Disconnected from server = Rank reset

Wheezy

I was boosting with two consoles for around 4-5 hours, everything was fine until my main PS3 lost connection to the Killzone servers, strange thing is my other PS3 was fine and stayed in the match, I lost all Badge progress and my rank was reset to before I started boosting.?fml

Has this happened to anyone else?

It's just luck based how much of the game is going to save. You should always back out of your lobby and back out of Warzone after every 3 matches, I consistently saved 2/3 matches by doing that. Doing very long sessions without leaving the lobby is testing your luck and it's not worth it. You simply have to do all the medal requirements in one go because most of them probably won't save for you, but boosting XP should be done with precaution. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sergen said:

It's just luck based how much of the game is going to save. You should always back out of your lobby and back out of Warzone after every 3 matches, I consistently saved 2/3 matches by doing that. Doing very long sessions without leaving the lobby is testing your luck and it's not worth it. You simply have to do all the medal requirements in one go because most of them probably won't save for you, but boosting XP should be done with precaution. 

I noticed rounds save per round... Not when you back out, i basically sometimes did 24 rounds in one end, noticing sometimes 10-22 save, it doesnt really matter if you bo or not, ur friends can see/look up what has saved even if ur still in the lobby itself

Backing out & checking & logging off only takes away precious time u could be boosting (in my opinion anyway) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJ_AdruA said:

I noticed rounds save per round... Not when you back out, i basically sometimes did 24 rounds in one end, noticing sometimes 10-22 save, it doesnt really matter if you bo or not, ur friends can see/look up what has saved even if ur still in the lobby itself

Backing out & checking & logging off only takes away precious time u could be boosting (in my opinion anyway) 

But this person said they spent 5 hours and lost all their stats from that time by being disconnected from the lobby. You don't normally lose 5 hours worth of stats by backing out and checking your stats. Aside from that, you don't lose any time backing out if people are turboing the game for you, because you will get back into the match just a few seconds after it has started. It is a necessary precaution to make sure you get what you need to save. It's better to back out after 3 matches and leave Warzone and return to the lobby than lose 5 hours worth of stats due to 1 disconnect from PSN. 

24 minutes ago, Sergen said:

But this person said they spent 5 hours and lost all their stats from that time by being disconnected from the lobby. You don't normally lose 5 hours worth of stats by backing out and checking your stats. Aside from that, you don't lose any time backing out if people are turboing the game for you, because you will get back into the match just a few seconds after it has started. It is a necessary precaution to make sure you get what you need to save. It's better to back out after 3 matches and leave Warzone and return to the lobby than lose 5 hours worth of stats due to 1 disconnect from PSN. 

It probably still saved some progress. My guess was they were mostly doing ribbons and not a lot of XP so they didn't get a lot of rank progress in that time to begin with. Of course this could be another issue altogether, or just the OP being extremely unlucky.

For the record, I also went something like up to 5 hours without even leaving the game and the stats still saved 2/3 of the time on average. I mean sure I once played 3 hours and only got 10% of XP to save but another time I played around the same time and 80% saved. Once you play enough games you'll see it's random variance. In fact most of my boosting the last few days was me doing 2 hour focused sessions while watching a movie at a time. So I'd rack up 20 wins or so and note the point values on a text file and then calculate how many saved. I'd say the average was around 7/10.

Also from a technical perspective I can't see how it could matter at all. I think someone in another thread said that they were monitoring their Internet traffic while playing the game and noticed that after each match, the server sent a request to the game client, to which the game client replied by sending a simple package that was mostly a HTML file which presumably contains the stats. Now apparently the game always sends these things, it's just that sometimes the server fails to update the ongoing rankings based on what it's being sent.

Edited by IDiivil

9 hours ago, dark_knight360 said:

I was boosting with two consoles for around 4-5 hours, everything was fine until my main PS3 lost connection to the Killzone servers, strange thing is my other PS3 was fine and stayed in the match, I lost all Badge progress and my rank was reset to before I started boosting.1f611.pngfml

Has this happened to anyone else?

Loosing some progress is just normal in this game :( When i got for example all repair ribbons i quited the game, loaded it up the next day and it had saved 0 and i even lost 2 turret ribbons. Got all repair ribbons again, left, and lost 2 ribbons - thankfully just 2...

When i had to play 3 times a few matches until 1 alt account was saved on 1 rank up. For a 2nd alt  it was 2 tries. This is a worse game saving progress online nowadays :(

Like @Sergen said do yourself a favour and start a long session to get all ribbons. I did get all ability ribbons in one session (after they saved around 4-6 each) and a 2nd day the remaining mission ribbons (half saved at 8, some down to 2 or 3 again).