Shadow of War DLC

But in all honesty.

The new DLC list doesn't look to hard and should be doable in 1 evening of hard grinding ?.

How do you guys feel about a new DLC upcoming? Personally I was glad I got the platinum and finished the game.

When starting with act 4 my whole fun factor of the game died with it. It was such a bore and all my hype for upcoming DLC.. I couldn't care less.

Edited by Deluziion90
feedback <3

1 hour ago, DarkSoleride said:

You should probably rename the tread to Shadow of War DLC or something since the title makes it sound like all the trophies are glitched or unobtainable. 

good idea. changed it :)!

1 hour ago, ElkomS said:

You can do it in 3-4 hours, its pretty much straight fwd like telltale just play it and you will get all.

Good to hear. I'll get it done by tonight I guess ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spaz said:

This is why I wait until all confirmed DLC for these AAA games have been released. Then I buy the Season Pass at a much cheaper price and benefit.

Reason why I haven't started Assassins Creed Origins, Middle Earth Shadow of War and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus yet.

i do something similar but I wait until the inevitable "Gold/Ultimate/GotY? edition to be released so i get everything on Disc. If they do not release an edition like that then i usually buy a used copy and do not bother with any "dlc".

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, glurak400 said:

I have downloaded the new dlc now but it can not play because the developers have not yet sent an update. and dlc trophen I do not see yet, what's going on there?

Yeah noticed the same thing. Downloaded DLC when it hit the store 11 hours ago but there's no option to play it anywhere in the game. Let's hope they're just patching it when it hits 8th properly in the US timezones rather than them just completely screwing it up.

Not that I'm so excited to play the DLC. Just kind of wanted to be done with the game.

2 hours ago, Ringtonwhaledog said:

I have the same issue, no option to play and no trophies and its well into 8th May here...

Everyone has that with us in the EU. everyone has the proplem, but no developer is on the fishes, certainly there is still a position.

You have to manually sync your trophies to be able to see them.  They never showed until I did that.

Only semi difficult trophy will be Baranor the Conqueror and that might just take a few runthroughs depending on how many points you need to hit Gold rank.  You get perminent upgrades that carry over for each of the four ranks, with gold being only the 3rd rank of the 4.  The other gold ranking trophy is for the new shadow of the past quests in Lithlad for Talion to do.

Edit:  DLC is now available from the ingame menu in the US as well.  Im downloading it now.  Already downloaded the 6.9 gig patch.  The dlc is 1.3 gigs.

Edited by Snake2410

Does anyone know, if the desolation of mordor is the final dlc for this game? 

Or is there more new content planned? I own the Gold Edition, but I like to play games when they are 100% complete with all dlcs, free content patches and improvements. 

1 hour ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Does anyone know, if the desolation of mordor is the final dlc for this game? 

Or is there more new content planned? I own the Gold Edition, but I like to play games when they are 100% complete with all dlcs, free content patches and improvements. 

I believe it's the final dlc with trophies.  Anything currently planned next is all free content and likely will not include trophies.  Only the two story packs had trophies.

• Like 1

I found this on rpgsite.net:

Monolith announced last week via a Steam update that Middle-earth: Shadow of War will get its final DLC update on May 8. Titled Desolation of Mordor, this second story focused DLC will put players in control of the Gondorian Baranor as he explores the eastern deserts of Mordor.

https://www.rpgsite.net/news/7006-middle-earth-shadow-of-war-s-desolation-of-mordor-dlc-arrives-in-may

Looks like it should be the last major DLC.

• Like 1

Baranor the Conqueror is not easy at all.  You need to beat all the outposts and the fortress as quickly as possible and likely on a difficulty higher than normal.  It is likely a time under 2 hours, maybe even under 1 hour.  It is closer to the tests from shadow of mordor.

EDIT: So, while  is not easy, it's not that hard either.  Just very tedious because you cannot track your points until the completion screen.

All base story and all Torvin skills and upgrades carry over.  The upgrades for the story skills and all capacity upgrades reset each attempt.  The bronze, silver, gold, and mythril augments from ranks carry over too.  Those need to be reapplied each attempt, and can also be sold for 250 coin.

You need to play on Nemesis or higher (Easy, Normal and Brutal only give a 1x bonus multiplier, so they won't help) difficulty or you won't get enough points no matter what.

You'll probably want to do a few runs on easy and have around 15k coin unspent when you finish because you'll carry over at least 3k coin for your next playthrough.  You'll want to focus on capturing the outposts as quickly as possible and try to get an epic bodyguard with balefire special starting out.

Use at least your first skillpoint on one of the merc discounts and one more bodyguard.  Save up for a legendary with a strong special and one other epic.

You can reset the empty outposts timers by placing one of your bodyguards in it and then moving them out, that way you don't need to keep one in each outpost.  I recommend keeping one epic merc in an outpost that has a strong epic bonus, like 50% more damage delt by mercs.

You need to finish everything in around an hour if possible to hit the 225k+ points for Gold rank.  An hour and five minutes should be ok, but anything over 1hr 10min might be pushing it.  With the right set up and some luck it's doable in around 45 minutes.  It's also handy to back up your save to Plus or a USB drive after each outpost taken, as long as you did it in roughly 15 minutes or less, early ones should be 10 minutes or less.

I'd imagine it would need to be done on Gravewalker to have any decent chance at the Mythril rank.  Unless someone can pull it off in a half hour to 40 minutes on Nemesis.

Edited by Snake2410
New information

Just wanted to throw a quick update to this trophy out there.  I just got it and my score was 232,900.  I'm not sure if that's a glitch (and I'm fine if it is) or if we still don't know the exact tiers for gold yet.  I completed it in just over an hour on Nemesis difficulty.  I took all 5 outposts and did one optional mission to get rid of a Warchief.  The tips in this thread are spot on.  I had 3 mercs, one that was level 57, going into the final siege and they just tore through the enemies.  By the time I was heading in to face the Overlord I had 3 mercs, healing elixir capacity maxed out, all bombs maxed out, and Rally set to restore health.   ?

Good luck to everyone going for it. 

1 hour ago, SirShavesALot said:

Just wanted to throw a quick update to this trophy out there.  I just got it and my score was 232,900.  I'm not sure if that's a glitch (and I'm fine if it is) or if we still don't know the exact tiers for gold yet.  I completed it in just over an hour on Nemesis difficulty.  I took all 5 outposts and did one optional mission to get rid of a Warchief.  The tips in this thread are spot on.  I had 3 mercs, one that was level 57, going into the final siege and they just tore through the enemies.  By the time I was heading in to face the Overlord I had 3 mercs, healing elixir capacity maxed out, all bombs maxed out, and Rally set to restore health.   1f642.png

Good luck to everyone going for it. 

In the livestream today the devs stated that 225k is the point minimum for gold, so no glitch.

I coudn't get them to state what it is for mythril, but I suspect at least 300k because I didn't get it for my 281k and I'd expect it to be a number like either 275k or 300k and not an odd number like 285k or 290k. It's not 275k so 300k seems like a decent guess.  If I catch the stream next Thursday early enough I'll post the question again.

I'm not awful at this game but I'm not a pro by any stretch. I struggled a fair amount playing the dlc on easy. How much harder is nemesis difficulty? Any tips you would suggest before attempting this? Also I got the hunt is my mistress on shadow of mordor so I'm not a complete scrub lol