About the Square-Enix account

I have a question about this game. I created a Square-Enix account and linked it to an old PSN account. Do I have to go through the entire process to create a new Square-Enix account to link it to my current account if I want to start playing this game again or could I just log in using the old Square-Enix account?

This game had always been confusing with their account system. Anyways..I dont know if this will clear up for you. But I'll try, FFXIV when bought is linked (license) to an SE account. If you played on the PS3/PS4 then that license would had been linked to that SE account allowing you to play the games content only on that SE account.

BUT!!!

They do have a one time service request where they will remove a PSN/SEN account from your SE account. 

This link may help.

https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1&daxx=3

I suggest reading the terms carefully, because it's kinda confusing for me. Also I suggest you say you also mistakingly added the wrong SEN/PSN account than making a new one.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

after checking on the internet i see that your old psn stay linked to your se account and se dont like to unlink that, so buy the game again for the registration codes to link it to your psn.

There are more stupid rules like that like example I have the pc and ps4 version linked to my se account, but my ps4 have the expansions heavenward and stormblood and pc not, so its normal that I cannot go to the new places but I cannot even level beyond lv50 or play a new class that I unlocked on ps4

Edited by chellesan

2 hours ago, chellesan said:

after checking on the internet i see that your old psn stay linked to your se account and se dont like to unlink that, so buy the game again for the registration codes to link it to your psn.

There are more stupid rules like that like example I have the pc and ps4 version linked to my se account, but my ps4 have the expansions heavenward and stormblood and pc not, so its normal that I cannot go to the new places but I cannot even level beyond lv50 or play a new class that I unlocked on ps4

Well, thanks for the help. Looks like I am buying the starter pack again. Not like I mind since I got the last copy on PSN store for $10. If it's still that cheap(this is the starter pack and doesn't have Heavensward or Stormblood, that would have bumped the price up to $50), then I don't mind too much.

2 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

I suggest reading the terms carefully, because it's kinda confusing for me. Also I suggest you say you also mistakingly added the wrong SEN/PSN account than making a new one.

Yeah, I saw that page while browsing the site. Thanks anyways.