. So I guess it's time to start over with another character. -_- 

34 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

When I'm in the story mode there's now an option to the left of settings that says offline play and online play. So I assume that the story is now offline co-op as well.

Not that it matters because I think I have to start over...chapter 4 with Liu Bei and the mission for defeating Lu Bu and Chen Gong is glitched I believe. I defeated both and the game isn't recognizing it. Everyone is still kinda just wandering around and there's nothing left for me to do. So I guess it's time to start over with another character. -_- 

Oh ok, thank you. I hope you can find a way to avoid start over :/

• 5 years later...

Hello, a friend and I looking for a musou-coop-online game. Since we are trophy hunters, we are interested, if you can achieve in DW9 all trophies in coop with the newest patch. Sadly the coop update was later implemented, such that the wholes guides concern only on the information of the offline version. Are there any restrictions like in the Far Cry games, where only the host can get the trophies?